Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree87Likes
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! All these good reviews!!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS IT THE 15TH YET??????????????????????GIMMIE, GIMMIE, GIMMIE, GIMMIE!!!!!!
    haha. I know how you feel. I ordered mine on 21/6 and arrived on 7/7 (UK). What a painful wait!

but take heart: it does end :-)
    Hello Natalie,

If you are still around thanks for stopping by. I have a problem that is keeping me from buying a touchpad and I hope you can pass it on to the designers at hp.

I didn't see anyway to switch between apps like advanced gestures on the phone. Also, I opened a bunch of apps and had to scroll left and right blindly to find the one I wanted. This is just too tedious for me. I believe palm got it just right in the original version of webos with the mini cards (zoomed out view) but sadly it is now gone.

Stacks are good but only if one took the time to make stacks before hand or if the apps are related. At the least they should have icons showing which apps are open, just some way to know where you are and to get there quickly instead of going left, no not there let's go the other way. In fact its painful just to watch a video of people doing that.

I hope you agree that bringing these thing back would make the touchpad so fast and efficient it would blow away the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    Natalie, I think it's awesome that there's an HP presence on this site. That really adds to my faith that HP is going to be active in growing webOS.

My biggest concern, right now, and the only thing holding me back from jumping in with both feet is the question of when Quick Office is going to have editing. Obviously, if you could announce a definite date, it would have been published, already. Is there a range to "soon", though? Yet in July? 3Q 2011? Sometime in 2011? Who knows, we'll have to ride the developers with spurs?

I love webOS. I really, really want to support the platform. Unfortunately, Palm had a lot of empty promises (no doubt finance related) that make things like the Quick Office editing issue a lot more egg on HP's face than it would otherwise be.

Thanks for your time. Hopefully, any negativity you find is just people like me who want to throw cash at you, but need a little reassurance that this is going to be done right. Every other computer in my house is an HP, so it'd be cool if the tablet and phone matched.
    I agree about having an app to edit office documents. My company has over 300 employees. I know that they are searching for a laptop replacement. With the lack of Office Editing, the TouchPad will not be looked at. Though I did plant the bug, I sure hope the do consider the TouchPad for the multi tasking.
    I will be receiving my Touch Pad on Friday. I am putting my money down that this webOS platform will become what I hope it to be.

Office & photo editing are a must in my book.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I order my Touchpad through QVC and it said it shoul be here by the 20th. After a few days I went on Amazon and ordered the Touchpad with case and touchstone and it cost $10 less. After 2 days the Touchpad arrived. I cancelled the QVC order. All I can say is wow! I ve only played around with it for a few hours, downloaded apps, skyped, watched flash videos and it all worked great. I haven't noticed any lag yet with anything like the official reviews talked about. Very happy with the purchase.
    cobrakon likes this.
    STILL love mine. Plus, I am impressing more and more people with it each time is use it. It is immediately recognized as a serious workhorse. No joke. I've had people curse their iPhone 4s right in front of me, because my OS is so kickass. Mmmhmmm.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    The interesting thing for me is my wife, who is anti-gadget and loves to mock me, can't put the thing down. I am a gadget geek, I will admit, although (I think) I am pro-webOS because first my Pre minus and now my Veer and TouchPad do what I want them to do. But I was ok with the seemingly long delay before the TP was released because I needed plenty of time to prepare her for it coming in the house so I wouldn't get mocked once it was here. Well it is here now, and she is constantly using it and enjoying it to surf the web. (Now laying the foundation of explaining why we need TWO Touchpads, or might make it 3 since my 4 year old is also quite fond of it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I agree about having an app to edit office documents. My company has over 300 employees. I know that they are searching for a laptop replacement. With the lack of Office Editing, the TouchPad will not be looked at. Though I did plant the bug, I sure hope the do consider the TouchPad for the multi tasking.
    I will be receiving my Touch Pad on Friday. I am putting my money down that this webOS platform will become what I hope it to be.

Office & photo editing are a must in my book.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I too look forward to this and poked around last week, since Quickoffice currently only lets you view things; Quickoffice's website says that they are working on a Pro version that will enable us to edit MS Office files (PowerPoint, Word & Excel).

If you sign up (to wait, it appears), they'll put you on a list to get a discount once they initially release.
    Quickoffice Quickoffice for webOS
    Still waiting for my TP to arrive, I was reminded today WHY I want one so bad while trying to access the HP Launchline on Facebook from my iPad!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Has anyone been able to get espn3 to work in the browser without using playon.tv? I thought espn3 used flash, but I might be wrong. It just doesn't seem to load for me.

I also don't know if this is because I'm using a wireless hotspot as well, but that might be the issue.
    Mine from QVC arrived today, way early! Was supposed to be shipped Friday and arrive the 22nd, but woke up to an email that it was shipped and checked tracking and it was on the truck! It helps to live close to a QVC fulfillment location. So far I DO LOVE IT! Love the case and touchstone, too.
    capt4chris likes this.
    ARRIVED TODAY???? Mine just shipped yesterday damn you, and mine was supposed to be shipped friday.

Did they overnight yours?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yes! I love my new Touchpad!

I was fortunate enough to be able get the 32GB for $149 at Wal-Mart. I also got 3 more 16GB for $99 (1 for my parents, 1 for my daughter, and 1 for my son - who is 3 who will share it with my wife. lol)

I have long debated the actual usefulness of the tablets. For me, I have never been able to justify the price of $500 for something to check emails, surf, and play some games on... especially when I can do all those things on my phone and laptop.

However, for $99, that price crosses my line of rationale and I figured it might be worth a look.

Having been on WebOS with my Sprint Pre- for 2 years, before switching to an Evo3D due to numerous hardware issues with my Pre-, I was already familiar with WebOS.

I've been on Android for about 45 days, and I can't tell you how refreshing it is to be using WebOS on a regular basis again. It is so elegant and user friendly. I whole heartedly believe if more people would actually have the chance to experience it, it would become a hit operating system. Those of us here all know how awesome it is, but trying to convey that to a non-techie is somewhat difficult. Especially with the mindshare being on Apple and Android.

Nonetheless, this was my parents and daughter's first experience with WebOS and they both love it. I'm confident that more of those who picked up the TP for $99 who plan on using it will be pleasantly surprized at how functional the device is.

I think the speakers sound fantastic. Listening to Pandora is a real pleasure on the TP. I know I'll be using it a lot for that. Likewise, the TuneIn Radio app is simply the best radio app out there IMO.

I do a lot of photo and video work, so I'm hoping I can leverage the 32GB to store some samples that I can show off to clients when travelling. I haven't delved into the video specs yet, but I'm using Adobe Premiere CS5, so surely I can output a format that the TP can read!

Overall, I have been pleased with the performance of my TP. I know it has been stated that the software still hasn't been fully optimized for the hardware, but to me, I think it performs quite well based on my usage.

For $99/$149 there really isn't much room to complain. When you consider that all tablets are disposable items (ie non-upgradable), it makes a lot more sense to pay $99 than $500! ... which is why I never would have bought a tablet in the first place at those initial prices.
    I love my touchpad too.

There's no two ways about it. Sure, you "could" say the touchpad is the second best tablet on the market (compared to the ipad), but at 100-150$ it's a stupid good deal. Lack of apps is unfortunate but you have flash to cover almost all of your bases (something ipad can't match). If it literally never got another update or app, it would still be worth what I paid for it. No question.

I expect to get several solid years of use out of it. Down the road when it's finally losing it's luster maybe I'll turn it into a digital pictureframe, or a kitchen computer, or maybe a wall mounted video-chat portal, or just give it to my son who'll be starting kindergarten by then. Who knows. This is one hell of alot of hardware.

I've imagined a device like this my whole life. I was sitting down using an IBM pc jr thinking, one day, I'd have the worlds knowledge (something like the encyclopedia Britannica) on a handheld computer. Every step of the way I've seen technology adapt, change, grow, and this is such an amazing culmination. Already my touchpad has several hundred tv episodes on it (whole seasons of popular TV shows), a couple dozen movies, every SNES game ever made, a huge collection of my digital photos, a large mp3 collection, and 2800 epub books. Add on the wifi access to the internet (quite literally, the world's collected knowledge), available virtually anywhere (I can use my freetether/pre- if need-be) and I'm set. It's also able to communicate with anyone instantly anywhere around the globe, video chat, make a phone call. The only thing my touchpad isn't doing for me is the dishes :/.

But, I can use it to search craigslist for a good deal on a dishwasher.

At 500-600$ I could easily list off the reasons why I didn't need this device in my life. At 100$-150$, there was no reason to restrict myself. It's a no-brainer purchase.
    Last edited by ncinerate; 08/22/2011 at 12:58 PM.
    WebOS Migrant and 4aSong like this.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789