Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    I can't seem to even make sub albums in the Photos & Videos app!! Did you do this when connected as a USB drive?
    Yes, all this is done while connected in USB mode -folder creation, file moves, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    try uploading through box.net, then DL them to ure TP. Its longer like this but no issues so far
    I am currently in the process of uploading some videos to box.net. I did see that the largest file size is 1GB but that shouldn't be a problem.

When you download from box.net do you have the option to state where the files go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Yes, all this is done while connected in USB mode -folder creation, file moves, etc.
    Right, I know it can be done that way, and that's how I did it, but just no luck so far. Only thing I haven't tried is to put a movie in the root directory which I will try next. Not perfect either as I'd at least like to have some kind of folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I noticed that if I placed the files at the root, they showed up fine but if I placed them in folders nothing would come up.
    Tried that and it still didn't work, still can't see the video. Ensured that Handbrake is set to iPad Preset and the video is being saved with the H.264 codec with an extension of .m4v.

I give up, this is ****e really. It shouldn't be this hard to transfer a video and be able to watch it!
    I just tried a different video file and it worked properly. It must not like certain containers, or either the file size of the other video I copied is too large (1.5GB).
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    I can't seem to even make sub albums in the Photos & Videos app!! Did you do this when connected as a USB drive?
    In USB mode, make a subfolder called "movies". Then inside that, make a subfolder and name it the name of your movie - place the movie file inside that folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    In USB mode, make a subfolder called "movies". Then inside that, make a subfolder and name it the name of your movie - place the movie file inside that folder.
    This doesn't work for me... I starting to lose hope... :/
    I changed to mp4 and that seems to work fine. Only problem now is that the videos don't look great when being played in full screen, but that's obviously because the TP is enlarging the videos. Anyway to play the video in the original size?

Also, the lack of file names is a total brain fart!
    don't lose hope. It will work and is probably a format issue. Just make a 'movies' folder in the root of the touchpad via usb. Mine didn't work the first time, change some format settings in handbreak and now all is good.

with that said, the video app on this thing is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Noah View Post
    This doesn't work for me... I starting to lose hope... :/
    I'm having the same problems I bought the internalz app and changed the video format to mp4 and they still dont play this is soooo frustrating I hate to say it but I'm very disappointed with the touch pad so far. :-(
    Here is what worked for me in Handbrake:

Ensure that the Output Setting -> Container is set to MP4 File.
    In the video tab ensure that quality (QP) is set to 1. I find this gives me the best results. Also in the video tab, ensure that Video Codec is set to MPEG-4.

I just created a new preset, made my settings and then saved them.

I think the main reason the lousy video app wasn't picking mine up was because they were in the wrong format. Now they are in the right format it doesn't matter where I place them, they are showing up. Still, without titles it's still kind of tough to know which video is which!
    I think the main reason the lousy video app wasn't picking mine up was because they were in the wrong format. Now they are in the right format it doesn't matter where I place them, they are showing up. Still, without titles it's still kind of tough to know which video is which!
    If you put each file in a folder with the same name as the video title, as suggested by HelloNNNewman, it makes it much easier to find the video you're looking for.
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by treo3002600 View Post
    If you put each file in a folder with the same name as the video title, as suggested by HelloNNNewman, it makes it much easier to find the video you're looking for.
    True enough, then you end up with a bunch of folders to scroll through. Still, a good work around until HP fix this app.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    This is pretty heinous. So, I created a movies folder on the TouchPad (via my Mac w/ TP in USB mode). Put 4 files in there. 3 of them show up in the photos / videos app, and one shows up in the music app even though it's a movie.

The TouchPad will play only ONE of the files-- they're all h264 files ripped in Handbrake with either the AppleTV or AppleTV 2 setting. Actually... the one showing up in music is probably the only one done recently enough to use the AppleTV 2 setting.

Only ONE of the videos will play, and it's the one that's smaller than 1gb-- a 42 minute TV episode (ripped a few years back in Handbrake).

I very much hope HP updates this thing with much more robust h264 support. I don't care if it does anything like avi or xvid or whatever, I just want Handbrake encodes to work. I sincerely hope that it's not an issue with proprietary video decoding hardware requiring some special settings when encoding to h264.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    The TouchPad will play only ONE of the files-- they're all h264 files ripped in Handbrake with either the AppleTV or AppleTV 2 setting. Actually... the one showing up in music is probably the only one done recently enough to use the AppleTV 2 setting.

Only ONE of the videos will play, and it's the one that's smaller than 1gb-- a 42 minute TV episode (ripped a few years back in Handbrake).
    I've had no issue playing files well over 1GB, all encoded in Handbrake, despite the fact that only 1 of 12 shows up in the Videos app (I am opening them with Internalz). Apparently there is a limit around 2GB, though, as I'm getting an error on a file of that size.

My first guess is that the Touchpad doesn't like the AC3 Passthru track that gets added when using the Apple TV presets. Try creating a video with only the AAC audio track and see if that fixes the issue. Also, the container must be MP4 - it doesn't seem to like MKV.
    Thanks everyone for the Posts...multiple posts about video and how to get things working on video wise on the TP.

Finally have my videos originally converted using Handbrake into .M4V format. Followed someones suggestion:

1. Making a Video folder on USB Drive
    2. Place video files inside Folders (XMen, Star Wars, etc)
    3. Copy video files via USB (one file or folder at a time) - this I learned on my own and works because the TP gets Bogged Down transferring large amounts of data.
    4. Rename Files appropriately - change the extension from .m4v to .mp4

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but my USB connection will disconnect with only the slightest amount of touch when connected via USB to my computer getting "OWWW that Hurt Error!"

Basically, I have to connect my TP and not touch it at all else it will disconnect automatically. Does anyone else have this problem??? May be time to buy that extended warranty from SquareTrade just in case I have hardware issues and my problem can't be fixed via software updates.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to any response. Sorli...
    Hopes this helps some users. The TouchPad needs to scan the USB portion of the device to find files, but sometimes it doesn't, so the files don't show up in the app...

I couldn't get my TouchPad to scan the USB portion of the device when I properly ejected (stopped) the TouchPad USB device from Windows (XP and 7). Only when I improperly disconnected the TouchPad did it scan for the files. (I'm not recommending this, but that's the only way I got it to find the files. TouchPad restarts didn't help my situation for some reason.)
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    what about DVD to pre for movies ??
    You could use some encoding tools like Handbrake or Aneesoft.

BTW, for watching videos&movies should check what formats are supported on TP, here is a list: HP TouchPad video formats supported - HP TouchPad Video Format Tutorials
    <<threads merged>>
    I have a massive collection of .m4v files, DVDs of mine that I've converted using the iPad Handbrake settings. All have AAC 160k stereo tracks, many have AC3 surround, many have cover art embedded.

None of these files work as-is. Here's what I did to make them work:

- Use YAMB to create MP4 versions. There is some difference in the container.
    - Removed the AC3 track where appropriate.

The cover art has no impact.

Continuing problems:

- Cover art / filename is not displayed (previously mentioned often, using folder workaround)
    - Pixel size (i.e. aspect ratio) does not appear to be respected on any of my videos (16:9, 2.33:1, 4:3). Everything is a little tall or a little fat.

Hope this helps everyone.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast