Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Has anyone else noticed light leakage (a yellow color) emitting from the side of the tablet when booting up? I turned mine on for the first time (32GB Model) and noticed a yellow fuzz color on the side.
    Pic?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Not at the moment. Just had enough time to boot it up and notice a yellow area on the screen while turning on.
    I noticed that on mine too. Doesn't seem to affect the coloration or anything during actual use though.
    Those are the Ghostbuster children coming to take over your city.
    Really helps if there's pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Like I said, can't currently take pictures as the device is not with me. Had enough time to stop home and boot it up before leaving again. Regardless, I have already ordered a replacement through Amazon. I'll have pictures up later tonight for future reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by linkblc View Post
    Like I said, can't currently take pictures as the device is not with me. Had enough time to stop home and boot it up before leaving again. Regardless, I have already ordered a replacement through Amazon. I'll have pictures up later tonight for future reference.
    Ipad 2 had a little leak and everyone go crazy but my Touchpad had light leaking all around and people just "if it brother you that much then contact HP..."
    Quote Originally Posted by linkblc View Post
    Has anyone else noticed light leakage (a yellow color) emitting from the side of the tablet when booting up? I turned mine on for the first time (32GB Model) and noticed a yellow fuzz color on the side.
    I have light leak on the bottom and left side (I think it is left). It is not yellow though. It goes away once the TP starts up totally and I do not see it at other times when the screen is all black (like dark parts of a movie, etc), so I dont really care that it exists during boot up. Unless you are seeing lighting variation while using your device I would not chance an HP warranty repair.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris5949 View Post
    Ipad 2 had a little leak and everyone go crazy but my Touchpad had light leaking all around and people just "if it brother you that much then contact HP..."
    How exactly did you order a replacement through Amazon, they have not had any Touchpads in months. A Fulfillment by Amazon TP maybe? Had no idea Amazon could do that, in the past they told me they couldn't because they werent the ones actually selling the item.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    How exactly did you order a replacement through Amazon, they have not had any Touchpads in months. A Fulfillment by Amazon TP maybe? Had no idea Amazon could do that, in the past they told me they couldn't because they werent the ones actually selling the item.
    That post was 7/2/11. Pre firesale full price, full stock everywhere....