1.    #1  
    Did anyone get this to work? I can't receive nor send texts from my TouchPad. Only phonecalls seem to work....
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Did anyone get this to work? I can't receive nor send texts from my TouchPad. Only phonecalls seem to work....
    SMS with the TouchPad is not intended to be working yet. Some of you have various behavior (works halfway, etc). However, according to HP, the Veer will get an update (as has been stated in the past events leading up to today's release) that will enable the SMS functionality.

The Pre3 will most likely work immediately out of the box once it's released (as also stated in past media events).

Currently, only the Veer and Pre3 have been confirmed to have this type of SMS functionality once they are updated/released. There is no information (as of today) available for any of the older devices that are not the Veer or Pre3.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 07/02/2011 at 01:01 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Sweet thanks. Hope that update lands soon because that's a super cool and useful feature!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Even with the Veer it isn't fully supported yet (actually not officially supported until an OTA update).
    I wonder about the prospect of some homebrew magic/patching between legacy webOS hardware and the touchpad for SMS? Seems like calls work fine out of the box. Thoughts?
    Yes calls work fine. As far as homebrew and the SMS functionality, I wouldn't put anything past those guys. They truly rock!!
    I am desperately waiting for this to work with my Veer and Touchpad! One of the coolest features IMO, and if I had the ability to show this off to my friends..
    Any update on this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    Any update on this yet?
    The Veer is still awaiting an update. Rumours were floating this week that then Veer update to 2.2.x is waiting for carrier verification and otherwise coming very soon. Until you get official work on that though, continue on with the status quo: it is not yet enabled for anything other than a Pre3.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Per my recent conversation with HP TouchPad support, the texting feature will be "pushed" to the Touchpad in the "next couple of days" as part an update. I'm just hoping the legacy devices, Pre- & Pixi, are supported when they're paired via BT.
    Quote Originally Posted by cartogary View Post
    Per my recent conversation with HP TouchPad support, the texting feature will be "pushed" to the Touchpad in the "next couple of days" as part an update. I'm just hoping the legacy devices, Pre- & Pixi, are supported when they're paired via BT.
    It's already on the TouchPad it needs to be pushed to phones. The Pre3 can already accomplish this with the TP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I use Google Voice and can send messages, but no calls. When I try to have it place a call, I get a message that it may take a few seconds, but never connects. Calls made to the GV number ring on my cell (I set it up that way).
    Go to google.com/voice and follow the instructions there.
    Last edited by chicle; 10/14/2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: added GV address
    my TP can only make or receive calls if paired with my Pre minus.
    SMS does not work at all. No send or receipt of texts. Thx.