Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Watching now and Can't help myself from grinning at the QVC sales pitch.
    Hell, why stop at national tv, lets send out a QVC van with a megaphone.

QVC salesperson: It changed my world.

Now they are showing a dog as wallpaper on the tablet. The dog is very good looking.

edit: HP will not say there will be a completely different generation (unlike Apple) that will leave you in the dust. They will push that information to you.
    (salesperson says ten thousand apps but his cohort corrects him to say thousands of apps)

edit2: Beth from North Carolina phones in.
    QVC: You're getting it from the #1 PC maker in the nation.
    Beth: I have had iPad envy for some time.. I've had an HP netbook which is great... with all these features I couldn't resist this (the TouchPad).

QVC salesperson: It will change your world...I'm glowing and so excited (for you).

QVC: You will hear people say: " my Ipad can't do that."

Beth: laughs

QVC: When advancements come, HP will provide them to you.

edit3: long period where QVC sells a 17.3 inch HP notebook.

Lisa calls in: I turned on QVC this afternoon and bought (the notebook) for my daughter. And my husband bought the previous product (TouchPad) for me...

note: shows power of HP, Lisa's husband believes HP brand name for quality so they just buy the tablet without trying it out first. I hope HP delivers for them, come on Palm!
    Last edited by bluenote; 07/02/2011 at 09:51 PM.
    geez that tablet on the show is soo slow and laggy! Unbelievable!
    my TP runs soo much faster
    That's cause they have too many apps running and bad memory management. The OS is overloaded and it's showing. What a disheartening demo. Thing is we all know some of the limitations. This is now obvious for the general public. I give her an A for effort. An F for execution. HP get that OTA out tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    geez that tablet on the show is soo slow and laggy! Unbelievable!
    my TP runs soo much faster
    I was about to say the same thing... So laggy and so slow... so disappointing...
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Would love to see that (vid?)
    she didn't show skype, touch to share, youtube (flash) videos or even how email / facebook notifications work. Yeah it was a good first show and QVC = lots of pubilicity. Too much lag from too many apps open.
  7.    #7  
    I think it will be done again today on QVC a number of times throughout the day. I'm assuming each time will be live?
    geez I hope its live because last night was a disaster
    The main points for me were...

1. TP was a bit sluggish in the demo last night
    2. Not all the TP features were shown
    3. QVC Lady said there are currently ~300 TP apps but will have ~10k apps by end of this year.
    4. The QVC combo deal is a good (TP, TS, and Cover) for the price

Here's the Link to a QVC segment. Click on the Video Tab...

Ships 7/15 HP TouchPad 32GB Wi-Fi Touchstone Dock & Case - QVC.com
    thank goodness that link is NOT what was shown last night. That link was pretty good
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    oh my God i was DYING during that demo sales pitch last night....it was so unbelievably BAD
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro80 View Post
    oh my God i was DYING during that demo sales pitch last night....it was so unbelievably BAD
    Yes it was and then some. I wonder if any execs from HPalm were watching it as it happened? I can imagine the conference lines are burning up now and not in a good way.
    It is amazing how HP sales and marketing are allowing this to go through like this. The tablet is so much better
    Looks like there is one more segment planned for today at 7PM (Eastern Time).

Also, they are saying they've sold ~1800 units so far.

HP for QVC-Christine Kane - Wall | Facebook
    I never tune into QVC but I will for this haha
    I just placed my order, which is set to ship on the 15th and arrive by the 25th.

Touchpad, docking station and the case for $659+$13sh&h and $40taxes. the kicker is the 5 installments payment plan. It would be nice if HP move to the next step of making the touchstones able to run by batteries as well

I am going to call QVC back to see if an get a rush ship.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 07/03/2011 at 06:26 PM.
    Is it over? I didnt see it on QVC
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    The commercial is for today, but I looked under QVC.com and you can get it from the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    It's on the air right now. It's a 20 minute segment.
    There will be quite a few segments airing over the next few weeks.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast