Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Do you think in-browser Java ever be added? I use many websites like certain picture puzzle sites that run on java.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk9027866 View Post
    Do you think in-browser Java ever be added? I use many websites like certain picture puzzle sites that run on java.
    That is up to Oracle mostly. It may eventually be added and I hope that it will. One of biggest vision of the tablet market I see is when they become independent. A TouchPad with Java can run Ares, meaning it doesn't have to rely on PCs to develop its software.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Only reason java is needed to develop is because it needs to connect to the device - if you are developing on device no need.

But I doubt java will ever be available, worse resource hog than flash (for client side stuff)
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    No
    I sure hope it does happen, as I'd then be able to use GoToMyPC on my Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    WebOS 1.x used to have Java (Harmony)for run the services, but they got rid of it on 2.x when they switched to Node.jsjsjs.
    Basically it means that it should be easily added by home-grew but I don't think that HP will reintroduce it

Cheers
    JD