Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    For those that are still having issues with files not showing up after you transfer them, try the app called thinFileViewer. Its a simple file viewer that can at least locate and see where files are located on the touchpad. So far the photos and video app does not see any of my movies that I have transferred yet this app does. From thinFileViewer I can select the movie and open it. The touchpad will then launch the movie app and they play fine.
    DaveInFL and popologuy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingsEighth View Post
    For those that are still having issues with files not showing up after you transfer them, try the app called thinFileViewer. Its a simple file viewer that can at least locate and see where files are located on the touchpad. So far the photos and video app does not see any of my movies that I have transferred yet this app does. From thinFileViewer I can select the movie and open it. The touchpad will then launch the movie app and they play fine.
    This played my videos. Clunky work around but it works. My player had no volume options at all so it was all manual with the buttons on the TP. It was only really audible on good headphones.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I can't figure how to watch a video that i copied on my TP using USB cable. I try the Picture App, but the app can't find my movie.

Can someone have already being able to watch a video ?

Many thanks
    Tried the videos app? O_o
    Video needs to be in h.264 codec and be put into 100palm folder.

The video function is very dissappointing and need urgent fix, like now.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Video needs to be in h.264 codec and be put into 100palm folder.

The video function is very dissappointing and need urgent fix, like now.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    agreed.... :-(
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Try rebooting your TP as it seems to help get the video indexed so they will show up. And make sure they are in a supported format. Folder name shouldn't matter.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    There is no video App... my video are in h264. The only app that would read it it's Photos & Video, but it doesn't find it.

I have restarted the TP...
    I'm loosing my ***** over this device.

It's like daja voo all over again.

I've tried everything to get my photos to load.

I created a folder (Test photo folder) with the USB tether. Copied all my Pre photo contents in (many, many files and some folders with more files).

I go to P&V and see the folder but it's empty.

*** HP!!!

Yes, I rebooted.

Come on man, get your game face on and come to the plate.....
    UGGGGG!!

I just figured it out - you can't have folders embeded in the root folder.

REALLY!!!
    Worked fine for me.

I attached my TP via USB and created a photos directory. I then copied a bunch of jpg's into it. It showed up in the photos app under the folder called photos.

When you refer to the root, I am assuming you don't mean /, since this is not the root that you see when you mount your TP.

The mounted root (G: in my case) actually corresponds to /media/internal with my newly created folder being located at /media/internal/photos.

Download OMA studios excellent Gemini File Manager for a looksee...

hope that helps...
    <<merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <<merged>>
    May I suggest that you merge all of the DVD ripping/mp4 conversion with Handbrake/finding & playing videos threads? There are several in the TP Tips sections, e.g., Tutorial for Handbrake (If wanted), Video Conversion, Handbrake Presets for DVDs, etc.

Thanks!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrapin View Post
    There is no video App... my video are in h264. The only app that would read it it's Photos & Video, but it doesn't find it.

I have restarted the TP...
    make sure your files have the right suffix. I beelieve .mv4 won't work.
    no, what I meant was- if you copy a folder over that already has another folder in it, you can't see any of those folders.
    There has also been some discussion about the photo/video app, since it doesn't always find new movies you've copied onto the Touchpad.

One thing to watch out for is whether the directory is created as "hidden" (in Windows, right-click on the dir/file and go to "properties"). I suspect this has something to do with how permissions are set in the native file system; if so, it will be easy for HP or patch-creators to fix.

Even when unhidden, the app doesn't always notice that you've added video files/folders. A workaround for this is to install the most excellent app Internalz (see elsewhere on this site for how to find and install). If you use Internalz to navigate to your video file, you can then tap/hold to get the per-file menu and select "open". The video will then open and play.

I've still had difficulty determining when/how the forward and back swipes work; so far, it appears that they do NOT work in the open-with-Internalz method above.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Ok, I must be doing something wrong. Well that and I think that Photos and Videos app isn't all that.

I've connected my TP to my laptop and I have manually dragged and dropped a few videos (used Handbrake to convert them) to my TP. Tried putting the videos in several different folders but all to no avail, they never show up in the Photos & Videos app. On top of that, I have several Albums that I can't see to delete.

Not great, not great.

How are other people transferring their videos over to their TPs?
    so how did you connect your Touchpad to your PC to transfer files?
    I found the photo/video app hit and miss whether it picked up new videos. I know the problem is with the app because I had a fresh set of h264 mp4s created with exactly the same settings. It seems that if the videos are placed in the DCIM folder they will be picked up by a restart of the app. NB) the file names are still not recognised though so they need to go in a named folder.

Edit:
    After further testing it still seems hit&miss whether the photo&video app will pick up new files no matter which folder you put them in.
    Last edited by db3.uk; 07/12/2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Had the same issues, then used hpplay to sync music files successfully. After ejecting drive not only my music but photos and videos were now visible. These files were in the root folder. I think HP play makes the TP index it's files properly.
    I've only used mp4 files recorded from cable with my HD PVR which have played well but with deinterlacing artifacts and occasional lip sync issues as playback progresses.
    Mine was an indexing thing. I loaded them at home using my mac and they didn't show up, plugged in at work to see if they were there when I loaded HP Play music and viola they showed up. they are both mp4 and m4v file formats. When I called the butler they said it could also see h.264 but haven't tried it.

the mp4 seems to look better, less interlacing and better scaling ripped via handbrake. both files I tried were 30 min clips about 450MB or so.

I will have to use the suggestions for the ipad settings and ripping 100% scale quality and I am sure it will fix the quality issues.

I have them in a folder called movies and it found it just fine after that.

I also used OJOsoft on my work PC to convert some of the other video formats I had to mp4 and it works good and it's cheap.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast