Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    flash works really really well. Best ive seen on a tablet to date. And keep in mind the flash player is not multi threaded, so it can only use one of the touchpads cores. Once flash player 11 comes out it will use all cores and be even faster!
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    You do know that the Touchpad has some pretty darn good speakers (with Beats Audio built in) and an IPS screen. You don't need headphones.
    Yes, I am aware of that...and I've been impressed despite the dumb critics saying that the sound is poor.

My point is that the entire touchpad is a disappointment if you expect it to be something it isn't. By that I mean, wanting it to replace a laptop or a 42" LED with Blueray.

It just seems that people (tech critics) want it to be a failure so they ask it to do something it isn't designed to do and then they say its 'mediocre' or its 'no match for the ipad'.

Yes, it can do flash, but why ask it to do 1080p when the screen can't display it? Why ask it to do 7.1 surround when you have onboard speakers?
    I enjoyed myself playing Nanaca Crash and Canabalt with no issues what so ever. (If you're curious, I got 6060m in NC and 4800m in Canabalt. )
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indivisibletears View Post
    I might be speaking out of ignorance, but can the 1024x768 screen res of the Touchpad actually display at 1080p? I didn't think it could, so why try? The hardware can't do it, why even try?

Stick with 720....you're watching it on a < 10" screen and if you want the best sound you're sitting there with headphones on. Don't expect it to be your home entertainment center.
    (1) If there was a video out, then there is a reason why you want your tablet to be able to decode 1080p videos.
    (2) Source of material. If you torrent a movie or a tv show and it's in 1080p --- then you have to spend hours re-encoding that torrent file down to 720p file.
    sooby77 likes this.
    Flash is playing great. Watching some Twit podcasts on youtube and it plays great fullscreen. Now cant wait for the palmcast and watch them on the touchpad.
    sooby77 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Now cant wait for the palmcast and watch them on the touchpad.
    Hisotry in the making
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  7.    #27  
    As far as sound is concerned, I havent heard anything like t on a mobile device. Comments like its 'just ok' are silly. And this is with standard headphones or the stock speakers. I'm sure it would be even better with premium headphones
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    It works a lot better on the Touchpad than my sisters iPad 2, oh wait...

In all seriousness finally got to play with a tablet my friend bought and that QVC deal has my wallet feeling warm.
    Has anyone tried Rhapsody? I can login but it crashes when I try to play music.
    it makes no sense playing 1080p on a device who's screen resolution doesnt support. I would just stick with 720p. I mean you will not see a difference between them.
    I showed my dad 1080p flash videos running in the browser and he has a netbook that has a 1.2 ghz dual core in it and it runs SLOWER then my tablet, and cant even play 1080p videos!!! People say flash starts off choppy, I've never gotten this 1080 videos smooth as silk in fullscreen. I do have a 12 mbps download though, I think if you had a slower connection you'd have to pause and wait for the video to load. The only problem I have is that I cant turn auto loading off, which is annoying cause i don't want flash ads to load or even normal flash objects to load until I tell it to, but its not really a big issue because flash is fast enough I don't think I'd notice any speed issues..

-Toaster
    flash works perfect for me too, i've been watching youtube videos at 720p with no issues.

the initial buffering stutters a bit (it even does on my quad core desktop) but after a few seconds it clears up.

I really have no idea why so many reviews say the flash is "just like other flash players on mobile devices" because its not.. it runs 100 times better!

also using it to watch megavideos, watch.ctv.ca, and video.citytv.com, all work perfectly!!!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Has anyone tried Rhapsody? I can login but it crashes when I try to play music.
    Anyone have any luck with Rhapsody yet....it is one of the items on the would really like to have to pull the trigger.

Thanks
    I think all these reviewers who said Flash sucks must have reviewed the device within the first hour of set up. It will be laggy when synergy is happening and getting your device up to date. Flash has played great. It has become my 2nd monitor. I run full size youtube, video podcasts, movies from crackle, google music, grooveshark and they all perform just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by re2st View Post
    Can you guys try playing a YouTube 1080p HD clip, full screen? Is it smooth, watchable, stuttering, or not watchable at all? Thanks!
    At 1080P I find some youtube to stutter or hiccup. I don't think this is Flash though but rather my internet speed trying to catch up to send that much data as a stream. 720P has never been an issue, even on slower internet.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Flash works very well for the most part. It occasionally causes a slow down but overall works great.
    WebOS Devices: Palm Pre-, HP Touchpad
    Android: HTC G1, HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    (1) If there was a video out, then there is a reason why you want your tablet to be able to decode 1080p videos.
    (2) Source of material. If you torrent a movie or a tv show and it's in 1080p --- then you have to spend hours re-encoding that torrent file down to 720p file.
    If you torrent a 1080P movie or tv show, better make sure you have 30GB of space for one file.
    Just like everyone else in this thread, I am really impressed how well flash works on my TouchPad. Before I received my TouchPad I was concerned about how flash and the overall performance of the TouchPad would be after reading the negative reviews of the major tech sites but after using my TouchPad now for 2 weeks I am baffled, either they all received defective units or they had already a formed opinion before using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    I showed my dad 1080p flash videos running in the browser and he has a netbook that has a 1.2 ghz dual core in it and it runs SLOWER then my tablet, and cant even play 1080p videos!!! People say flash starts off choppy, I've never gotten this 1080 videos smooth as silk in fullscreen. I do have a 12 mbps download though, I think if you had a slower connection you'd have to pause and wait for the video to load. The only problem I have is that I cant turn auto loading off, which is annoying cause i don't want flash ads to load or even normal flash objects to load until I tell it to, but its not really a big issue because flash is fast enough I don't think I'd notice any speed issues..

-Toaster
    Do you mean that with the autoload setting switched to 'off' in the preferences menu, flash autoloading still occurs?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    ustream.tv ran awesome (ace broadcasting) even in the background with other apps running. Have yet to have any browser issues!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast