webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Amazon Prime instant videos work
Amazon Prime instant videos work
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By bdhu2001
  • 1 Post By mosdl
  • 1 Post By geekpeter

Old 07/02/2011, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

I just thought I'd make sure everyone realized that they can log into their Amazon account and watch instant videos w/o an app. I'm a Prime member and there are plenty of free ones to chose from. I'm watching MI5 season 1.
Old 07/02/2011, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

There are rumors Netflix might offer a flash version (since Silverlight never caught on)...
Old 07/02/2011, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
There are rumors Netflix might offer a flash version (since Silverlight never caught on)...
I hope so. That would be sweet. But in the meantime, I finally have a reason besides fast shipping to use my Prime membership.
Old 07/03/2011, 02:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

When I fullscreen an amazon instant video the progress bar and rest of the bottom menu stay near the middle of the video (as if its still tiny on the top left of the screen) while the video still plays fullscreen. Anyone else have this problem too?
Old 07/03/2011, 03:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

*update*: never mind. For some reason, it doesn't show that bar anymore... I'm currently testing out the Sarah Connor Chronicles in HD. It looks FANTASTIC.

*second update*: the menu bar shows up on regular videos. HD videos show perfectly fine... Weird.

Last edited by SirataXero; 07/03/2011 at 03:23 AM.
SirataXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2011, 05:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
*update*: never mind. For some reason, it doesn't show that bar anymore... I'm currently testing out the Sarah Connor Chronicles in HD. It looks FANTASTIC.

*second update*: the menu bar shows up on regular videos. HD videos show perfectly fine... Weird.
I'm glad that you kept testing so that we know it's the HDs that work fine. I hadn't caught the difference.
Old 07/03/2011, 06:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

haha thanks. I felt bad spamming the thread but I felt like an ***** having one video with the bar looking weird and another one not. Hopefully they'll get that fixed, I saw it somewhere else too but cant remember where anymore.
Old 07/04/2011, 01:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

ok workaround on the SD videos full screen... is to press the pop-out option. that way is as fullscreen as you can get.

and yes, HD videos you can just easily fullscreen.
bulls96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: bdhu2001
Old 07/04/2011, 09:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
ok workaround on the SD videos full screen... is to press the pop-out option. that way is as fullscreen as you can get.

and yes, HD videos you can just easily fullscreen.
Thank you for that. I'll press full screen from that start from now on.
Old 07/04/2011, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

dang. I guess Amazon Prime instant videos only works if you have a paying prime account instead of a student prime account. Oh well.
runukraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2011, 02:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

In my experience with amazon prime videos on my touchpad is that if I pause the video and then resume it, the image gets stuck. The audio continues when I press play but the video stays stuck either for a while or indefinitely.
coolguyslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2011, 02:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguyslim View Post
In my experience with amazon prime videos on my touchpad is that if I pause the video and then resume it, the image gets stuck. The audio continues when I press play but the video stays stuck either for a while or indefinitely.
I have the same issue.
southflguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2012, 11:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southflguy View Post
I have the same issue.
I am just trying this Amazon Prime thing on the touchpad and can't get it to work. It shows it connecting with the green dots ticking across the screen then it will black out and say that it can't play.

Are people still able to get it to work on theirs?
omahawildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2012, 06:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm able to get it to work using PlayOn - not through the browser.
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 09:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
I just thought I'd make sure everyone realized that they can log into their Amazon account and watch instant videos w/o an app. I'm a Prime member and there are plenty of free ones to chose from. I'm watching MI5 season 1.
Not anymore they don't - DRM or some such. No chance the TP will be updated. So now one more thing I can't do on the TP.
Alberto Negron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 01:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto Negron View Post
Not anymore they don't - DRM or some such. No chance the TP will be updated. So now one more thing I can't do on the TP.
to be fair, no device or os stays "current" without updates, the touchpad isnt doing half bad considering its age with no major updates from HP, theres still plenty it can do.

you can use the same argument for the ipad(s), they cant run ubuntu, to me thats 1 more thing the ipad still cant do, i can probably a something similar argument on 1 of all of my android tablets as well (maybe flash etc?).

if there was a device that did everything we all wanted, wed all have it, as it happens every tablet/os out there cant do some or many of the things we want, its a case of if you really NEED it or not.

i mostly use my ipad3/android tablets for tv/netflix and the odd rubbish game, do i NEED them, no, their handy optionals, and yeah i sorely wish my webOS/touchpad could run those 2, weirdly enough tho the pre3 runs the mobile version of tvcatchup via the palm media player amazingly well, yet the touchpad cant do it, always thought that weird them being that different being the "best" phone/tablet webOS has to offer.
Old 01/02/2013, 03:05 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto Negron View Post
I'd be surprised if any device could do it without an app now (I don't have another device to test) since even Adobe stopped developing Flash and is moving to HTML5 development. Since this thread was about viewing using mobile Flash and it's been discontinued for all devices - it will most likely stop working for all at some point if it hasn't already - unless Amazon starts streaming in a different way.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 03:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

They took the ability to view amazon movies thru the browser away from all tablets except Kindle Fires.

Then very recently (Nov 12?), Amazon released an amazon video app for the iPad. They did not release one for Android tablets.u
Interestingly, I installed CM9 a week ago and was able to view the videos from the browser after I fiddled with them a bit (I think I downloaded some flash video app). I have the touchpad registered on my amazon account and I downloaded the amazon browser and flashplayer apps from the amazon app store but am not sure if that made a difference or not.
I have a first gen kindle fire that I picked up cheap. Even via the browser, the touchpad blows it away because the speaker quality is so much better.
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 05:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

I've been viewing the amazon videos through CM9, but just tried on my webOS and it works great. Much nicer than through CM9.

hang in there webos
revtskillings is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0