Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pluka View Post
    Really? I went back to office depot and tried the Touchpad again. It was 28 seconds to open the email app. I restarted and it dropped to 21 seconds. Navigating within the applications was even delayed.

The manager and I spoke for a while and he is going to pull a unit of inventory and replace the demo unit. He said he bough one and its performance is much better. I'll try again tomorrow if I have time after work - I wonder if its the demo software that's running in the background?
    I do seriously and honestly believe that there is some Sw version or hardware revision difference between the demo units in stores, the units reviewers received, and our straight retail units.

I have gone through every review and repeated exactly what they did and have not experienced anything remotely similar. And yes, my email opens faster than I can react with a stop watch, so it's instantaneous for all intents and purposes.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I do seriously and honestly believe that there is some Sw version or hardware revision difference between the demo units in stores, the units reviewers received, and our straight retail units.

I have gone through every review and repeated exactly what they did and have not experienced anything remotely similar. And yes, my email opens faster than I can react with a stop watch, so it's instantaneous for all intents and purposes.
    I went back today and they had a unit pulled from inventory for me to try. It was much, much faster. The email app opened within a second or two and navigating within the applications was much faster. I now have a 32gb model being shipped there. The manager and I agreed that we're doing the same think - testing the TP for the 2 weeks and making a decision. We've talked enough over the past few days that we share some of the same views about HP/Palm. Both had the Pre - , both switched to Moto Atrix, and both miss WebOS, but like the Android catalog.

I will say that giving the TP a workout made me realize how many Android apps feel Windows Mobile 6.0ish in comparison.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123