Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The great news for you then is you just have to wait till Jason gets his apps up and running in a week or two for full drag and drop powerzz.
    What's wrong with the default USB mode? Drag and drop via Explorer? Unless all your media is on a network drive/NAS? Then, yes, you're SOL.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    What's wrong with the default USB mode? Drag and drop via Explorer? Unless all your media is on a network drive/NAS? Then, yes, you're SOL.
    Cables defeat the whole concept of a mobile device. It should be so simple without needing to plug in. I'm already connected to my network via WIFI, so it shouldnt be that hard to browse folders on remote computers...

I want to lay on my bed or couch and watch videos stored on my PC. Am I the only one?
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Speaking of lag, I can't deny that there isn't any lag. I'm actually typing most of my posts in Memo now. Typing while in Browser is frustratingly slow. Also, there are some hiccups while an app does something and it just freezes there. True, the OS itself is mostly snappy -when a hiccup happens, I just hit the home button and the card view comes up smoothly.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Speaking of lag, I can't deny that there isn't any lag. I'm actually typing most of my posts in Memo now. Typing while in Browser is frustratingly slow. Also, there are some hiccups while an app does something and it just freezes there. True, the OS itself is mostly snappy -when a hiccup happens, I just hit the home button and the card view comes up smoothly.
    Hmm strange. I'm watching a Flash video and typing in browser at the same time with absolutely no lag at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Cables defeat the whole concept of a mobile device. It should be so simple without needing to plug in. I'm already connected to my network via WIFI, so it shouldnt be that hard to browse folders on remote computers...

I want to lay on my bed or couch and watch videos stored on my PC. Am I the only one?
    Very true, but in a pinch, I'm doing ok with USB mode, for now. I'm pretty sure we'll soon see what's HP cloud solution going to be.

As far as wanting to watch movies while in my couch or bed, I do quite ok with streaming through my 360 in the living room on a large TV or my BD player in the bedroom. :-)
    I wonder why you say that typing in the browser is slow? I am typing this from my touchpad right now and as fast as I can type the text is being input. I type 45-50 wpm on a standard keyboard and about 30wpm on my Pre keyboard. I would guesstimate that I can get around 35-40 on the TPad vk.
    Hmm strange. I'm watching a Flash video and typing in browser at the same time with absolutely no lag at all...
    Really? Not doubting you here, it's just that when doing any Flash, it becomes even worse.

Not sure if it matters at all, but how much free space you have? On my 32GB, I have less than a 500MBs left.

Also, if you have HBO, can you try HBO GO. It's HBO. Anywhere. All videos take forever to load and when they do, it's very laggy.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Really? Not doubting you here, it's just that when doing any Flash, it becomes even worse.

Not sure if it matters at all, but how much free space you have? On my 32GB, I have less than a 500MBs left.
    I dont have anything on my TP other than apps. So probably around 31gb free.
    Only 500MBs left? That could be your problem right there. While back my Pre's memory was close to being full and it slowed down and was really laggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Only 500MBs left? That could be your problem right there. While back my Pre's memory was close to being full and it slowed down and was really laggy.
    Bingo! Yes its a tablet, but it IS still a "computer" with an operating system. There is a page file\swap file on the device and you should seriously leave 1.5 times the ram free for performance reasons. Other wise, you will have lag as the OS struggles to juggle memory in the limited space.
    Ok, I'll delete a few movies I loaded, mostly to test different Handbrake settings. Hopefully that'll do it...
    someone try ##LOGS# in TP phone app and set logging to minimal = I swear no lag here (apart from day 0 when all my apps were being restored).

My complaints : the web browser on a busy youtube page keeps reloading over and over until finally everything works. (I think it keeps getting distracted when a flash ad appears in side bar).

Photo album deletion also a bug and the fact that file system has to be ejected ungracefully for music files to be rescanned.

Software update app keeps erroring out and says try again when there are updates.

These all seem relatively minor to me.

I want : Kindle app, HP movie store, citrix official release and better PDF support/app.
    Heres my first round of notes for annoyances/things I'd like to see implemented:

Dont like fullscreen music app, I wish the album art was displayed for the album with an ordered/orderable list view when you click on it.

Option to keep music app running even if thrown away.

Volume lock

When playing music and starting an app with its own "sound profile" get prompted if you want to automatically mute the game, mute the music, or play both.

Autocorrect needs to be able to figure out that "hellonworld means "hello world." Additionally, I feel autocorrect does not handle missing the spacebar well at all.

I'd like the tab button moved off of the keyboard while browsing the web. If it actually was indenting my text then great, but all its been doing is taking me to the next text input area when I'm going for the shift key.

Where did the clock go?

Every time I launch memos it takes at least two reboots of the app to be able to edit a memo.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgso View Post
    like the tab button moved off of the keyboard while browsing the web. If it actually was indenting my text then great, but all its been doing is taking me to the next text input area when I'm going for the shift key.
    Oh no. I couldnt disagree more. Being able tab between form fields with the keyboard is one the main reasons i love this keyboard. Its so mucb faster than having to go and tap on each next one. You just need more accuracy :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    someone try ##LOGS# in TP phone app and set logging to minimal = I swear no lag here.
    I'm trying this, thanks for the tip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    1. No calculator - duh! (This from Hewlitt Packard).
    2. Cannot set a picture as a wallpaper from the photo app. ???
    3. Cannot create more launcher pages. Why is it with webOS we are always taking two steps back before taking one step forward?

The list is actually quite long, so I am going to leave it at this for now.
    HP should have all their famous calculators all the way from the first one recreated on the app catalog. "HP Vintage Calculators Collection Edition" App....

Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    someone try ##LOGS# in TP phone app and set logging to minimal = I swear no lag here (apart from day 0 when all my apps were being restored).

My complaints : the web browser on a busy youtube page keeps reloading over and over until finally everything works. (I think it keeps getting distracted when a flash ad appears in side bar).

Photo album deletion also a bug and the fact that file system has to be ejected ungracefully for music files to be rescanned.

Software update app keeps erroring out and says try again when there are updates.

These all seem relatively minor to me.

I want : Kindle app, HP movie store, citrix official release and better PDF support/app.
    Wow, I didn't think the OS could get any speedier, THANKS!

So far my only gripe is that I can't delete this photo album named "Test". I wonder if it was just a button they forgot to add or something?

When my apple ****** coworker tells me that "Wow, I didn't think I'd like it, but I like it alot." I think we got a good springboard of things to come.

Oh, and I wish Disney would let me connect it to their wifi network. Grumble grumble policy grumble.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    No Kindle icon anywhere. When I do a search for Amazon, or Kindle in the catalog I don't see any results.
    I notice your location is Canada, so I wonder if HP's deal for Kindle is US-only at this time. Out of the box, my TouchPad had a Kindle icon prominently positioned on the "Apps" tab of the launcher. Tapping it went to the download page in the App Catalog and the download then replaced the icon.

Sadly, the downloaded app currently just displays a "coming soon" message, but hopefully that will change soon.

-Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Bingo! Yes its a tablet, but it IS still a "computer" with an operating system. There is a page file\swap file on the device and you should seriously leave 1.5 times the ram free for performance reasons. Other wise, you will have lag as the OS struggles to juggle memory in the limited space.
    This isn't Windows dude.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

The fast that the email app launches instantaneously still amazes me every time.
    Really? I went back to office depot and tried the Touchpad again. It was 28 seconds to open the email app. I restarted and it dropped to 21 seconds. Navigating within the applications was even delayed.

The manager and I spoke for a while and he is going to pull a unit of inventory and replace the demo unit. He said he bough one and its performance is much better. I'll try again tomorrow if I have time after work - I wonder if its the demo software that's running in the background?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast