Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes
    I was having considerable issues playing and converting files with good success (some would work, some wouldn't).

I've had a lot more success using MP4 (instead of h.264) and then manually renaming the file extensions with .mp4 instead of .m4v. Not sure why, but it seems to do the trick.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'll try. thanks

On my TP, webOS found movies with .m4v extensions but can't read it....one good thing : I'm on a Mac and I'm able to add to the movie poster to the movie and it shows in the app "Photos & Movies" (I'm using iFlicks on Mac to add picture to the movie).
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'll try. thanks

On my TP, webOS found movies with .m4v extensions but can't read it....one good thing : I'm on a Mac and I'm able to add to the movie poster to the movie and it shows in the app "Photos & Movies" (I'm using iFlicks on Mac to add picture to the movie).
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldOfTheRocks View Post
    I have a massive collection of .m4v files, DVDs of mine that I've converted using the iPad Handbrake settings. All have AAC 160k stereo tracks, many have AC3 surround, many have cover art embedded.

None of these files work as-is. Here's what I did to make them work:

- Use YAMB to create MP4 versions. There is some difference in the container.
    - Removed the AC3 track where appropriate.

The cover art has no impact.

Continuing problems:

- Cover art / filename is not displayed (previously mentioned often, using folder workaround)
    - Pixel size (i.e. aspect ratio) does not appear to be respected on any of my videos (16:9, 2.33:1, 4:3). Everything is a little tall or a little fat.

Hope this helps everyone.
    Did you have any luck finding a workaround to the aspect ratio problem? I am finding that 16:9 videos are stretched on screen whether or not I tap the expand/shrink button on the control bar.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I tried one video by transcoding it with Handbrake using the iPad settings and within the app itself just changing the extension to .mp4 (probably doesn't change anything internally). copied that in USB mode to a folder "Movies" in the main directory (same level as DCIM). Ejected the TP, opened up P&V and there was my video. Not the best quality but at least it plays. Wow what a total job it was to do this after trying like 50 things.

AGP
    I dont know whats going on with my TP but i have had it for a few weeks now and have transfered many videos and pics on to it with ease.I just finished season 1 on entourage on my TP, so i decided to delete it and transfer season 2 onto it and watch that(same format as season 1).so i deleted old season 1 folder with the videos in it and transfered season 2. except after i safely "ejected" my TP, and launched photos and videos app, the videos or folder were not there.Its like the TP did not "refresh".I restarted luna and restarted the device with no luck.In fact,season 1 folder is still there with the thumbnails of the vids in the photos and videos app even after i deleted it, but when i try to play one of the "deleted videos", it does not play. i know season 1 is not there anymore because when i plug it back into the TP back into the computer,it doesn't show up.When i launch internalz pro,season 2 is there and i can watch any of them from that app, or from touch player or kalemsoft media player.just my P&V app WILL NOT refresh for the life of me.i also tried throwing some other vpics and random vids right onto the root,ejected, launched video app and cant see them either.HOW DO YOU REFRESH VIDEO APP????PLEASE SOMEONE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cosanostra View Post
    just my P&V app WILL NOT refresh for the life of me.i also tried throwing some other vpics and random vids right onto the root,ejected, launched video app and cant see them either.HOW DO YOU REFRESH VIDEO APP????PLEASE SOMEONE!!!
    Some people had luck with connecting the TP in USB mode, then disconnecting it from the computer (without ejecting) in order to get it to re-scan for media. I believe that was prior to the 3.0.2 update, but maybe you could give that a shot?
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    GOT IT!anyone having issues with videos or pics not showing up in the video and ohoto app after transfering,uninstall muffle system logging patch that was installed via preware,uninstall it.do 2 hard resets, and launch you video app and voila!they will be there.at least it was for me.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234