1.    #1  
    Question: Has anyone been able to manually setup an IMAP mail account with a designated root folder? Mine apparently keeps resetting to a null object.

As soon as I close the mail app or reboot the TouchPad the root folder section of my mail preferences disappears.

I've tried removing the account, and manually adding it. Interestingly enough, I cannot set the root folder when first creating the account (with manual settings). I have to create the account with the manual settings -- then re-edit the manual settings.

The root folder designation works on my Pre- running 1.4.5.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I set up 5 IMAP accounts without a problem. The automatic set-up never works on webOS, I always have to manually check the details and make a couple adjustments.

I've not tried messing with the root folder, so I left it alone. What's that do?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    I set up 5 IMAP accounts without a problem. The automatic set-up never works on webOS, I always have to manually check the details and make a couple adjustments.

I've not tried messing with the root folder, so I left it alone. What's that do?
    I agree, IMAP does work. I have multiple accounts with an IMAP setup. However, my one I use for work requires an IMAP root folder to function.

The root folder path is the mailbox that contains all of the users' folders on the IMAP server. For UNIX-based IMAP servers, mail is usually stored in its own folder in the user's home folder (for example, ~username/ImapMail)
  4.    #4  
    Fixed in WebOS 3.0.2. Now I can finally check my work email! :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Fixed in WebOS 3.0.2. Now I can finally check my work email! :-D
    Validation of fixed issues is always good to hear.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts