Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    youtube, hulu, and *ahem other flash sites have been performing beautifully for me. Now I'm confused, surely the build running on purchased devices isnt superior to the ones reviewers were using...

am I just lucky or what?
    frankly I am not having any issues at all, minus some bugs that I am sure will be fixed very soon. I love this little guy!
    It's definitely not as smooth as I would like. Hopefully it will get optimized with updates to make it play better.

I certainly didn't expect laptop quality from the TouchPad. So far it hasn't disappointed me though. The main thing is the option is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    youtube, hulu, and *ahem other flash sites have been performing beautifully for me. Now I'm confused, surely the build running on purchased devices isnt superior to the ones reviewers were using...

am I just lucky or what?
    Flash is running very well on mine.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Can you guys try playing a YouTube 1080p HD clip, full screen? Is it smooth, watchable, stuttering, or not watchable at all? Thanks!

am I just lucky or what?
    Yep. I have not had any issue watching content except for Netflix which went to Silverlight instead of flash. It works great.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by re2st View Post
    Can you guys try playing a YouTube 1080p HD clip, full screen? Is it smooth, watchable, stuttering, or not watchable at all? Thanks!
    If I am not mistaken, none of the Android tablets are able to play 1080P YouTube videos. If the TouchPad can do it, score one for the webOS!
    re2st likes this.
    I played the Transformers 3 trailer in full 1080 from Youtube. It stutters a bit in the beginning while rendering/buffering, but then its perfect all the way through. It works REALLY well, and looks REALLY good.
    I'm on my BestBuy Touchpad right now and I just watched a full 1080p video in youtube without any glitches or stutterings. This thing is amazing! Also the auto correct is much better than the Pre's.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Perfect. One more + for TouchPad.

sooby77 is right, I have Motorola Xoom, can't play YouTube 1080p smoothly. I tried the new Samsung Galaxy tab, the same. BlackBerry Playbook, however, plays it no problem, and you can hook it up to TV.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. Now I'm just gonna wait for the 3G (cause I need the GPS)..
    I might be speaking out of ignorance, but can the 1024x768 screen res of the Touchpad actually display at 1080p? I didn't think it could, so why try? The hardware can't do it, why even try?

Stick with 720....you're watching it on a < 10" screen and if you want the best sound you're sitting there with headphones on. Don't expect it to be your home entertainment center.
    Quote Originally Posted by indivisibletears View Post
    I might be speaking out of ignorance, but can the 1024x768 screen res of the Touchpad actually display at 1080p? I didn't think it could, so why try? The hardware can't do it, why even try?

Stick with 720....you're watching it on a < 10" screen and if you want the best sound you're sitting there with headphones on. Don't expect it to be your home entertainment center.
    This.^^ I've never understood this when none on the existing tablets have an HD screen?
    Flash on my Touchpad is a better experience then on my laptop and desktop (I need to get new hardware!). It runs very smooth. A lot smoother than my android tablet, also. The whole web experience is better than I expected.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

It's not whether the screen can display 1080P, it whether the TouchPad have the raw Flash processing power to do so. The fact that the TouchPad can play 1080P video is an advantage over pretty much all Android tablets. And yes, I'm fully aware that 1080P is pointless on the TouchPad because there's no HDMI out... yet.

You do know that the Touchpad has some pretty darn good speakers (with Beats Audio built in) and an IPS screen. You don't need headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I'm on my BestBuy Touchpad right now and I just watched a full 1080p video in youtube without any glitches or stutterings. This thing is amazing! Also the auto correct is much better than the Pre's.
    I mean, the flash on the TouchPad can be considered a formable alternative for Youtube videos. Its inches away from a desktop experience. Flash 'just works' on the TouchPad and the way you control it is much more natural as if it is part of the webpage and not an emulator on top of it.
    - John Wayne
  17. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

am I just lucky or what?
    Yeah, i nearly soiled myself when I saw that hulu didn't try to block the device or something. I had a bunch of apple fans sitting around me too when we checked if it would run hulu. It was a very 'whoa, can your iPad do that?' moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    You do know that the Touchpad has some pretty darn good speakers (with Beats Audio built in) and an IPS screen. You don't need headphones.
    The speakers are amazing on the TouchPad. They are very professionally done and sound that way to. They are cristal clear and precise. My only thing about them is that they aren't as loud as they could be. Its probably because they are so good that I want them louder or the fact that I was in a loud BestBuy at the time. The loudness isn't a big problem though because anywhere you would use them they would fit nicely in, like at home. The only place I can think of were it might actually affect you is in a loud subway in New York, in which case you would probably be using earphones anyway (were you get the full Beat Audio experience).
    - John Wayne
    Flash has never been perfect on PC's so it's never gonna be perfect on a tablet.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Didn't youtube switch to html5? I'm watching 1080p videos with flash disabled and autoloading off...

[edit]confirmed flash was off by going to newgrounds unless the browser ignores settings on certain sites.
    Last edited by Honis; 07/02/2011 at 11:37 AM.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast