Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
    I'm really enjoying mine. I think complaints about the size and weight are pretty absurd. I havent see many of the slowdowns the reviews were talking about. The only time I have any lag is when i'm installing an app. Overall I'm quite happy, just bring on the apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbone View Post
    ohhh man all of you guys are making me even more excited to get my hands on my own touchpad later today!!!
    Oh yeah? Well your profile pic is making me . . . Never mind.
    Soorma likes this.
    my wife loves my touchpad. She has been using it to watch chinese videos online. Flash works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhiz8577 View Post
    Am loving mine and since I have been a playon.tv user for years I have hulu, netflix, espn3, local media, ect playing like a dream on my touchpad.

If anyone else bought a licence a couple years back dust it off and start watching.

I have used playon in the past, curious how the TP will work with my HTPC running GBPVR or XBMC or etc (open source type programs)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    it is so rad....I have no adjectives....just....wow.
    there are minor gripes, but nothing patching and a few updates cannot fix.
    in fact, I think mine is so wonderful I am going to just ignore any further reviews that are negative. Haters want to hate. And this tablet friggin rocks. Already (since it isnt a work week yet...so I will find out for sure on tuesday) I can tell this is going to be incredible for speeding up my productivity. Already more productive han my netbook :-P
    yup, I have to admit this is the first expensive gadget I've bought in a long time that I didn't have an urgent need for.. But holy crap, I keep thinking of new uses for it.

Also haven't seen any of the lag others reported. This thing just screams!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm glad to be reading these positive comments on the TP, especially after seeing everyone almost writing this tab off!!

I use an iPad 2 right now ( and I would be lying if I said it sucks!! ) but also have a HTC EVO as my primary phone, and also got the Asus Transformer and Galaxy Tab 10.1

However, Honeycomb just plain blows!!! The typing lag is so ***** annoying that it makes me wanna smash the Android tabs Good thing I can still return them!

Anywho, been a huge WebOS fan since I got the Pre on Sprint, and was very excited about this TP until I started reading the crappy reviews!!

I will def. be checking it out at BB or Costco, and probably getting one too
    iPhone 4(sold) : Palm Pre(sold) : HTC EVO 3D: Nokia E71-2: BB Bold (work)

Other Toys: '07 M5 : '08 LS7
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    this tablet is EVERYTHING I was hoping that it would be. this renews my hope for webOS to make it into the big-boy ranks of the mobile world. I read the reviews and had a sinking feeling, but plunked down my money just the same, and I am thrilled that I own this technology. Everybody in my house (3 kids and wife) are wanting their own. Here we go...
    I would love to be able to love my TouchPad, but the sales scum rep (yeah I know, all salesmen lie to get a sale) at HP SB promised me that my TouchPad would ship out July 1st with prioity overnight fedex shipping. After my CC was billed and email sent on the 1st I came to the realization that my TouchPad will not arrive until Tuesday, doh!, lol. Well I waited this long, guess I can wait a few more days.
    I tested a demo unit at bestbuy and loved the keyboard. Calendar app was pretty good (much better than ipad) though it was slow to transition from day to week to month views with overlapping text when you tried to change views. It wasn't too bad just a bit ugly. Email app looked good the 3 pane system seemed intuitive but for some reason bestbuy wifi seemed to not be cooperating as browser was loading fine but emails wouldn't load (I am hoping it wasn't a bug). I could see sample data in the email and preview showed me what was in the email but when I clicked on it it just seemed to show a blank page. Flash worked ok but no sound came from the speakers.

PDF app seemed to be not that great (I couldn't find a search button) and going through local links did not work. Since, I plan to use it as a pdf document reader most of the time I was not interested in buying it immediately. However, after seeing the article that touchpad was trending on ebay I checked and found one 32GB for $500 (open box (like new) no receipt and no returns accepted, free shipping). I thought even without HP's mail in rebate it is still a good deal so I bought it. I am hoping to get it by next week.
    Am loving mine and since I have been a playon.tv user for years I have hulu, netflix, espn3, local media, ect playing like a dream on my touchpad.

If anyone else bought a licence a couple years back dust it off and start watching.

so the mobile access option works with the new browser? Sweet!!!! That will be one of the first things I try out when Amazon delivers my TouchPad next week.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts

Do/can you just put it in the browser? It doesn't list the TouchPad as one of the devices on which it will work? Can't do all SlingBox can do, but since there is no SlingBox app (yet?)...

Watch Internet Videos on Your TV | PlayOn
    I'm loving my touchpad . I'm glad I didn't waste more time reading reviews. The first couple I read made me reconsider whether I'd buy it. I'm very glad I did. The speed and responsiveness is awesome. A few stutters here and there but nothing too bad. There are certainly some bugs that need to be fixed. I'm confident HP will be fixing most, if not all, of them soon.

Thanks for the tip about playon.tv Does it work on the TouchPad from the mobile site when you're away from the house? I'm using the free trial for one week.
    I also am baffled by the poor touchpad reviews, especially all this rumored lag and such. I have only had problems in extreme usage scenarios, but running pandora, need for speed paused, box.net, app catalog downloading multiple apps, bluetooth linked to my pre-, while checking out the citrix demo I only had issues when the apps were installing in the background. How many of those can you do at once on the iPad2? (my wife won't share hers, which I bought her, so idk LOL) I have a jailbroken multitasking iPhone 3G that chokes on more than just a few low memory apps simultaneously, which is mostly a memory issue, and I think I hit the same issue on the TP (albeit with some serious memory hoggers in use). On my iPhone I have it modded to display available ram, so I can kill apps and flush the memory when it gets full.

I also prefer the thickness of the TouchPad, my first thought when my wife's iPad2 arrived was '*****, I could snap this thing in half!', maybe it's just me, but I like devices to have a little heft to them, and feeling 'solid' as opposed to 'delicate' is important (particularly if i'm going to use it in the industrial setting where I work). Apple loves glossy and ornate, but I think the TP pulls off the class without feeling like a piece of glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I have used playon in the past, curious how the TP will work with my HTPC running GBPVR or XBMC or etc (open source type programs)
    I'm releasing my xbmc / boxee remote app in the next few days.

hparsons, sorli, ijip and 1 others like this.
  18.    #58  
    I have an N router so I get reception across the street and I my neighbor's house. I had issues with the router until I shut off mac filtering.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I would love to be able to love my TouchPad, but the sales scum rep (yeah I know, all salesmen lie to get a sale) at HP SB promised me that my TouchPad would ship out July 1st with prioity overnight fedex shipping. After my CC was billed and email sent on the 1st I came to the realization that my TouchPad will not arrive until Tuesday, doh!, lol. Well I waited this long, guess I can wait a few more days.
    I feel for you. I really talked myself out of picking it up. I had no use for it no matter how I tried to come up with a reason. I'd gone the whole day and my husband called to see if I picked it up. When I said no, he told me to leave it & get it.

We'll what can I say sometimes you have to buy something for yourself so that others feel good. This baby is a dream. I'm not doing 1/2 of the things that I felt were important. But I'm having fun with things I never thought I'd get into. Let me know what apps get you when you start using it.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Loving Mine, but sadly, I must return it... There is a piece of dust under the screen, but I will be getting another. My wife- Your gonna return it for that? Me - When I pay 599 for something, it better be perfect, because it isn't very often that I get to spend that kind of $$$ on myself!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast