Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    The Browser and Photo & Videos app both need a lot of work. But, with that said, this tablet is going to replace my notebook on most days (when my keyboard arrives!) I'm sure of that. I love the way it feels and works. It's taking a bit of time to get used to it but that is really the fun part.

I'm in the cloud now (first time) after getting the box.net app (and 50gb of free storage, thank you very much!). The WordPress app is very nice. InterfaceLIFT HD is beautiful! The 4tPadCalculator is better than a stock app and even saves previous equations. pondNotes has taken over from Notes since the app is already there! And I'm looking forward to using the TED and Khan Academy apps as well. The Gemini File manager is promising (still a bit buggy but the developer is very responsive!) I also really like the way that the USAToday app works.

But I'm already missing WiFi Media Sync, KalemSoft Media Player, and the YouMail apps, which I hope are all coming soon!

But I feel better all the time about being an 'early adopter'. I usually am slow with picking up new hardware but happy I'm in at the beginning of this ride.
    Is anyone else reading NatalieatHP as NataliEatHP.
    @Nat I hate going to websites on tablets and view webpages its mobile platorm. I dont like having to force debug mode and tweak it to make it act as a desktop brower [cough moto xoom].
    Is there an option to just enable that through preferences without the hassle?
    Hi Nat looking forward to tweaks to smooth everything out. Main apps missing for me is Netflix, Nook and Shazam although there are many others needed as well (Slingbox, for one).

The biggest thing is get some advertising out there. I don't know why HP is launching this so soft. If it's because of the hiccups it has now then after the first update get those commercials on the air!

Another note about the advertising: the Russel Brand spots are okay but they don't seem like they would be as successful as commercials actually showing off the product. Show everyone how beautiful webOS is and works and people WILL BUY IT.
    and of course, get the Pre3 on Sprint NOW!!!
    Hi Natali,

thanks for stopping by, I really need the following:
    Evernote
    remember the milk
    pageonce
    TD bank
    Chase
    WhatsApp
    ezPDF Reader
    LogMeIn
    At Bat 2011
    Document editing
    LinkedIn
    Netflix
    ePrint
    Roboform
    Tvshowstream
    and if can get SwiftKey keyboard ported would be amazing...
    also gTasks for google tasks is very important

I want to use it for business exlusively, I know that they are putting lots of effort to port games over, but think that productivity apps are more important being that they push it as an enterprise solution and its not without some more business oriented apps.
    I was very dissapointed to open the app catalog and goto Business category and seeing only 13 apps made "for TouchPad" in that catagory...

thanks for stopping by our forums, shows you guys care.

ps, yeah, Netflix is not for work... ;-)
    Hi Nathalie !
    i am working on a game for the Touchpad that will be ready in a few weeks.
    I try to contact someone at HP but don't get any answer.
    Can you help a little ?
    Thanks.
    jean-claude
    Really just need remote desktop/vnc and better video codec support to be my ideal device.
    Quote Originally Posted by NatalieatHP View Post
    Hi PreCentral community! I work for HP and wanted to thank you all for your overwhelming support of the HP TouchPad! We value your feedback, and encourage you to keep sharing your thoughts with us. We want to use your comments to help continue to make the TouchPad and webOS your tablet and OS of choice. We are reading this thread and others, so please feel free to drop us a line here or on Twitter at @HP.
    please do something to make the accelerometer less sensitive. It seems that in portrait mode, just a slight lean to the left or right switches to landscape, and the it takes lot of wiggling to get it back to portrait.

but I have lots of positive comment too and I will get them posted later today. This device is gonna rock!
    one additional comment for natalie, can you direct this to the citrix people. My company is using rsa secureID dongles for 2 pass authentication into their network and the client that is being released for touchpad doesn't have it. Can they please enhance their product to support secureID?
    Hi PreCentral community! I work for HP and wanted to thank you all for your overwhelming support of the HP TouchPad! We value your feedback, and encourage you to keep sharing your thoughts with us. We want to use your comments to help continue to make the TouchPad and webOS your tablet and OS of choice. We are reading this thread and others, so please feel free to drop us a line here or on Twitter at @HP.
    From an Aussie guy who lives in japan (but Plam pixi was activated in Australia), all I would like to know (and Ive been trying to find out for days) is If I buy a touchpad when I visit the US, Can I get access to the paid catalogue if I put my Aussie account info in ??? Or Does HP have any plans for the Japanese market ???
    Please sort out this app catalogue hassle !
    Hey natalie
    First off I luv the touchpad,2nd whats up with the camera app,and do you know how soon an update will be rolling out to fix some of the lag.why are some of the apps so pricey for touchpad like need for speed(9.99) on ipad its .99 cents just wondering is that a developer thing or Hp.I just hope more quality apps make there way to webos cause there is a great supporting webos fan base here....And last but not least I havent been able to put my touchpad down,was anybody here able to transfer a movie cause mines is not playing
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdeadfish View Post
    one additional comment for natalie, can you direct this to the citrix people. My company is using rsa secureID dongles for 2 pass authentication into their network and the client that is being released for touchpad doesn't have it. Can they please enhance their product to support secureID?
    Holy smokes, you are expecting them to write drivers to support external hardware just for more secure sign-in?

A nice wish, but highly unlikely.
    Very cool that you are taking such an active role in the customer relations avenue!
    I've installed most of the apps from pivot and the 15 apps precentral suggested in a recent article...
    The plethora of news and music related apps has been excellent, and box.net, gemini file manager, serverstatus and translator HD are all quite excellent.

But for the device to be truly indespensible for me, it needs VNC or Remote Desktop, proxy server settings and ideally an IRC client. I use these all the time at work and currently the TouchPad has limited use there. But it's early yet and so far I am far from disappointed!

Looking forward to more products from HP! (like the Pre 3 . . . Ideally on Sprint! Not to beat a dead horse!)
    I'd like to see word processing and powerpoint capabilities...there is the ability to go onto google docs to create these...but the capabilities are limited and graphics for themes and whatnot seem very dated. If you could make an app for word processing and powerpoint that could be close to or similar to Microsoft's, or make a site that would best google docs that would be amazing! I'd sell my computer and switch permanently to the touchpad and the generations of touchpads to come if this capability was available.

Also, for gaming, I think that all tablets need to focus on some games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger...basically the turn based games. Reaction time for most people on a tablet is pretty slow, and those games that we suffer with picking up because of "phantom buttons" or relying solely on the gyroscope become frustrating too fast to keep playing and therefore are dissatisfied with the game. I think most people would enjoy playing turn based games on tablets.

P.S. ~ Any chance that a Pre+ will be able to do touch to share if it has the touchstone backing?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Dear Natalie - thanks for joining this community. We love webOS and most contributions are motivated by a desire to improve the experience.

I too love the TP. One notable gap for me is the lack of an advanced Task Manager app. I am hopeful that Done! will be adapted to Enyo by haeffb at Tiger Country Software. Done! is an app that integrates with Toodledo.

The other gap for me is that the Messaging app does not handle Windows Live Messenger accounts. Most people in my company use WLM as an IM platform. There was a homebrew plugin under 1.4.5 and 2.x but it has not been adapted yet for 3.x - and it seems to me that this should be a standard capability of the built-in app - after all WLM is a farily common IM environment. FYI - I use Digsby on my PC as a multi-platform IM client. Getting Digsby to come up with a webOS version would be a great win for HP.
    Without a doubt the two biggest things that need to be added/fixed to the TP to make it a viable business device are:

*document editing - This is a must. Even if it is not used that often, you cannot justify this as a business expense unless you can fully view and edit word/office/ documents.

*a better calander - Just read the forums on the issues with the webos calander that still show up on the touchpad -- the dreaded scrolling wheel, the trouble syncing, not being able to see the day of the week and so forth. Take a look at an android app such as "business calander" (just one among many) that does it better. Moreover, make sure the databases and code is open enough so (like android) there can be third-party calanders that actually work and improve on what is stock.

For conusumer and personal use the big one is:

*Netflix. 'nuff said.
    Last edited by midmofan; 07/05/2011 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Holy smokes, you are expecting them to write drivers to support external hardware just for more secure sign-in?

I don't think he is asking for custom drivers. I think he is asking that the interface supports the ability to enter in the code/token generated by securid. Many, many companies use this, so this would be a requirement if HP expects these tablets to be used by corporations.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    ARGH!!! EXPECTING (Hoping?) to love mine. Ordered a 32Gigger while on vacation, but messed up in my enthusiasm on the shipping. It will arrive at my house via fedex 2 days before I return. Aside from the depressing thought of having it THERE and still not being able to play with it...i am concerned FedEx will return the damned thing!

Calling fedex to see if I can redirect to my neighbor to have them sign for it.

ANyway very much looking forward to the device. Have little experience with any other tablets, so I will have (i think) a fairly untainted opinion.

From the reviews I have read and even the posts here, I hope to see the OTA update soon as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post

Hi DanLipson, I work for HP and wanted to thank you for the comment! I just wanted to see what some of the software items you are looking forward to are and also get an idea of what kind of apps you have downloaded. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
    Hi Natalie!
    Welcome to precentral. It is great that HP is reaching out to the real users.

As far as applications go, there are really a few scenarios/use cases that I match (commuter, corporate end-user, father).

For my commute, I need: media FROM the cloud CACHED on my device (books, newspapers, music, tv, etc.). Like the other 17 million people who commute into NYC every morning, I do NOT have access to the web while commuting on the train/subway - there just isn't a signal most of the time. I need to be able to "sync" at home, before I go, preferably automatically at set times (4am, while it is charging and has a wifi connection). HPPlay is pretty good, thank the people at HP for making it easy once again to sync music.

For work, I need: video out (maybe via some new type of touchstone?), local doc editing (come on, HP really blew this, should have been a huge priority, both Docs to Go and Quickoffice began on the Palm platform, and most Fortune 500 companies don't let employees put documents on the cloud...), remote access (need to support secureid), a fast/quick calendar that can store thousands of events (many of us track our time hourly), an easy way to create new events (whomever decided to use a scrolling list of numbers for the date instead of a month view should be flogged to death).

As a father, I need: family photos/videos (the media indexer delay confuses people, and deleting albums/photos on the touchpad causes all sorts of issues), a way to lock my kids out of my email/notes/documents (re-add the private feature from PalmOS). I'd also like to be able to block the web to white-listed sites (like the way the Mac does for child accounts), set time amounts, etc.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Hi Natali, so great to hear from HP in these boards. You will find great people and ideas from passionate users.

As you might have read, I love the TouchPad, but I REALLY love the case (pics are earlier in the thread & my Twitter account). It is so well designed and form fitting, I think if reviewers had the case with the tPad it would have bumped the points up even more.... Great job!

Hope to hear from you all soon...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El