1.    #1  
    Hello,

Thinking about buying a touchpad, but I use MobileMe on my Mac and iPad to stay in sync. I was just watching a review and it showed MobileMe on the accounts to add list. Will this only allow me to check mail or will it sync my cal and contacts via synergy?

Anyone have any experience? Thanks!
    I would greatly appreciate if webOS 3 would get MobileMe/iCloud Calendar synching.
  3. macdavepro
    Just went to the Accounts app and added my .mac info. It allows email and document sync only.
    So this is iDisk (which will soon be gone) and (already available) MobileMe IMAP-Support. Lame!
  5. macdavepro
    It's a service designed specifically for iDevices. You're not honestly surprised, are you?
  6.    #6  
    Not surprised at all, but was just hoping. Too bad... Thanks for checking!
    does mobile.you sync with gmail? Then I could sync to that?
  8.    #8  
    I believe just the contacts, but not iCal...
    apple says mobileme uses caldav for calendar and carddav for contacts. Those are pretty much industry standards. Nothing iDevice specific here.
    I was watching MobileTechReview's review on the TouchPad and she went through the list of synergy services and one of them on the device was MobileMe. The link to the video is below as well as a picture of the device.
    (JUMP TO 17:45 IN THE VIDEO)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  11.    #11  
    That is the review I noticed it on. From above it looks like it will only do email and docs. It would be perfect if it did my cal and contacts...
  12. macdavepro
    What makes the service specific is that MM doesn't readily provide the caldav info to the end user. If you really need the services you can find ways to get the info on other devices, but it's not going to be easy, or elegant. If you're feeling adventurous make sure the account is synced with iCal and then head to the Accounts -> Server Settings pane. Here some of the basic information is provided. Additional information can be found if you right-click (control + click) on a specific calendar under the MobileMe heading (left side of window) and choose "Get Info." iCal provides you with the calDAV link, which may or may not work. Your mileage may vary, and I can tell you there is no support channel for configuring a client in this manner. Good luck!
    No dice with contacts or calendar - which is a bummer. I don't really care about the calendar as I use google for calendar, it's much better than Mobileme, but the contact sync would have been great.

I hate Google's crap low res pics.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
    No dice with contacts or calendar - which is a bummer. I don't really care about the calendar as I use google for calendar, it's much better than Mobileme, but the contact sync would have been great.

I hate Google's crap low res pics.
    You can sync your contacts from your Mac to google. It's in the preferences in the contact app on the mac. Then google will push them to your device...
    Quote Originally Posted by nospleen View Post
    You can sync your contacts from your Mac to google. It's in the preferences in the contact app on the mac. Then google will push them to your device...
    That's what I did as well - unfortunately a number of fields don't sync from the mac to google (like simple important ones like birthday or anniversary date). Apparently if you set it independently in Google that contact will then stop syncing changes. Really unfortunate....