Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I know it is early but, I was wondering where I might see some sales numbers with the Touchpad officially for sale? Is something like this just a wait and see where it gets posted first? Love webOS and I want to know how many people love webOS on a tablet or are curious enough to take the plunge.
    Advertising push will probably start mid-July once the tablets start hitting Staples and some of the major outfits. Also not to HP's benefit right now to advertise until they get some of the bugs out.
    So I would say mostly reviewers, techies, Palm fans will check out the device now.
    Hopefully HP can do a reboot with the reviewers --I would say HP has everyone's attention for a few weeks , a short window of opportunity to have some minds changed if warranted by improved performance and features.
    Do HP officially release sales figures? I haven't seen any for the Veer, although maybe I missed them/or I'm just not looking in the right places.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    Do HP officially release sales figures? I haven't seen any for the Veer, although maybe I missed them/or I'm just not looking in the right places.
    I think every company releases numbers when they are good.
    hopefully reporters will pester them till they reveal them. And hopefully it's actual sales to customers not shipped to stores numbers. I think if you don't see numbers at least at the next earnings call when they have to justify the business to the big investors then it's a bad sign as they'd brag about the m if they were good. Especially in the wake of the last earnings call and numbers where HP had worse then expected earnings and lowered it's guidance for this current quarter. So if it sells well they'll want to highlight that positive as evidence of a change and a bright future.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    I read preorder number is 'underwhelming'. No sales tho.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    according to the front page, QVC sold 200 in an hour...
    I bet the numbers will be pretty good, but not amazing. However, the number of retailers selling it will guarantee fairly substantial sales all by itself. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them selling something like 1 million per quarter, especially if they get a fix out pretty soon and score some big corporate customers.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I read preorder number is 'underwhelming'. No sales tho.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I've read that both preorder numbers and actual sales were remarkably higher than expected.

No actual numbers though.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Ha, yes, thats the one i read yesterday. Thanks for tracking in down.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Considering how many shipments didnt arrive at stores yesterday, I wonder about the accuracy of reports about strong sales. Thats not considering the few number of units per store location.

I imagine it will take a few weeks to really know how well the tpad has sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    according to the front page, QVC sold 200 in an hour...
    a comment on that story said 5 minutes, not an hour. I'm not sure where they got that amount from.
    Due to very little prelaunch promotion via advertising through the media outlets (TV, radio and print) I expect the release numbers to be underwhelming. Look at Apple, they blitzed everything heavily for the release of the ipad and continued thoughout the 2010 and on, why HP is not promoting the realease of new products has me a little dumbfounded. The only people for the most part purchasing TouchPads are the diehard webOS faithful which is a very small % of the population. Maybe HP is waiting to work out all of the bugs first before hitting the advertising hard or they just want to concentrate on the enterprise sector.
    Compared to tablets that aren't the iPad, I actually expect the TouchPad did well. But compared to the iPad, nothing looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    There's a definitive article to cite. 2 whole retailers!

We've all seen the discussions on BestBuy's preparedness for preorders and Tiger Direct isn't even listed by HP as an authorized preorder partner.
    It's not a definitive article, but it's an article from a reputable source. Something like Global Equities Research looking into sales numbers is better than people postulating, don't you agree?
    Hobbz likes this.
    Is there anyway to see how many apps were downloaded in the app catalog? I think there was a preware patch or something for the phones at least. Since it's early maybe app downloads can give a good estimate, at least over the next two weeks since many won't receive theirs until next week, and the QVC folx until the week of 7/15. There can't be many who have totally bricked or wiped out their touchpad to reload everything.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    In this case no I don't agree. If 2 retailers are the depth of their research, I feel the effort is "underwhelming".

Don't get me wrong, I believe prorder numbers were abysmal due to the lack of effort/communication between HP and/or their partners, but the actual research into the numbers seem about as vague as any "postulating" going on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    In this case no I don't agree. If 2 retailers are the depth of their research, I feel the effort is "underwhelming".

Don't get me wrong, I believe prorder numbers were abysmal due to the lack of effort/communication between HP and/or their partners, but the actual research into the numbers seem about as vague as any "postulating" going on here.
    Exactly. That number is accepted by those that want to disparage the device and company.

It's the same old song and dance from a few disgurntled users.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast