Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I believe if you hide (that is what the "." is doing) the Music folder it will not be indexed and will not show in the Music Player.
    Definitely don't use a "." before the folder name. WebOS (and Android to so Android users listen up!) uses Linux as the underlying operating system (OS). Linux is a UNIX like OS. UNIX hides folders with a "." in front of it from being seen by a file manager because usually only application specific configuration files are placed there. Use "Music" without the ".". Also UNIX file names are case sensitive so you can theoretically have a folder called Music and another one called music under the same directory. Only issue is that this might confuse your Windows computer when hooking up in USB mode.

BTW, MacOS-X is also a UNIX like OS.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I was having problems even with Audiophile.

I downloaded HP Play, used it to again transfer all my music.

THen I deleted the old /Music directory I had made.

Now Music and Audiophile and MoodAgent all find my mp3s just fine.
    I'm not sure if it is only a problem by myself, but I didn't see any podcast on hpplay on my windows system :-/
    Does anyone have an idea how I get my latest iTunes podcast to my TP?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Do we have a definitive answer to this?

I started by making /music then copying a bunch of files over in my standard subtree format of ../artist/album/trackxx.mp3 - and the player is still telling me I have no music files some two hours later.

The help page is missing.

The online chat folk don't have a clue (about anything, if "Mandy" is anything to judge by).
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    News from me.

The help page on the tablet is missing, but I found the section on the website yesterday which says quite clearly that you can put MP3s *anywhere* on the machine and "it will find them".

I'm hear to tell you that after more than 24 hours and even after a hard restart, it bloody doesn't!!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccomley View Post
    News from me.

The help page on the tablet is missing, but I found the section on the website yesterday which says quite clearly that you can put MP3s *anywhere* on the machine and "it will find them".

I'm hear to tell you that after more than 24 hours and even after a hard restart, it bloody doesn't!!
    use HPplay to sync some or all of your files. After ejecting device from pc, all transferred files will be visible, including video.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccomley View Post
    News from me.

Try using Songbird rather than HP Play. The current Songbird is stable and reliable where HP Play is neither. Create a folder called 'Music' on your device and Songbird will sync playlists to it from your computer.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I definitely don't recommend this. Could cause your TP to become unstable. This is posted elsewhere in the forums and seems like a common problem. Do not us the "Safely Remove" function under Linux or Windows to eject the TP. Use the "Eject" option to properly eject the TP and wait until the TP is back at the home screen before removing the USB cable. It should start indexing your files immediately afterwards. Good luck!
    I'll second this. I have started disconnecting by going to the device and choosing "eject" from the context menu on the advice of WebOS Butler. TP immediately comes out of USB mode without restarting, and I can see my music. Started doing this with my Pre with the same result. Before, when using "safely remove" from the taskbar, my Pre would always restart. Using eject makes it come back to the home screen immediately, without a lengthy restart. Butler recommended ejecting then safely removing, but once it's ejected, safely removing doesn't make any discernible difference...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    HPPlay creates an "HPMusic" right under root
    /HPMusic
    and uses pretty much the same subfolder structure like iTunes does.

BTW
    HPPlay Desktop is based on Songbird. If you have think Songbird does the job better, don't worry HP actually only did branding on Desktop version and still calls it BETA ;-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12