Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Ok, so I created an Album in the photo app and I want to delete it and I can't figure out a way! You would think a swipe to the right or left would give you the delete option. Anyone know how to do this?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    In addition to this, how do you name a video or see the filename? They just seem to show up as a thumbnail with no description. Anyone else get the feeling that the photo app was developed in about 5 minutes as a last minute app?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah.. I want to edit my album names =X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by reast View Post
    In addition to this, how do you name a video or see the filename? They just seem to show up as a thumbnail with no description. Anyone else get the feeling that the photo app was developed in about 5 minutes as a last minute app?
    Yes!

I found the file and changed the name manually (using Gemini) on one of my albums but after I deleted another one completely, it's still there and useless.
    yes. I also hit this bug. The deleted album name never goes away...
    I deleted the album name in USB mode and it was still listed.... Rebooted, and it's still there... Wish I could just swipe it away.

Still lovin' the TP, tho!
    Okay, we may have a workaround. Seems like the TP will not list an album/folder:

- if that folder is empty BUT the last pic needs to be deleted in USB mode
    (however, an empty folder in a folder with pics will BOTH appear)

or

- if a whole album is deleted in USB mode

Now, I originally had deleted album/folders that were emptied on the TP, so to remove the folders:

- I recreated them in USB mode

- using the TP app, I copied pics into them

- then, deleted in USB mode

Happy deleting! (until swiping-to-delete becomes a reality)

Awesome!

That is brilliant.

Thanks
    Great!

So happy to get rid of these stupid folder names that box.net created when I downloaded a pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Awesome!

That is brilliant.

Thanks
    No problem... I'm just glad I could get rid of those unwanted albums! They were growing quick.
    Go see the thread "Video file name not showing up!" for my trick using Mp3Tag for the thumbnail of mp4 movie file.
    I think the correct procedure is to do it from usb mode with a file in the folder. I did it first on Touchpad and now I cant get the folder deleted.
    hmm seems odd that there wouldnt be a way of removing photofolders. I created one myself to test and have yet to find a way to remove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayraypre View Post
    Okay, we may have a workaround. Seems like the TP will not list an album/folder:

- if that folder is empty BUT the last pic needs to be deleted in USB mode
    (however, an empty folder in a folder with pics will BOTH appear)

or

- if a whole album is deleted in USB mode

Now, I originally had deleted album/folders that were emptied on the TP, so to remove the folders:

- I recreated them in USB mode

- using the TP app, I copied pics into them

- then, deleted in USB mode

Happy deleting! (until swiping-to-delete becomes a reality)

What if the photos were connected to the Photobucket app? I deleted them through USB mode, but they are still showing up in the photos section. It would take a while for me to delete every single photobucket pic in each one of those albums.

Trying to updated webOS to 3.0.2 now to see if it helps. Tried to download and install several times last night, but apparently it didn't work. :/

Starting to feel a wee bit frustrated..
    your update should go, it took me an hour or so to get mine last night.
    sorry what do you mean by "Tp app" in your procedure list? Touchpad app as in the photo touchpad app?

Im confused...?

Also I deleted all the facebook pics and thumbnails off my tp using internals..and yea now I have all these empty albums..have no idea where to locate them..
    Last edited by mlkmade; 08/28/2011 at 12:44 AM.
    How do you identify the albums when the TP is in USB mode? My pc is running Windows Vista ( if that matters)

Thanks
    Among the other deficiencies of the Photos and Videos app is the ability to simply delete an album with photos in it. I really want swipe and Delete. Better yet, let me specify which images and TP folders can appear in the Photos and Videos app! -- Cheers, Michael