Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Ok, here's what I managed to find so far:

I can display the 'FindOnPage' bar by uncommenting some code in the App Menu. I can enter text (even though it's hidden under the keyboard). When I press 'Enter', the first instance of the word is found and highlighted. 'Prev' and 'Next' buttons don't do anything.

Relevant files are in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/
    - Browser.jsjsjs
    - BrowserApp.jsjsjs
    - FindBar.jsjsjs

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 07/03/2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Reduced image size. Full size was kinda annoying... lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    dcbo89 and LordSecksie like this.
  2.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    sweet!!! so is this going to be a patch that we can d/l soon?
    It's kinda buggy right now.

- The area where you enter text is hidden under the keyboard.
    - It only finds the first instance of your search text.
    - When the FindBar is closed, the area it occupied remains blank. Only way to fix is to close the card.

I can make a patch to unhide this feature from the Appmenu if you want...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    This is a feature I'd use a lot on a larger device like a touchpad, I hope you can get rid of the last one in particular. But very nice find.
  4.    #6  
    so is this a hidden/half-finished feature that you found in the code?
    Yea, pretty much... lol
    If it is there, Garrett will find it.
    this makes me both happy and sad. happy that one day we will finally see this important feature implemented. sad that it's taking forever, that one person who's not even employed by HPalm is the one taking the initiative to get this working so that we can all use it.
    this makes me both happy and sad. happy that one day we will finally see this important feature implemented. sad that it's taking forever, that one person who's not even employed by HPalm is the one taking the initiative to get this working so that we can all use it.
    There is an update cpming on 25th, supposedly. If these settings are there in preliminary form, they may get fixed in the update.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    obviously someone at hp is working on it. Thats why the code is hidden. They are working on it, but it isnt finished yet. Leck, it may even be finished, just wasnt done in time for initial release.
    ... that one person who's not even employed by HPalm is the one taking the initiative to get this working so that we can all use it.
    We've seen that sort of complaint in the past with patches like this. The problem, though, is that HP has to ensure that these things work before they're implemented, and that they don't interfere with anything else. The folks doing Homebrew aren't under those constraints.

Also, don't forget that the "found code" didn't write itself. One of the developers wrote it.
    lancepr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    We've seen that sort of complaint in the past with patches like this. The problem, though, is that HP has to ensure that these things work before they're implemented, and that they don't interfere with anything else. The folks doing Homebrew aren't under those constraints.

Also, don't forget that the "found code" didn't write itself. One of the developers wrote it.
    And why are those things not implemented on $600 device?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    And why are those things not implemented on $600 device?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    they re-wrote the whole thing for enyo, including the email app, messaging, everything including the browser and all the apps. That's probably why calculator missing (not done yet). And this the first release. Remember webos 1.0x. So bug fixes will be coming in form of OTA updates. Webosroundup says it could be in a 1-2 weeks.
    No one has said that HP isn't taking any initiative to get it working...

The fact that the code is even there should say enough about that...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    hrminer92 likes this.
    The most sought after feature on my webOS device since I got it.

I'm also one of those heavy user of inline page search on desktop browsers. It would save me lots of time and frustration having it implemented on the Pre's, so if you crack this one I'll be donating for sure!

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The fact that the code is even there should say enough about that...
    A question: where the technical difficulty is that prevented this from peroperly inplemented as of now?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    they re-wrote the whole thing for enyo, including the email app, messaging, everything including the browser and all the apps. That's probably why calculator missing (not done yet). And this the first release. Remember webos 1.0x. So bug fixes will be coming in form of OTA updates. Webosroundup says it could be in a 1-2 weeks.
    Calculator could be missing for the same exact reason it is missing on the iPad: that would be one freaking huge calculator.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Calculator could be missing for the same exact reason it is missing on the iPad: that would be one freaking huge calculator.
    Not necessarily, make it a scitific calculator, it would be beautiful. Check out realcalc for android.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Not necessarily, make it a scientific calculator, it would be beautiful. Check out realcalc for android.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Oh, HP is the king of calculators. I fully expect them to release it with the HP-10C skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    A question: where the technical difficulty is that prevented this from peroperly inplemented as of now?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I doubt that it's a "technical difficulty", but more of a time issue. The feature wasn't finished yet.

Virtually every (viable) OS has features that haven't been added yet. Thats why they invented the word "updates".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast