Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I love my new TP. One problem - twice so far it has rebooted on its own during use. Once while exiting the mail program and I can't remember what I was doing the other time.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    I had two browser cards open and it randomly restarted... I'm not really sure what happened.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    same happen to me 3 time, mostly in the browser. :-( will still keep device hoping ota update will fix it.
    Since the OTA update is coming very very soon, I'd wait and see if that fixes it first before making this a complete issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I have had the whole unit reboot twice in a row when viewing flash content in the browser. The first time I had a few cards open but the second time only the browser was open. I am hoping that this is something that can get fixed with an update.

I am considering exchanging my unit as besides the reboot it also seems to have a generation at the bottom of the screen near the button. Also for some strange reason the battery was dead out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by gshocker View Post
    I am considering exchanging my unit as besides the reboot it also seems to have a generation at the bottom of the screen near the button. Also for some strange reason the battery was dead out of the box.
    Probably a good idea. Dead battery sounds out of the box sounds like an issue. Mine was around 70%.
    mine rebooted twice within the first hour of using it. I was streaming a movie in the background and browsing the web at the same time. I do this on my pre - all the time without any issues. I'll give it another week and see what happens.
    I have had to reboot a couple of times (once when the system sounds stopped playing) but it hasn't rebooted itself.
    Random reboots should be posted on HP's forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Random reboots should be posted on HP's forum.
    Better to submit them to Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA where they'll get it directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    chalx likes this.
    Thanks for correct link
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    The reboots are definitely becoming a pain. Seems to reboot for me randomly if I have a couple cards open and switch from portrait to landscape suddenly. Happened about three times. Time to start filing logs.
    this is a serious problem. luckily i havent experienced it. it doesn't seem widespread, perhaps there are a few faulty devices.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Had about 12 reboots yesterday myself, not able to tie it to anything specific. But it may be related to screen rotation- since I locked it in portrait, I dont recall it happening...
    i've got a feeling that it could be due to memory leaks, therefore the luna is forcing itself to restart.
    which could cause some delays in the system etc.
    I had one luna restart when closing the browser cards after a couple of hours of trying stuff. (and my husband looking at the FB app and going ooooh, I wish the iPad's did that) I'm thinking it didn't want me to leave the p|c forums
    Been tryin to force mine to reboot with no "luck" but I was able to cause some funky behavior by opening several email composition cards...
    On the developer forums, some found out, that disabling Flash in the browser settings helps preventing these reboots.

Maybe you try that?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    They do appear to be Luna restarts rather than total restarts because it only takes the TouchPad a few seconds to come back up.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Luna for me. Unless the TouchPad is that much faster than my Pre+.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast