1.    #1  
    Ok so i have TP and a Pre-. Whenever i synced my TP with my palm profile it downlaoded all my apps. My question is what about apps that were updated for the TP? can i delete the old app and still have it on my Pre-?

For instance, translator vs translator HD. (I assume this goes for other programs too). Now i have 2 versions on my TP. if i delete the translator app will it delete off my pre- too? (if i restore the device?) what about the HD, do those show up on the pre- if i restore?
    Quote Originally Posted by notme23 View Post
    Ok so i have TP and a Pre-. Whenever i synced my TP with my palm profile it downlaoded all my apps. My question is what about apps that were updated for the TP? can i delete the old app and still have it on my Pre-?

For instance, translator vs translator HD. (I assume this goes for other programs too). Now i have 2 versions on my TP. if i delete the translator app will it delete off my pre- too? (if i restore the device?) what about the HD, do those show up on the pre- if i restore?
    If you delete an app off your TouchPad, it remains on your Pre.

Basically, any time you Doctor the device (or get a new one), every app you've purchased from the App Catalog that runs on that device, will download to that device. There's nothing that indicates to the App Catalog that you've deleted an app from your device.

I can't say this will never change, but it's the way it is right now.

Personally, I'm hoping that some day part of the initialization/profile process will be to put a shortcut icon for every app, let you delete the ones you don't want on that device, then click a button that begins the download of all remaining apps.

No matter how they do it, as time goes on I'm sure they're going to come up with something that controls the avalance of apps to a newly activated device. Probably not their top priority right now though.
    My big problem relates to the my Pre- 2.1 profile not contributing all of it apps to my TP 3.0. So far, I'm missing both Splashtop and Asphalt5 that dont work on 3.0. Ive emailed Splashtop to see why it wont work on 3.0, but nothing yet. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    My big problem relates to the my Pre- 2.1 profile not contributing all of it apps to my TP 3.0. So far, I'm missing both Splashtop and Asphalt5 that dont work on 3.0. Ive emailed Splashtop to see why it wont work on 3.0, but nothing yet. Sorli...
    If the app wasn't approved by HP for the TouchPad, it won't show up in the App Catalog when you access it from the TouchPad.