Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #41  
    Just so you know...it would have been easier if you just asked the question in the first place...and not had me dig through old posts to figure out what you were asking

    Now to answer your simple question

    When most people think of the things they need to do...they dont think of a safari icon when they think "get a recipe"....or a google map icon when they think "get subway info"...I have a list of tasks in my head that I want to accomplish and I want all those tasks laid out for me on my desktop separate from all the other things im not using..

    I have an ipad...countless times I have double clicked home to go back to my Facebook app to find out its not there....then to find my Facebook app in the launcher and realize what I was doing was in Facebook mobile on safari all along....and I wasn't using google maps I was using Hobstop for those subway directions....oh and the recipe wasn't it my recipe app it was in a safari tab which wasn't displaying at first because i didn't have the tab icon open...was that info from my friend in an email or sms??... dig around my apps to find out...damn it was in the RSS reader...where is that now exactly

    I dont want to have to guess where my task was...its irrelivant to me which app got me where I was.....with webos it's all right in front of you...a card for each task...and I dont even know or care what app it was from as long as i can get the info....if i opened it itll be on my desktop....and when all else fails I can skip all that and "just type"

    Is that a sufficient answer?
    kjb86 likes this.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    We aren't worrying about what type of Wifi we have (a/b/g/n....) we just connect it to our router. Alot of regular consumers don't even know what Wifi b/g/n even means. They just know Wifi is the internet and thats how simple it has to be.
    Actually, I know quite a few people who still ask "what's wifi?"

    People are not at all savvy. They don't care that your phone is "3G or 4G".. they don't care if it says "dual core processor"
    They just want a device that makes them fit in with the crowd that works.
  3. #43  
    I think part of the issue with the reviews may be familiarity of reviewers. What is really great about the TouchPad is webOS on a scale that really lets it shine, but most all of the features are ones which have been available on phones for a couple years. Thus, to reviewers there is not much particularly new, or exciting, as they've seen this for a couple years now. Where things might deviate is that much of the populace has not really seen webOS and how it works, so their response may be substantially different than the reviewers.


    Gargoyle
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    still haven't answered the question though.
    Please define question better. I don't understand.

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I sure do. My desktop is hooked up to two monitors. I can also position my windows to show multiple apps at any time. Cant do that on the Touchpad or iPad. I only get to see one app at a time.
    Ahhh ..... wrong. When you stack cards, you can see a whole bunch at a time, and can also see parts of three stacks, so how many apps is that?

    In addition, for those cards out of view, its a quick swipe left and right, and your up to speed where you left off. You flash your whole life in front of your face in two swipes. No button pushing.

    But true................ on the Ipad you can only see one (except maybe the browser).
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    Just so you know...it would have been easier if you just asked the question in the first place...and not had me dig through old posts to figure out what you were asking
    asked the question twice. I think you could have scrolled up.


    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    When most people think of the things they need to do...they dont think of a safari icon when they think "get a recipe"....or a google map icon when they think "get subway info"...I have a list of tasks in my head that I want to accomplish and I want all those tasks laid out for me on my desktop separate from all the other things im not using..
    um no. They think "check facebook", "check email", "play angry birds". When they want to do this, they tap the icon for the app. Pretty simple isn't it? I actually read this a few times, and I still don't get what your saying here.


    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    I have an ipad...countless times I have double clicked home to go back to my Facebook app to find out its not there....then to find my Facebook app in the launcher and realize what I was doing was in Facebook mobile on safari all along
    Ok, this is just downright strange. When I want to use Facebook, I tap the Facebook icon. I have never accidentally launched Facebook to only find that I was never really using Facebook, but I was using the browser instead. Have to say, this one is a little weak.


    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    ....and I wasn't using google maps I was using Hobstop for those subway directions....oh and the recipe wasn't it my recipe app it was in a safari tab which wasn't displaying at first because i didn't have the tab icon open...was that info from my friend in an email or sms??... dig around my apps to find out...damn it was in the RSS reader...where is that now exactly
    Again, I dont buy it. But, my iPad with iOS 5 allows me to swipe between "open" apps. No swipe up to launch card view is necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    Is that a sufficient answer?
    No, its downright weird.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
    Ahhh ..... wrong. When you stack cards, you can see a whole bunch at a time, and can also see parts of three stacks, so how many apps is that?

    In addition, for those cards out of view, its a quick swipe left and right, and your up to speed where you left off. You flash your whole life in front of your face in two swipes. No button pushing.

    But true................ on the Ipad you can only see one (except maybe the browser).
    So If I am using email on the Touchpad and want to look at something in my contact list, I have to swipe up, swipe left or right, and hope the minimized card view for my Contacts app happens to be displaying the information I need at that time (I bet it isn't).

    Again, I like the card view system. I think it is probably the most elegant system for a mobile OS. But I think its use is probably a little exaggerated here.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Again, I like the card view system. I think it is probably the most elegant system for a mobile OS. But I think its use is probably a little exaggerated here.
    But it's perfect to have the possibility of blind swipping apps left or right on iOS5... isn't it?
    Newness Developments apps:

  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    But it's perfect to have the possibility of blind swipping apps left or right on iOS5... isn't it?
    Works great if I need to go back and forth a bunch of times between two apps. For example, If I am writing an email and referring to a excel spreadsheet I created on my device (I can do that on the iPad), I can rapidly go back and forth (far faster than card system).

    I can still use the multitask bar or just tap the icon for other needs.
  10.    #50  
    Id love to respond to you mobile man but besides telling me my reasons were weak you didn't give me much of anything specific.

    Im telling you I want all my tasks laid out on my desktop...not all my app icons...what good is that?.....my tasks are whats important to me...the things im actually doing....it makes it easy for me to flip between them when pages are loading and when I have to jump out for new info and jump back in....etc etc...i dont want to have to find Facebook by scrolling through 3 days of history in some silly app switcher....It should be right where I left it....on my desktop

    Im pretty sure you've been a member forever and understand how WebOs works....so why are you so confused about this?

    Why are you even here? If you dont seem to get why WebOs is great then why are you even on this board anymore? Shouldnt you have moved on to some other board by now?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    So If I am using email on the Touchpad and want to look at something in my contact list, I have to swipe up, swipe left or right, and hope the minimized card view for my Contacts app happens to be displaying the information I need at that time (I bet it isn't).

    Again, I like the card view system. I think it is probably the most elegant system for a mobile OS. But I think its use is probably a little exaggerated here.
    If your in an email that you might need to reference something in your contact, what you do is pull up your contact list. Ok, that may not be THAT much better than iOs, but what you do form there is......

    .... you leave it up, stack it with your email card and have them grouped going forward.

    Besides, the question is kind of app switching, but its also remembering what you were doing adn organizing your day.

    The way I do it on the Pre is pull up any websites/articles I want to read (stack them), pull up email and in each email I need to reply to hit reply but not necessarily when I have time to reply, but as a reminder. It stacks them right away. Leave my calendar up, then I have my schedule for work on a page stacked with a schedule logging program and a flight progress monitor..... all work related. Plus, what ever other apps, (say games) stacked if related. Then , as the day proceeds, I can come back to my webpages articles and I know which I've read, and which Ive discarded. When I go to my email, I already have a stack of cards for the emails I need to reply to.... I don't have to rethink or reprocess through my list. Work stuff is all still stacked right in my view. Why close things? A lot of times I leave cards up overnight even.... pick up where I left off, just like a desktop (especially email.)

    I'd summarize that switching between apps is only somewhat better than iOs, card view is only somewhat better than iOs, and stacking is unique. Each piece in and of itself is no big deal, but when used in conjunction, its a WAY better way to organize your needs/day, and much more similar to a desktop. It is a big deal to me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions