Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

I'm putting together a series of videos to show areas where the TouchPad does a better job than the iPad 2.

here is a video showing why the TouchPad doesnt need a lot of apps to achieve some of the things that the iPad does

here is a video showing the iPad lacking the email attachment option and the ToucPad does not

here is a video showing the iPad and TouchPad email app and their differences.

here is a video showing text messagin on the Touchpad vs iPad

Another video showing why you don't need an app on the TouchPad to access any website

If you need other videos showing the TouchPad strengths compare to the iPad 2, let me know and i'll see what i can do.

P.S, i know both the TouchPad and iPad have a lot of improvements coming in the near future so let's focus on what each of them have now and not what it was or would be.
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 07/05/2011 at 08:38 PM.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
  2.    #2  
    Here is a video of the HP App Catalog vs the Apple App Store
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Thank you for doing this, keep it up, I wish this would get lots of views, I gave it as a tip to webosroundup and PC
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    you need to show how you can scroll through the ios app store for hours and not find a single app worth paying for and using lol
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    One of the first things I did when I got my TouchPad was browse to CNN in the browser. On the front page there was a story that had video. I hit the play button and the video played beautifully right there in the browser. Can the iPad do that? If not, it would make a great comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm putting together a series of videos to show areas where the TouchPad does a better job than the iPad 2.

here is a video showing why the TouchPad doesnt need a lot of apps to achieve some of the things that the iPad does

I like the approach of your videos. It felt like you were pushing it on a couple of things for no reason though. The BMW site had a "view full site" button that you could have hit and shown that on the iPad there was no flash... Then complain about the extra button press, although that is most likely a choice made by the web site designers.

Also you could have hit the nice ".com" shortcut on the keyboard to speed up the URL typing.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    With FLASH I can just go most of the websites that I need.... FOR example why do I NEED an app for DirecTV... Now I can go to the complete website and set up my account and add shows right online... I bet the same with TIVO, and all the other great apps people talk smack about... Maybe that is a good idea for TouchPad... You don't need an app for that... Just do exactly what you wanted to do the way YOU wanted to do it... Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet greggo View Post
    One of the first things I did when I got my TouchPad was browse to CNN in the browser. On the front page there was a story that had video. I hit the play button and the video played beautifully right there in the browser. Can the iPad do that? If not, it would make a great comparison.
    CNN defaults to html 5 for videos on iOS, so yes you can play videos on the iPad when on CNN.com. Same thing on sites like Engadget.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    BAM! It"s a TouchPad!
    Dude, no matter Touchpad 3 or 4, you NEED to keep that big clock! It is a nice video sig. :-)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by timepants View Post
    I like the approach of your videos. It felt like you were pushing it on a couple of things for no reason though. The BMW site had a "view full site" button that you could have hit and shown that on the iPad there was no flash... Then complain about the extra button press, although that is most likely a choice made by the web site designers.

Also you could have hit the nice ".com" shortcut on the keyboard to speed up the URL typing.
    The reason why i didn't select the "Full Site" option was because i knew it will give me the Adobe Flash error (see picture below). But i agree with you, i should have done it anyway and show the error in the video.

load successfully on the TouchPad

Thanks for the ".com" tip :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    jcm888 and i_maq like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    BAM! It"s a TouchPad!
    HP..get this guy:
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I didn't see many (any) of the "Professional" reviewers demonstrate these differences either. Most said TouchPad had flash & iPad didn't, but they didn't necessarily demonstrate when or why we currently need/use flash.

I was in an Apple store yesterday looking at MacBook Pros. Decided to watch YouTube videos to test the screen, but flash download was required. Had to get a rep to download flash. At least on notebooks & desktops, Mac can get flash, but not on iPad or iPhone.
    no flash on the phone? I can understand.. No matter how big the phone is.

no flash on tablet? That just plain arrogant and stupid of steve job. Because of that I will never buy a ipad.
    Pls show a video of the TouchPad pulling a powerpoint from box.net and opening it.
    Thanks
    how about a video of how to set email up to work with Exchange, and another for gmail?

and a comparison of facebook apps would be cool:

nice work!
    Thanks you for the video alot. Something I just can not believe is that you can't attach documents in the email app on the iPad. Another thing that I hated about my iTouch when I had one is that it brought you out of the App store when you download an app. It was so frustrating.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    yes ipad's default mail can't do attachment really a big shame for no#1 iOS. I just noticed that recently after I want to send some pics about angry birds birthday cake to my friend using my iPad.

Maybe at Cydia there is add-on for this feature, which I haven't know, but ... iPad 2 still can't be jailbroken yet, right? so no chance for iPad 2 users to use Cydia

Kuddos for Touchpad that already have such essential feature build-in.
    Maybe Steve Job never do attach files on his iPad right? that's why iOS miss that till now. I wonder if iOS5 already fix this. If not... then it's time for WebOS to shine!
  19.    #19  
    Here is a video of editing google docs using the TouchPad and the iPad 2
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 07/02/2011 at 01:49 PM.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    ... Another thing that I hated about my iTouch when I had one is that it brought you out of the App store when you download an app. It was so frustrating.
    Here is the video for that
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 07/02/2011 at 01:50 PM.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast