Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Had a great first day with the TouchPad with minimal hassles. Picked it up to show my girlfriend about 12 hours after first power-on, and it wouldn't wake up. TP was on because light was blinking, but screen wouldn't turn on.

Tried the Home + Power hold, and the Home + Power + Vol Up button combinations to reboot ... only succeeded in making the blinking light go away. Now it's just a lifeless slab of plastic. Not even plugging it in elicits any response.

Guess it's back to Best Buy with this sucker ... hope they have more in stock for exchanges.

hardbeatz posted a sort of reset/recovery procedure in a different thread. Hold the power button, then keep holding it while hitting the home button 10-15 times. Now release both buttons for a bit then hold power again for 5 seconds or so.

Might be worth a shot.
    Leave it plugged in for a few hours? I assume if the battery gets enough minimum juice you should see a logo pop up, and then eventually launch into webOS?
    Same thing happened to me. I could scroll and navigate but could not actually open, select, or do anything. I did a hard reset and was unable to turn the TP back on. I tried the crazy button pushing and plugging it in with out any help. I plugged it into my computer and it turned right on and seems to be working properly. It might help.
    I had a similar issue yesterday but only lasted a few seconds. I hope that doesnt mean that it will happen later permanently... I really like my touchpad, I dont want to get rid of it.
    so how's the soft reset procedure?
    Altogether, press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power button. Hold them for about 5-10secs.
  8.    #8  
    UPDATE:

Came home last night and plugged the TP in. Got the battery-charging icon. Let it charge overnight.

Woke up today and the TouchPad was suddenly acting normally. Fired up Spaz, Facebook, Email, and a browser page and used it for about ten minutes.

Came home just now and the ******* thing once again refuses to wake up. Notification light is blinking, but the stupid thing won't wake up regardless of what button I press. What the hell is going on?

EDIT: This time, a soft-reset actually worked.
    did you try that reset procedure?
    check to see if there is an update available. Maybe u dont have the current webOS version?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 07/03/2011 at 05:05 PM.
    Saying that it is bricked is quite deceiving if the device is still working, even only sometimes. If it were bricked, it wouldn't be working at all.

Anyway, sounds like you need to take it back or call HP about the warranty.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    did you try that reset procedure?
    I did, and this time it worked. Very happy to see that HP logo pop up. But this is really unacceptable. I'm wondering if it's being caused by a particular app.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    check to see if there is an update availanle. Maybe u dont have the current webOS version?
    "Your device is up to date."

There's nothing newer than 3.0.0 Build 41 right now, is there?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dajlol77 View Post
    Saying that it is bricked is quite deceiving if the device is still working, even only sometimes. If it were bricked, it wouldn't be working at all.

Anyway, sounds like you need to take it back or call HP about the warranty.
    When I first posted this thread, the thing wouldn't respond to any inputs and showed no signs of life for more than six hours, even when plugged in. If that's not bricked, I don't know what is.

Can't edit thread titles after they're posted, so ...
    41 is what i have. But the first one i saw on a display was an older build.
    i'd take it back and exchange it if I were you... for $600+ why risk having a wonky system and if it fails after 30 days, get a refurb?

Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    When I first posted this thread, the thing wouldn't respond to any inputs and showed no signs of life for more than six hours, even when plugged in. If that's not bricked, I don't know what is.

Can't edit thread titles after they're posted, so ...
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Had a great first day with the TouchPad with minimal hassles. Picked it up to show my girlfriend about 12 hours after first power-on, and it wouldn't wake up. TP was on because light was blinking, but screen wouldn't turn on.

Tried the Home + Power hold, and the Home + Power + Vol Up button combinations to reboot ... only succeeded in making the blinking light go away. Now it's just a lifeless slab of plastic. Not even plugging it in elicits any response.

Guess it's back to Best Buy with this sucker ... hope they have more in stock for exchanges.

check this thread here

Click Me

and in particular this post from HardBeatz
    hardbeatz posted a sort of reset/recovery procedure in a different thread. Hold the power button, then keep holding it while hitting the home button 10-15 times. Now release both buttons for a bit then hold power again for 5 seconds or so.

Might be worth a shot.
    Thanks. I was panicked. It was just laying on the table charging and when I picked it up everything was black and it would not respond.
    did you click your heels three times?
    I wonder how many people who've purchased a TouchPad don't use this forum? This seems to be a pretty humongous issue.
    This worked for me, my TP wasn't bricked but instead the screen would not come on. Pushing the power button like normal didn't work, plugged it in AC/USB that didn't worked. Finally this worked, thanks.

Might be worth a shot.
    Last edited by sburlbaw; 07/10/2011 at 02:15 PM.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast