Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aviatordoc
  1.    #1  
    If you read online its meant for itunes and windows media player....so will it play on the touchpad? or will the format need to be converted? if so, what converter do you recommend?
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  2. #2  
    give with the details, then!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
  3. #3  
    I can't even get a regular video to load up on the TouchPad. I really need some help just getting videos on it. Anyone?
  4. #4  
    I convert all my DVD to MP4 files simply to make using them easier. The problem I'm having, is getting the Touchpad to recognize where I place them. I may have to use HP Play and have it que up my video files and transfer them and then see where HP Play places the archives and see if I can then update in that location manually.

    Has anyone found where to place Video files on the USB drive? Sorli...
  5. #5  
    converted some avi tv shows to mp4 and made my own movie folder and placed them in there. All is working well with me. Videos are playing perfectly.

    they should show up in your pic/vid app in the folder you put them in.
    Sprint Love
  6. #6  
    Not sure what kind of details you want... I've got several movies ripped from DVD on the TouchPad right now. They play perfectly and you can switch between standard and widescreen easily.
  7. #7  
    I imagine there is a drm? It probably wont play on the touchpad. Wait and see if there is people tested it.

    If it plays in itunes. Then the video codec itself is probably h.264, which touchpad should be able to handle.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    converted some avi tv shows to mp4 and made my own movie folder and placed them in there. All is working well with me. Videos are playing perfectly.

    they should show up in your pic/vid app in the folder you put them in.
    Interesting, when I did that (create one folder each for music and videos), the TouchPad didn't see anything. But when I simply added these same files to the root of the TouchPad, they showed up fine.

    My problem now is that the movies I had ripped to play on our iPad 2 are playing with tons of errors (wild colors and pixelated). Maybe the bitrate is too high?

    I'll try to reencode again tomorrow using Handbrake but with different settings.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    If you read online its meant for itunes and windows media player....so will it play on the touchpad? or will the format need to be converted? if so, what converter do you recommend?
    I'm sure there is a dmr/converter you can find. I have a bunch of those movies that came with bluray packs but never use em lol
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I convert all my DVD to MP4 files simply to make using them easier. The problem I'm having, is getting the Touchpad to recognize where I place them. I may have to use HP Play and have it que up my video files and transfer them and then see where HP Play places the archives and see if I can then update in that location manually.

    Has anyone found where to place Video files on the USB drive? Sorli...
    The video app should be able to recognize your video files anywhere on the usb driver as long as the files are supported.
  11. #11  
    It could be some weird conversion, I had a bad one with handbrake but it worked with another program.
    Sprint Love
  12. #12  
    I've ripped a few dvds to mine in mp4 format. Works fine and looks awesome.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  13. #13  
    So how do you guys rip DVDs? Sorry 'bout the noob Q.
    Do you use nero? How do you choose Mp4?
    And once on USB to PC, where do you put them?
    Please elaborate.
    The_Noah likes this.
  14. #14  
    I used handbrake for a bluray to mp4, converts fine but the photos and videos app doesn't see it at all. I used Internalz and I can play it fine, it looks and sounds great. I still can't get the Photos and Videos app to see it. Not sure why... : /.
  15. #15  
    I use DVDShrink to rip the movie and strip the DRM, and then Handbrake to convert the file to mp4 and set the file size. If you have Nero, you can use that too.
  16. #16  
    For removing the DRM copy protection from DVDs and BDs, I recommend AnyDVD. It removes DRM automatically and without user intervention (just watch the program's systray icon to notify you when the removal is complete.

    From there, Handbrake (or your favorite encoding program) will see the disk's contents as clear of DRM and proceed with the encode job.

    I also used to use DVDShrink but it stopped being updated and newer movies weren't being ripped. Also, it took way more steps than just using AnyDVD.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I imagine there is a drm? It probably wont play on the touchpad. Wait and see if there is people tested it.

    If it plays in itunes. Then the video codec itself is probably h.264, which touchpad should be able to handle.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I'm sure there is a dmr/converter you can find. I have a bunch of those movies that came with bluray packs but never use em lol
    well, at least 2 people were able to read my (previously edited) thread title and the first post and understand what I was talking about

    to the others: this wasnt about RIPPING dvd's. This was about USING the DIGITAL COPY 16-digit code that comes with most blurays: Amazon.com: Digital Copy

    since I suspect they are DRM'd and are meant for use with itunes and windows media player.....do they play on touchpad?
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    For removing the DRM copy protection from DVDs and BDs, I recommend AnyDVD. It removes DRM automatically and without user intervention (just watch the program's systray icon to notify you when the removal is complete.

    From there, Handbrake (or your favorite encoding program) will see the disk's contents as clear of DRM and proceed with the encode job.

    I also used to use DVDShrink but it stopped being updated and newer movies weren't being ripped. Also, it took way more steps than just using AnyDVD.
    You mean AnyDVD HD I have a lifetime membership to it and it's wonderful!
  19. Jane66's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #19  
    Check this topic, might do some help: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...654-video.html

Posting Permissions