Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ASASEABAN
  1.    #1  
    So, ive already put a few videos on my TouchPad. They look pretty awesome, no problem there but the stock photo/video app just isnt cutting it.

First off, it doesnt even show the titles of anything, pics nor vids. Theres no options to do anything either, but at least it plays I guess.

Does anyone know if theres an easy way to show the title of the item youre looking at or maybe someone will be writing a new video player app?

The later would be the better option, at least I would think.
    Sprint Love
    yeah I agree the video player app is bad. The only workaround I found with distinguishing videos is to create separate albums for each video. I really hope HP will rollout an update for their video app because at the moment it simply isnt cutting it.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    well, there is an update coming soon, maybe something in there will help.

anybody know a fix list in the update?
    I believe it will be in the 1st OTA update. Let's wait and see.
    Okay, they never improved the photo and video apps on previous versions of webOS, what makes you think they will improve these? (Not hating, just being realistic)
    Remember there was no video app when the Pre was released but later an OTA brought us a video app and editing capability?

It's just a matter of time before the OTA hit and bring some relieve :-)
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Rennat likes this.
    There was no video app when the Pre was released? Oh the fun I missed not being able to upgrade until September 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    There was no video app when the Pre was released? Oh the fun I missed not being able to upgrade until September 2009.
    I think there was a basic video player and it had a built-in demo video or two. I believe it was nearly similar to what the launch TP has, based on the streaming video app.
    There was a videos app when the Palm Pre came out on launch day. It was used to play the Pre video that came stock on the device right after you finished the initial device setup and to play YouTube videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    So, ive already put a few videos on my TouchPad. They look pretty awesome, no problem there but the stock photo/video app just isnt cutting it.

First off, it doesnt even show the titles of anything, pics nor vids. Theres no options to do anything either, but at least it plays I guess.

Does anyone know if theres an easy way to show the title of the item youre looking at or maybe someone will be writing a new video player app?

The later would be the better option, at least I would think.
    Yes it is missing video titles, video icon pics, and has very limited management functions. Would love an enhancement and better options, but then as usual we'll just have to wait.

Either way, thankfully with P|C forum help, I finally know how to transfer files and make them work...not perfect, but it works and the help was appreciated!

Also, my wife has a Nook Color and does Android provide video players for mp4, m4v, mkv, etc video files? I'm just curious what other platforms are using? Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Remember there was no video app when the Pre was released but later an OTA brought us a video app and editing capability?

It's just a matter of time before the OTA hit and bring some relieve :-)
    you mean video recording?

Video player was there all along.
    Kalemsoft is testing a new version of their player for the TP. If you are interested in helping them test contact them at the link below
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/support/mod...ule=HelpCenter
    Last edited by FesterTreo; 07/06/2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Posted link for best testing
    Hopefully we'll get a good app from elsewhere soon Stock app is just cack-ola !!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    It wont even let you delete a folder! Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by reast View Post
    It wont even let you delete a folder! Lol
    This has been covered in quite a few posts. I haven't tried this but someone has stated that an album can only be deleted if it has something in it..worth a try.
    Note to users who don't see their videos show up in the Photos and Videos app:

1) AVI files are not supported.
    2) I couldn't get my TouchPad to scan the USB portion of the device when I properly ejected (stopped) the TouchPad USB device from Windows (XP and 7). Only when I improperly disconnected the TouchPad did it scan for the files. (I'm not recommending this, but that's the only way I got it to find the files. TouchPad restarts didn't help my situation for some reason.)