Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Pls show a video of the TouchPad pulling a powerpoint from box.net and opening it.
    Thanks
    No editing available on the TouchPad. It's able to pull the powerpoint from box.net but once it opens in Quickoffice, it's read only.

HP is supposedly working on pushing an update to Quickoffice to facilitate editing.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    No editing available on the TouchPad. It's able to pull the powerpoint from box.net but once it opens in Quickoffice, it's read only.

HP is supposedly working on pushing an update to Quickoffice to facilitate editing.
    The reason he asked for a video of opening a PowerPoint in view mode is that the PreCentral review said that view of power point was not supported.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    how about a video of how to set email up to work with Exchange, and another for gmail?
    Both Exchange and gmail setup on the TouchPad and iPad 2 are the same. Except if your exchange environment requires an SSL certificate to be installed, it fails on the iPad 2 but installs on the TouchPad successfully (remember TouchPad is more Enterprise friendly)

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ...a comparison of facebook apps would be cool:
    Don't have a facebook account. I'll see if i can get someone to setup on the TouchPad and get a video.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Can you show us cut and paste from a web page into Typewriter Beta and also what does it look like if you do that in the Memos app?

I'd like to see other current solutions than googledocs

thanks for all your effort here!
    Please do show it to all the reviewers. Oh maybe they are only worried abot the size and material than the actual purpose of device.
    Do you have a Honeycomb tab to do a three way fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Here is a video of the HP App Catalog vs the Apple App Store
    Good job. However make sure you are familiar with the ins/outs of the iPad: Search/Price :
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07/02/2011 at 02:30 PM.
    I think you should make a video where you write an email where you need to copy and paste from a website and another email and a memo. Show the work flow from the iPad vs. the Touchpad.
    erosen03 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    I think you should make a video where you write an email where you need to copy and paste from a website and another email and a memo. Show the work flow from the iPad vs. the Touchpad.
    ++++ Yes, I do this a lot and would like to see
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eizenga13 View Post
    With FLASH I can just go most of the websites that I need.... FOR example why do I NEED an app for DirecTV... Now I can go to the complete website and set up my account and add shows right online... I bet the same with TIVO, and all the other great apps people talk smack about... Maybe that is a good idea for TouchPad... You don't need an app for that... Just do exactly what you wanted to do the way YOU wanted to do it... Nice.

Let's not get carried away, have you ever seen the DirecTV app on the iPad? Much more functionality than the website. Also, a user could launch that app, set recordings and be done long before you even get logged in.

Hopefully there is a DirecTV app in the future of WebOS
    I saw you have a video up called "Touchpad jittery experience."

What you're actually talking about there is locking the scroll to one dimension, vertical only or horizontal only. Apple has a patent that appears to cover locking the scroll to vertical or horizontal and detecting when the user might want to scroll both. Dissecting Apple's "Multitouch" Patent: Can It Stop Palm?

Apple has some of the best scrolling/panning behavior of any touch interface and I think a lot of companies are afraid to get too close to duplicating it.
    I can't believe no one has suggested this: let's see comparable load times for Angry Birds.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    great videos...
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Why does the TouchPad screen appear so much dimmer? Is it just turned down?
    can the ipad print? Ive printed power points and docs that have been emailed to me right from my touch pad :-O :-)
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipzdod View Post
    can the ipad print? Ive printed power points and docs that have been emailed to me right from my touch pad :-O :-)
    "There's an App for that."
    The iPad prints on HP Printers with a feature that HP collaborated with Apple on called airprint.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Why does the TouchPad screen appear so much dimmer? Is it just turned down?
    I thought about this too, it doesnt look good at all so let's hope its just turned down. If it is, could someone please make a video where you record while increasing the brightness on both devices?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I can't believe no one has suggested this: let's see comparable load times for Angry Birds.
    Here ya go! U b the judge.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Great idea, great push for webOS. Thanks for doing these.
    One suggestion - rename the video titles to something like "Ipad 2 vs HP Touchpad": You don't need and app

etc.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast