Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Garrett92C
  • 1 Post By Garrett92C
  1.    #1  
    I found another hidden feature. I edited the code to make it display in the app, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm assuming that Palm will finish it and include it in a future OTA update.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 07/02/2011 at 08:04 PM.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    nice find...
    thats goin to be helpful in the future

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Strange - this selection is not available on my TPad
    Can you explain what do you mean? You start by mentioning that you found this hidden feature but by the end of the post, you say "glad to get a glimpse of what's to come through"?

Which is which? And FTR, I also don't see this on my TouchPad.
    BTW, if this is one of your tweaks /patches -good grief man, don't you sleep? :-) ;-)
    Please tell... I would like to see how good/bad it worked and what I could do personally to improve upon it.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Can you explain what do you mean? You start by mentioning that you found this hidden feature but by the end of the post, you say "glad to get a glimpse of what's to come through"?

Which is which? And FTR, I also don't see this on my TouchPad.
    I found this feature in the code. It was hidden, so I modified the code so it would display in the app. After playing around with it, it doesn't seem to be complete yet. So, I'm assuming that Palm will have this feature fully implemented in the near future.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Please tell... I would like to see how good/bad it worked and what I could do personally to improve upon it.
    If you want to play around with it, you can find the commented-out code in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Preferences.jsjsjs $at$ $line$ $46$

I've tried it out a bit and it didn't seem to do anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If you want to play around with it, you can find the commented-out code in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Preferences.jsjsjs $at$ $line$ $46$

I've tried it out a bit and it didn't seem to do anything...
    Grazi

DAMN, I wasn't thinking and put a password on my DevMode and novaterm will not let me in.
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/02/2011 at 08:19 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I found this feature in the code. It was hidden, so I modified the code so it would display in the app. After playing around with it, it doesn't seem to be complete yet. So, I'm assuming that Palm will have this feature fully implemented in the near future.
    ohhhhhh.... would have been nice if that lil bit of trivia was in the first post LOL
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    ohhhhhh.... would have been nice if that lil bit of trivia was in the first post LOL
    I guess I should've been more clear... lol.
  13.    #13  
    Grazi

DAMN, I wasn't thinking and put a password on my DevMode and novaterm will not let me in.
    Oh wow. I wonder how you get around that...
    EDIT: sorry to bog down your thread with my issue. I'm gonna make a thread.

"WOSQI came to my rescue on the DevMode password issue"
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/02/2011 at 09:00 PM.

lol great find garrett !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Grazi

Try doctoring.

And thanks Garret for the find! Looks like HP is going to have a nice update here hopefully soon full of awesome sauce.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Try doctoring.

And thanks Garret for the find! Looks like HP is going to have a nice update here hopefully soon full of awesome sauce.
    Linux doesn't need doctoring if you know what you are doing. I fixed it. & tested his modification... Works but he is right, it is not perfect at this point.

@Garrett92C I noticed that the browser keeps the user/pass in memory as it allows you to close the windows and then reopen a new one and get back into your logged in session. I assume there is somewhere a database needs to beenabled to make it store them for future calling up.
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/02/2011 at 09:28 PM.

18.    #18  
    Linux doesn't need doctoring if you know what you are doing. I fixed it. & tested his modification... Works but he is right, it is not perfect at this point.
    Yea, same with the Browser's 'Find on Page' feature. Feels likes it's almost close to being complete. Kinda wish they were both ready for launch day.
    brum likes this.
    Another nice find, but what I am taking away from this is that there are a lot of almost done great features for webos 3.0 that I really look forward to seeing in 3.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    I got confused too, but after I posted, I realized who the OP was (our resident tweaker/tinkerer), so it was all good. :-)