Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    I just got mine, a 32... Haven't done much besides set up, but first thing I tried was going to Hulu... Am I missing something? Mine stutters terribly. Poor video quality and also a audio/video offset. Also disappointed that the SMS feature isn't working with my Veer... HP forgot to tell us that that's not happening yet.
    don't have a touchpad but played with one at best buy. Wasn't that impressed, most of the things that endear me to my phone with webos are missing. Quick office took 8 pulses to start, got it down to three after about 5 tries, same for maps.

The screen crisp though. Without using stacks navigation was a tedious effort.

I'll wait until they put webos on a convertible like the tm2 and fix all the bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I tested a demo unit at bestbuy and loved the keyboard. Calendar app was pretty good (much better than ipad) though it was slow to transition from day to week to month views with overlapping text when you tried to change views. It wasn't too bad just a bit ugly. Email app looked good the 3 pane system seemed intuitive but for some reason bestbuy wifi seemed to not be cooperating as browser was loading fine but emails wouldn't load (I am hoping it wasn't a bug). I could see sample data in the email and preview showed me what was in the email but when I clicked on it it just seemed to show a blank page. Flash worked ok but no sound came from the speakers.

PDF app seemed to be not that great (I couldn't find a search button) and going through local links did not work. Since, I plan to use it as a pdf document reader most of the time I was not interested in buying it immediately. However, after seeing the article that touchpad was trending on ebay I checked and found one 32GB for $500 (open box (like new) no receipt and no returns accepted, free shipping). I thought even without HP's mail in rebate it is still a good deal so I bought it. I am hoping to get it by next week.
    No receipt and no returns accepted? Dude thats kinda dangerous. You could be getting a dud.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I feel for you. I really talked myself out of picking it up. I had no use for it no matter how I tried to come up with a reason. I'd gone the whole day and my husband called to see if I picked it up. When I said no, he told me to leave it & get it.

We'll what can I say sometimes you have to buy something for yourself so that others feel good. This baby is a dream. I'm not doing 1/2 of the things that I felt were important. But I'm having fun with things I never thought I'd get into. Let me know what apps get you when you start using it.
    I love that sentence. "Sometimes you have to buy something for yourself so that others feel good." Lol!!! Thats my favorite so far! I'm going to use that one from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    I just got mine, a 32... Haven't done much besides set up, but first thing I tried was going to Hulu... Am I missing something? Mine stutters terribly. Poor video quality and also a audio/video offset. Also disappointed that the SMS feature isn't working with my Veer... HP forgot to tell us that that's not happening yet.
    If you tried Hulu RIGHT after you had it set up, might be slow because in the background it will be busy syncing your profile/apps. After that, when you start playing Hulu, it will stutter at the beginning but after the buffer it should be pretty smooth sailing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    No receipt and no returns accepted? Dude thats kinda dangerous. You could be getting a dud.
    Yeah I was concerned too. However, Ebay fraud protection is actually pretty good and the seller has a 97.1% rating with lots of sales. Warranty would be with HP anyway. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    My wife is digging her Touchpad we picked up yesterday. No complaints, and it works as advertised. Only lag is the logging on and opening the App Catalog. Flash works great.
    Global Posts
    828 Global Posts
    Wait til, you guys put the case on....makes it feel even more solid & sooooo functional. I dont see having to take it off at all....

Twitpic / MrKal_El

Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Wait til, you guys put the case on....makes it feel even more solid & sooooo functional. I dont see having to take it off at all....

Twitpic / MrKal_El

I'm jealous. Congrats on your case.
    Could anyone who uses comixology tell how well the website displays comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I'm jealous. Congrats on your case.
    x2, I keep thinking about taking the plunge on the QVC deal that I know I shouldn't do. Would like to wait until the 7 incher comes out, but I keep gettting jealous when I see this stuff, and I know I would be posting this from a TP not sitting in my office if I had a TP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I just couldn't wait for the QVC bundle. I drove 11 miles in one direction to nearest Walmart where there were no TP's to be had. I then went 30 miles in the other direction to get my TP!! Setting up now - so excited!
    couldn't wiat any longer despite probably qualifying for developer discount....decided to rush out and get it from costco. Costco locally didn't have a display up yet, but they were selling them $579 is 20 off for 32 gb. THe case is more of a "sleeve" and not really a great case.

It's awesome...little lag while apps are first downloading...wait for that to finish. Also did ##LOGS# per webosinternals to set logging to minimal. Working fine so far! Calls can be made from TP via bluetooth to the pre.
    I can't help but think most buyers somehow got better units than reviewers. The kb lag reported by Topolski, e.g., is so completely at odds with my experience that there's no other way to explain it. The kb is just ridiculously responsive.

I do agree that HP has taken a step back in terms of cursor placement (or lack thereof). What's up with that?
    hulu works
    startrek.com is sluggish for fullscreeen videos

but fox.com for house fullscreeen videos , full episodes looks freaking awesome!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    couldn't wiat any longer despite probably qualifying for developer discount....decided to rush out and get it from costco. Costco locally didn't have a display up yet, but they were selling them $579 is 20 off for 32 gb. THe case is more of a "sleeve" and not really a great case.

It's awesome...little lag while apps are first downloading...wait for that to finish. Also did ##LOGS# per webosinternals to set logging to minimal. Working fine so far! Calls can be made from TP via bluetooth to the pre.
    What is the point of minimal logging? I punched the ##logs# code into my Pre and it said if is switch to minimal ogging I can never switch back.
    day three, still havent set it down. Gf hates it. I need to find a case!
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    What is the point of minimal logging? I punched the ##logs# code into my Pre and it said if is switch to minimal ogging I can never switch back.
    need rod to tell us since he tweeted it. IDea being logging taking up cpu cycles and causing lag. Supposed to be fixed in the ota update....in the coming weeks
    Saw lag once when launching Quell on the BB Demo unit... I think they have an older version of the software, I will check again tomorrow. I already orderd the QVC bundle and can't wait. It just worked great though and I have used Ipad 2, Xoom, etc. WebOS on a tablet is just natural!!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    typing my first post from my brand new touchpad and loving it. I bought mine on saturday afternoon and they said I was the first one to purchase one, pretty sad. They had 40 in stock at the best buy I went to in jensen beach, Fl.

I have been playing with this thing for hours and hours, seems like I cant put it down for more then 10 mins. Battery life has been great and the overall feeling of this device is truly impressive. There is some lag here n there but hopefully that will be fixed wit an update soon. Happy touchpad owner here!
    omr6535 likes this.