1.    #1  
    HP TouchPad Tablet | HP Official(R) Site

On the Promo section of HP.com I found an interesting picture next to the part that talks about the camera.
    Looks exactly like how I take a picture on my Palm Pre Plus...yet on the Touchpad.
    Hint of a camera app that's going to come soon?
    I think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    HP TouchPad Tablet | HP Official(R) Site

On the Promo section of HP.com I found an interesting picture next to the part that talks about the camera.
    Looks exactly like how I take a picture on my Palm Pre Plus...yet on the Touchpad.
    Hint of a camera app that's going to come soon?
    I think so.
    I don't know why there'd be one. What're you going to do, turn your touchpad around and blindly aim for a picture? I guess you can take a bunch of myspace-style pics.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, same as any webcam on a laptop.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Why would they release the device, equipped with a camera, and no app? What sense does that make?
  5.    #5  
    Why would they release the device and promise OTA updates to make it more attractive? Also why would the release the device without a solid marketing campaign straight out the door?
    All this is in good time...HP is just taking too much time to do it IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    Why would they release the device, equipped with a camera, and no app? What sense does that make?
    skype utilizes it / video chat. That's the purpose I see for it. That's what I use my macbook pro for. I'm sure some people take pictures with photobooth, etc., but I don't.
    Has anyone tried any of the barcode scanner phone apps?
    Wow, nice find! I really do believe that HP had to release the TouchPad a little prematurely. But personally, I don't care. I can get the TouchPad earlier and then re-experience the whole thing over again at the end of the month when they will probably release a supa update.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    It will happen just like they patched in the camcorder on the og pre
    The Touchpad on the site seems to be in the "Messaging" app. I propose that if you compose a message and want to ad a picture it will ask you from device or take a new one much like the Pre does which then will pop up the camera with the buttons and what have you. Just a thought