Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Here ya go! U b the judge.
    Maybe not a good idea to "show that off".. also, the iPad screen look so much crisper.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Both Exchange and gmail setup on the TouchPad and iPad 2 are the same. Except if your exchange environment requires an SSL certificate to be installed, it fails on the iPad 2 but installs on the TouchPad successfully (remember TouchPad is more Enterprise friendly)
    That's not correct, I am connected to our corporate Exchange server (that requires cert) and it has worked perfectly since day 1 with my iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Maybe not a good idea to "show that off".. also, the iPad screen look so much crisper.
    I think it was pretty neat. It showed that the TouchPad can load the full featured version of Angry Birds almost as quickly as the stripped down iPad version.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I think it was pretty neat. It showed that the TouchPad can load the full featured version of Angry Birds almost as quickly as the stripped down iPad version.
    It's likely because he does not own the HD version on the iPad?
    Well, I can tell you that it loads ALOT faster than on the iPad 1. That is usually a minute long process.

I just wanted to see a comparison. A lot of reviews said the TouchPad is sluggish. If they consider loading a larger file only slightly longer than a smaller one, then I guess they are technically correct.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Keeping it real and showing it from another perspective, my "most used" apps on the iPad are:

SugarSync
    Dropbox
    DirecTV
    Sonos Controller
    indigo Home Automation
    LastPass
    GoToMeeting (Don't bring up the buggy mightymeeting)
    Logmein
    TweetDeck
    OpenTable

And... Evernote! (biggest of all)

Until the Touchpad can offer similar apps, it's a no-sale for me. And.. accessing any of the web versions of those apps doesn't even come close.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Well, I can tell you that it loads ALOT faster than on the iPad 1. That is usually a minute long process.
    If the iPad 1 is the basis of comparison, you are fooling yourself. the original iPad is over a year old. Like comparing an iPhone 4 to an original Palm Pre.. no comparison.
    Keeping it real and showing it from another perspective, my "most used" apps on the iPad are:

SugarSync
    Dropbox
    DirecTV
    Sonos Controller
    indigo Home Automation
    LastPass
    GoToMeeting (Don't bring up the buggy mightymeeting)
    Logmein
    TweetDeck
    OpenTable

And... Evernote! (biggest of all)

Until the Touchpad can offer similar apps, it's a no-sale for me. And.. accessing any of the web versions of those apps doesn't even come close.
    A lot of those apps were not available for the iPad either at launch. (some of them weren't available until close to the iPad 2 launch) The Touchpad has been out for five days. Give it time.

Get what works for you. If that's the iPadm so be it. But having good competitve products allows consumers to win. It keeps both companies on their toes.
  9.    #49  
    Pay attention to the screen. Both Angry Birds have HD at the end.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
  10.    #50  
    Apple products have always had crispier screens; iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, etc but that is also what causes the annoying glare in the sun.

The TouchPad screen is not that crisp compare to the iPad 2, but when viewing both devices in broad-day light or in the sun, the TouchPad screen is more visible/legible/readable than the iPad 2.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123