1.    #1  
    hello got my touchpad but cant get the built in yahoo or google to send txt msg to cell phones.

does anyone know the easiest way to send text msg from touchpad to cell phones until the Pre 3 comes out

thanks
    brian
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I used the email app to send a text. Depends on the carrier, but for example, to text someone on att: number+txt.att.net in the "TO:" field.
  3.    #3  
    I wonder why nobody has wrote an webos app that will send a text msg through yahoo or google talk. On my computer I am able to send a text via yahoo. It would be nice to have a fully functioning yahoo or google talk app.
    proud owner of palm pre since day one
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by bingles View Post
    hello got my touchpad but cant get the built in yahoo or google to send txt msg to cell phones.

does anyone know the easiest way to send text msg from touchpad to cell phones until the Pre 3 comes out

Google and yahoo services in the messaging app are IM services, not SMS. That's why you can't send texts to cells.

I used google voice in the browser. No notifications, but meh. Works.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Google and yahoo services in the messaging app are IM services, not SMS. That's why you can't send texts to cells.

I used google voice in the browser. No notifications, but meh. Works.
    I do the same...it would be awesome if google voice could be used through the messaging app.
    have android device and was wondering if sms worked for it through the touchpads bluetooth or if i would be better off get pre with the touchpad
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    if you want calls and sms, the only phone that will do that is the pre 3. Later on the veer and pre2 will also, but noone knows how long the update will take to come along...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!