Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1  
    I find myself trying to back swipe a lot. Its going to be odd using a Sprint Pre & a touchpad, and even so a Pre 3 if it ever comes out. They should have kept it. I'd honest live with a patch that takes up a 1/2 inch in portrait and landscape with a black background and a fake gesture area if its doable one day down the road...

Anyone else feeling the same?
    I am! Although I don't think the gestures should have be implented in the exact same way, they should have found a way to put them in.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I find myself trying to back swipe a lot. Its going to be odd using a Sprint Pre & a touchpad, and even so a Pre 3 if it ever comes out. They should have kept it. I'd honest live with a patch that takes up a 1/2 inch in portrait and landscape with a black background and a fake gesture area if its doable one day down the road...

Anyone else feeling the same?
    yep. I like the back swipe. Maybe they can add that as a gesture. Two finger swipe on touchscreen?
    Yes just installed Preware (latest version) and noticed they added a Back Button to make it work on TouchPads. Shame, but then who knows why big companies like HP do what they do?

Either way, I'm hoping for some webOS Internals magic and looking forward to them working some magic if they can. Sorli...
    besides swiping up, what else is considered an "advanced gesture" ?
    there's no back swipe? I guess I missed that somewhere along the line.

that's one of my top fav webos features. It's so handy and just smart.
    +1
    honestly, there are very few times when i crave a back gesture. With most touchpad apps, all of the content is displayed on a single screen, or in sliding panes. in either case, the back gesture would be useless...

what i do miss is quickly switching between apps.
    spud101 likes this.
    If not a back gesture, then at least a standard way to go back (which may as well be implemented as a gesture). As it is, going back varies depending on the app (even though going back is pretty standard for most apps).
    IcerC likes this.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I know I was missing it today when playing with one at Best Buy
    Here's hoping for some beastly and awesome dev, whether it be by the mind powers on WebOS Internals or other, makes a patch for real "advanced gestures" for switching between apps
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  12. END
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Missed it too.
    we need someone to create a patch that recognizes a swipe off the left and right edge of the screen to serve as a back and forward gesture, just as we currently have with the "up gesture" when the card is maximized... ready, set, go!
    spud101 and reflex like this.
    I miss the back gesture. It was an intuitive distinctive of webOS that will now have me confused as I switch between my Pre and TPad.
    Even if someone made a back gesture, the apps are not setup to have something to go back to. Going back has been replaced by sliding panels. I'm not saying I like it, just saying that there is no patch that can bring the back function back.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I wouldn't mind a 2 finger gesture for back and forward instead of the gesture area.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    l sorely miss the back gesture and time and time again I find myself pausing to figure out how to go back. Removing the gestures is a big mistake. Gestures made webOS unique and also very intuitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Even if someone made a back gesture, the apps are not setup to have something to go back to. Going back has been replaced by sliding panels. I'm not saying I like it, just saying that there is no patch that can bring the back function back.
    Still would work in things like the web browser and the like.
    Frankly, I'm grateful HP found a way to implement the up-swipe. I suspect it was the one pixel border strategy.

But yeah, I've found myself having to remember that there's a "back" button. Not very intuitive, but I can see why HP had to do away with a gesture area for a tab that can be in portrait or landscape.
    I have great news for the future of gesture patches. The emulator 3.0 version includes the ability to switch between apps using the "advanced gesture". You can use the arrow keys to still simulate swiping the gesture area. This is great because making the patch for advanced gestures will be mostly connecting the dots that aren't already.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast