Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hparsons
  1.    #1  
    We are the advocates of this device and OS. Many of us have been daily users of this OS for over 2 years now. We KNOW this product inside and out without ever having touched it, at least compared to the kids barely above minimum wage, who grew up TXTing and LOLing their way through middle school. Many of these kids can't afford these devices. They might be in stores that don't get 50 devices because HP didn't place a rep who has had a few weeks training at best in their location. We are fighting an uphill battle against 2 juggernauts (Apple and Google) who have more invested in this than HP, although now we have the backing of one of the only companies who can truly compete in this space, it's still early to expect a company who makes more money in a week selling ink cartridges to roll out Day One with the Ultimate Product off the shelf.

Again... We KNOW this product better than almost any sales person could hope to. They have to learn and answer questions about several devices in this space alone, not to mention everything else they have to sell. We need to educate them as to why we are in the store on Launch Day, Launch Week, Launch Month, whenever...

For every experience they have with someone looking at the product and reacting with a "Meh", we can counteract that with a brief discussion about why we love this product before we even open the box.

Synergy
    Just Type
    Jailbreaking/Homebrew supported by the manufacturer
    True Multitasking
    Unobtrusive notifications
    Frequent OTA updates that reassure us the the device will truly improve as we use it
    Touchstone technology
    Touch To Share
    And on, and on, and on...

Take a minute to engage that salesperson (or people) when you are waiting someone to find the keys to the display case or get one from the back.

Educate them as to why you prefer webOS to Apple's closed infrastructure

I leave you with this little ditty, perhaps you'd like to sing (webOS' praises) with me...

And friends, somewhere in Cupertino, enshrined in some little folder, is a study in black and white of my digital fingerprints. And the only reason I'm singing you this song now is cause you may know somebody in a similar situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into the Best Buy, wherever you are, just walk in say "Kid, You can get anything you want, with webOS' Revolution". And walk out.

You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really wierd and they won't sell to him.

And if two people, two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both fan boys and they won't sell to either of them.

And if three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
    singing a bar of webOS' Revolution and walking out. They may think it's an
    online forum. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said
    fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of webOS' Revolution and
    walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

And that's what it is , the webOS' Revolution Apple-Massacre Movement, and all you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the guitar.

With feeling.

So we'll wait for it to come around on the guitar, here and sing it when it does.

Here it comes.

You can get anything you want, with webOS' Revolution!
    Tap right in it's around the back..
    Just a half a minute with a Linux Hack.
    I suddenly don't feel quite so old. Give my best to Arlo and Alice.
    theclares likes this.