Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I put mp3's in the root of the touchpad directory. I made a music folder and tried that. I restarted it after i did that both times and still it says there is no music....

I threw my mp3's in my DCIM folder and they all showed up with no restart. This to me is broken. There should be an option to choose music folders to index from the music app.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah it's really weird. When i visit that page i get this:

System Requirements
    Windows 7, Vista SP1, XP SP3

* 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or comparable
    * At least 512 MB of physical RAM
    * At least 150 MB of available space on your hard drive

Download HP Play Beta for Windows
    Need the Mac version?
    Mac OS X 10.5 or later

* Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 processor
    * At least 100 MB of available space on your hard drive

Download HP Play Beta for Mac
    Need the Windows version?
    We do not have an Ubuntu installer available at this time for your OS.
    download media monkey and use the free version and then sync your music to ur device making sure the settings are for mp3 file format and tag track files and not set for tag track folders
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by cornbread View Post
    Yeah it's really weird. When i visit that page i get this:

System Requirements
    Windows 7, Vista SP1, XP SP3

* 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or comparable
    * At least 150 MB of available space on your hard drive

Download HP Play Beta for Windows
    Need the Mac version?
    Mac OS X 10.5 or later

* Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 processor
    * At least 100 MB of available space on your hard drive

Download HP Play Beta for Mac
    Need the Windows version?
    We do not have an Ubuntu installer available at this time for your OS.
    Are you on an Ubuntu computer?
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  6.    #6  
    yes using linux. This guide was just a simple guide for those that just want to get some music on their touchpad. no downloads no nothing. just drag and drop. hope it helps some.
    yes using linux. This guide was just a simple guide for those that just want to get some music on their touchpad. no downloads no nothing. just drag and drop. hope it helps some.
    Oh well HP Play isn't available for Linux atm. HP Play was DESIGNED for those who wanted to get music on their Touchpad(and all webOS devices).

I think the problem is with this is the Media Indexer. It LOOKS for files in DCIM because that's where the camera is, but I don't think the Music/Video folders have specified folders they're looking for. Not totally sure on that one.
    LocoTreoGurl likes this.
  8.    #8  
    videos don't have specific folders but music must be set somewhere not accessible to the user in the device or it would have picked it up in another location in my earlier attempts.
    I put mp3's in the root of the touchpad directory. I made a music folder and tried that. I restarted it after i did that both times and still it says there is no music....

I threw my mp3's in my DCIM folder and they all showed up with no restart. This to me is broken. There should be an option to choose music folders to index from the music app.
    If you had to put your music in the DCIM folder, then you may be hit by the media indexer bug (link). I was able to put my music into a "/Music" folder and it was recognized on my TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    ok, folks... Here is the much awaited definitive solution to Mp3 music on TouchPad.
    1. Make a FOLDER in the "root" area that is available to you whenn you first plug in the USB cable to your pc -- the folder should be named EXACTLY:
    /AmazonMP3/
    2. Copy your mp3 files EITHER into this folder as a messy mishmash, OR, copy the entire nicely organized /artist/album/song_title.mp3 structure over entirely intact from your PC.

3. You're welcome.

;-) <3
    Mike Compeau
    I couldn't get my TouchPad to scan the USB portion of the device when I properly ejected (stopped) the TouchPad USB device from Windows (XP and 7). Only when I improperly disconnected the TouchPad did it scan for the files. (I'm not recommending this, but that's the only way I got it to find the files. TouchPad restarts didn't help my situation for some reason.)
    The problem is with the indexer. It searches all the folders on your USB drive, and will find all the files eventually, but there is no time limit on how long until it launches.

Also, I do want to mention that AudiophileHD uses its own indexer, so it should catch any files that are not being found by the stock app.
    dont have to do the following, any change in usb mode will cause media indexer to rescan.

I had create a music folder and added music and no music player would see it(after multiple restarts and app installs, even try saving files from the internet hoping to kick off something, 3 days later, hooked up to usb mode and deleted files from my download folder, ejected device(ubuntu) first time when i added music was in windows and windows wouldnt eject device, first thought that was the reason till i read people who eject correctly and still had issues...but anyway after ejecting music files were now listed in the player, no change to music folder or creating another folder as below

wish i had just connected to usb mode and disconnected w/out making any changes to see if it would've reindex and found the music files.

Quote Originally Posted by MCompeau View Post
    ok, folks... Here is the much awaited definitive solution to Mp3 music on TouchPad.
    1. Make a FOLDER in the "root" area that is available to you whenn you first plug in the USB cable to your pc -- the folder should be named EXACTLY:
    /AmazonMP3/
    2. Copy your mp3 files EITHER into this folder as a messy mishmash, OR, copy the entire nicely organized /artist/album/song_title.mp3 structure over entirely intact from your PC.

3. You're welcome.

;-) <3
    Mike Compeau
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I couldn't get my TouchPad to scan the USB portion of the device when I properly ejected (stopped) the TouchPad USB device from Windows (XP and 7). Only when I improperly disconnected the TouchPad did it scan for the files. (I'm not recommending this, but that's the only way I got it to find the files. TouchPad restarts didn't help my situation for some reason.)
    I definitely don't recommend this. Could cause your TP to become unstable. This is posted elsewhere in the forums and seems like a common problem. Do not us the "Safely Remove" function under Linux or Windows to eject the TP. Use the "Eject" option to properly eject the TP and wait until the TP is back at the home screen before removing the USB cable. It should start indexing your files immediately afterwards. Good luck!
    coughdrops and lotuskid like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I definitely don't recommend this. Could cause your TP to become unstable. This is posted elsewhere in the forums and seems like a common problem. Do not us the "Safely Remove" function under Linux or Windows to eject the TP. Use the "Eject" option to properly eject the TP and wait until the TP is back at the home screen before removing the USB cable. It should start indexing your files immediately afterwards. Good luck!
    Ok, this is good information. So after choosing to eject the TP, wait until the TP no longer shows the USB Icon? How long does this take?
    I can report that I was able to get MP3s over to the TouchPad by just copying over several artist folders and putting them in the root. The music player found them all.

For example, I had a folder on my desktop called "Jonathan Coulton" and under it there are several folders for his albums, and in each album folder has the songs. I just dragged this folder to the root of the drive that appears when I attached the TouchPad. I didn't need to make any special /Music or /AmazonMP3 folder for webOS to find them.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I copied music and pictures Weds night and neither app 'saw' the files. Turned off and back on, back to USB and eject, eventually gave up. Thursday morning I did a restart holding power & home buttons and voila! I finally had music and photos. Hopefully they will find and fix the indexer problem soon.

edit: no special folder names, just whatever I called them when I copied the files
    My pity for you guys. Please try this.

Create a FOLDER "MUSIC" on your touchpad in USB mode. (In caps)

Just drag and drop your album folder into this.

It should work.

*.mp4 files can also be loaded here and they should also be detected fine, except they do not have a file name.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Call the folder .Music/ and the album art won't be loaded into the pictures app as well I believe.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Call the folder .Music/ and the album art won't be loaded into the pictures app as well I believe.
    I believe if you hide (that is what the "." is doing) the Music folder it will not be indexed and will not show in the Music Player.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast