1.    #1  
    Enabled Developer Mode
    Accidently configured it for a password
    Will not allow for a 0 length new password

How can I still novaterm into my device with this password?

tried
    novaterm -r PASSWORD -c login
    returns to
    MacPro:~ Demetry$

Any idea's or solutions?

"EDIT: WOSQI comes to the rescue Linux Commandline worked to gain me access past my DevMode password"
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/02/2011 at 08:54 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I did the same thing, and had myself some problems. However I seem to have found a solution

mauro1@wakko { ~ }$ novaterm -r Secr3tP@ssw0rd -t
    root@MaurosTouchPad:/# uname -a
    Linux MaurosTouchPad 2.6.35-palm-tenderloin #1 SMP PREEMPT 129.1.17 armv7l GNU/Linux
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Can also use the Linux commandline feature in WOSQI, as WOSQI has enhanced support for DevMode passwords
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    you just remove the password file....something like /tmp/novaterm/passwd once you have gained access from novacom -c login -r password above
  5.    #5  
    navinag, I dont have the file you speak of anywhere on my TP. But I was able to bypass everything with Jason's info and also a manually entered novacom command.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, guys, help me if you can. I accidentally did the same thing (set my password) and can't get rid of it so I can install preware. I am very technically literate, but have very little experience from a programming standpoint, so the above info may as well be written in Hrvatski. Can anyone get me through this in a step-by-step so I don't have to totally reset my touchpad?

Thanks for any assistance you can give. I look forward to hearing from you all!
    tim
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    OK, guys, help me if you can. I accidentally did the same thing (set my password) and can't get rid of it so I can install preware. I am very technically literate, but have very little experience from a programming standpoint, so the above info may as well be written in Hrvatski. Can anyone get me through this in a step-by-step so I don't have to totally reset my touchpad?

Thanks for any assistance you can give. I look forward to hearing from you all!
    download WOSQI (WebOS quick install), it has an option for the remoting in portion and it will ask for the password you used.

otherwise download the doctor and do a system refresh.

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response. I found a thread that had the solution. Apparently, there were two instances of novacom running at the same time. Once I killed that in task manager, it connected instantly, prompting me for the password, etc. Preware and patches installed, happy camper!
    Okay - I followed the instructions to the T ...did NOT set a dev mode password but the dang thing on both my pc's (win 7 on one, XP on another) will not get past the stupid Novaterm request for a password. Will starting fresh after running the Doctor do it because nothing else seems to work. OR can I give the TP a password and then use it when the PCs ask me for one in Novaterm?
    Thanks for the help in advance -
    Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by thebusinessresourceguy View Post
    Okay - I followed the instructions to the T ...did NOT set a dev mode password but the dang thing on both my pc's (win 7 on one, XP on another) will not get past the stupid Novaterm request for a password. Will starting fresh after running the Doctor do it because nothing else seems to work. OR can I give the TP a password and then use it when the PCs ask me for one in Novaterm?
    Thanks for the help in advance -
    Richard
    I have the same issue but am not tech literate. What is the Doctor? And wherein this thread the previous person found to fix the problem?