Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Wait til, you guys put the case on....makes it feel even more solid & sooooo functional. I dont see having to take it off at all....

Twitpic / MrKal_El

is it true that there are no cutouts for the speakers?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    is it true that there are no cutouts for the speakers?
    No there is of course... This case is one of the best designed cases I have ever used for a product...

Form fitting to say the least.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I could've gotten mine today. UPS reports that they stopped by my place to deliver it but I wasn't home to pick it up. Tomorrow, then. Probably one of the first 5 active in Canada.
    sledge007 likes this.
    ^ Hot damn. Can't wait to pick mine up!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Wait til, you guys put the case on....makes it feel even more solid & sooooo functional. I dont see having to take it off at all....
    HP site is out and none of the stores, in my town, have the HP case. I ordered the HP case from Amazon today. Can't wait; okay I have to wait, but I won't be waiting patiently.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhiz8577 View Post
    Am loving mine and since I have been a playon.tv user for years I have hulu, netflix, espn3, local media, ect playing like a dream on my touchpad.

If anyone else bought a licence a couple years back dust it off and start watching.

I've been using PlayOn with my TouchPad as well. I love love love it!

I don't understand the negative reviews. I trust those particular "experts" even less.
    love mine! My Pre looks and feels so small now. Webos belongs to a tablet! ;-)
    I love my touchpad... None the site know what they looking at. They cant get past the look of the hardware. My girl friend have ipad and iphone after seeing what my touchpad could do she bought one. You dont need app for that on touchpad, browser have you cover.
    etx likes this.
    I preordered my TouchPad @ BB on Sun June 26 and picked it up 7/1 at 10am when the store opened. It is everything that I thought it could be and more. And I know that it is only going to get better as HP sends out the OTA to optimize some of the bugs and lagginess. The content is also going to get better as HP continues to develop relationships with developers, content providers & NEW webOS consumers. WebOS has a real chance to really succeed on the tablet and then on the smartphone platform as more and more users flock to webOS. I brought my TP to a BBQ today and even iPad users were like "WOW" when the saw it.

I do have a few items that I am experiencing tho.....sometimes when I am in a browser card or in the FB app or the Spaz app and I click on a link, the TP directs me to an already open browser card (not stacked in that card stack) and the page link does not open. Then a gray box pops up in the top right hand corner....I am guessing that it is supposed to be a message box, but there is no message that I can see.....just a gray box. I have to tap it or hit the Home button for it to go away.

Also, at random times, the phone card pops up on the screen and pulsates for like 15 secs and then goes away (if I don't swipe it away first). Usually this happens if I am in the browser and then the browser almost freezes up right before the phone app card launches. It is becoming a bit frustrating.

Other than those items, everything else has been pretty great. The keyboard is amazing and typing is very fluid and fast. Auto correct is decent but still needs a few tweeks to be great. Also anyone notice that there is no colon or semi-colon....or is there and I just don't see it?
    Oh I see the colon & semi now! :::::::: ;;;;;;;;;; Ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by maggot View Post

Also, at random times, the phone card pops up on the screen and pulsates for like 15 secs and then goes away (if I don't swipe it away first). Usually this happens if I am in the browser and then the browser almost freezes up right before the phone app card launches. It is becoming a bit frustrating.
    ive had that happen as well. Being a launch day pre owner im confident the couple minor glitches ive seen will be fixed, its just a matter of time. Even with the glitches its an amazing device. I love love love keyboard, so much better than the iOS keyboard.
    Hi PreCentral community! I work for HP and wanted to thank you all for your overwhelming support of the HP TouchPad! We value your feedback, and encourage you to keep sharing your thoughts with us. We want to use your comments to help continue to make the TouchPad and webOS your tablet and OS of choice. We are reading this thread and others, so please feel free to drop us a line here or on Twitter at @HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    It's amazing. Fluid, smooth, beautiful... it's missing a few things software-wise that I'm sure will come, but in regards to the app selection, I expected it to be so bare that it would be useless because that's how reviews have been making it seem, but it's actually pretty varied. I was really surprised. And better yet, all of the apps I've downloaded so far have really been excellently made too.

Don't let reviews fool you, if you loved the pre, the touchpad will be no different.
    Hi DanLipson, I work for HP and wanted to thank you for the comment! I just wanted to see what some of the software items you are looking forward to are and also get an idea of what kind of apps you have downloaded. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by dajlol77 View Post
    LOVE my touchpad. It's actually better than I was expecting! Great job HP!

I can't wait to get some more amazing apps..
    Hi dajlol77, I work for HP and am so glad to hear you are loving your TouchPad! What apps have you downloaded so far?
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by NatalieatHP View Post
    Hi PreCentral community! I work for HP and wanted to thank you all for your overwhelming support of the HP TouchPad! We value your feedback, and encourage you to keep sharing your thoughts with us. We want to use your comments to help continue to make the TouchPad and webOS your tablet and OS of choice. We are reading this thread and others, so please feel free to drop us a line here or on Twitter at @HP.
    thank you natalie. It is exciting to see a thread I started on a non-HP forum gathering attention.

for me, I'm not a twitter or facebook user so this is even more exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by NatalieatHP View Post
    Hi DanLipson, I work for HP and wanted to thank you for the comment! I just wanted to see what some of the software items you are looking forward to are and also get an idea of what kind of apps you have downloaded. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
    It would probably be a good idea to start a new Touchpad thread. What Touchpad software do you want and what have you downloaded? Then stand back.
    hi NatalieatHP

I would really like to see an official nook and netflix app. That would be the cherry on top.
    Last edited by pyrognome; 07/05/2011 at 11:08 AM.
    sweet greggo and LA6507a like this.
    Well well, had a good night with fireworks, cook out and spending time with the family. Being the techie of the family I had to show off the touchpad of course. I bought my mom an iPad for her birthday last year because she was always having some kind of problem with notebooks. I'd figured I'd show her the touchpad to get a non-techie look at the device and I'm beginning to see that the touchpad is ideal for those looking for a good email/web browsing device. That is pretty much all she used the iPad for was email, mimimum web browsing, and..sadly enough, Facebook XD.
    Well she loved the touchpad, she loved the way she was able to manage the web and loved that when she went back to the webpage she was on coming back from an email, that the webpage didn't reload.
    As for the email, she loved seeing the notification email come from the notification bar and doesn't have to keep track of numbers to remember if a new email came in or not (usually only looks at email that she finds important and doesn't go through them all so its rarely at 0).
    great to see HP participating in these forums.

For software I think the app catalog needs to show more than the 30 or so that it currently does, it needs to have the capabilities of showing hundreds otherwise people will never see more than a very small percentage of the available.

Launcher needs to have customizable tabs.

And we need a video out solution.

Dont actually have a touchpad but these are my comments from the peanut gallery.
    Nice to see some official HP representative here.
    I received my Touchpad last week and I love it, carring around the whole time.

But I think some features are still missing, some are already available on Pre2:

- Calculator
    - Clock app incl. alarms
    - Musik streaming from Mediaserver
    - Privat appointments in calender. I can not mark them as privat nor is the privat tag shown, when entered in outlook.
    - Kindle App for Germany
    - Better Web Bookmark manager (sorting, placing, etc)
    - Office Communicator integration into messaging.

But to be honest, also these features are still missing: I LOVE WEBOS and my Touchpad......