Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rennat
  1.    #1  
    Do not sync your Facebook account onto the Demo unit. I made the mistake of doing this and the demo unit is not capable of deleting photos, fortunately the demo unit wipes itself of all memory every 6 hours but still for 6 hours after you sync your Facebook account even if you remove that account the pictures will be there for everyone in the store to view.
    yeah, i generally make a point of never ever even putting passwords into demo units for the most part.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Not to hate on you, but why would you ever consider putting your information into something public???
    Ah, well, DUHHHHH. Helooooo. I remember at BestBuy, all these tourists who've never played with an iPad come in, and program their Gmail credentials in the mail app instead of going to the browser to check their email and then start fretting and fussing that there's no way to "log off" the email.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Yeah, you shouldn't do that.
  6.    #6  
    Haha, I'm an HP rep. the Demo unit is not on display yet...the store is not abiding by the rules...but anyway the Touchpad was given to me to walk around with...it wasn't in public so I knew my FB account will be cleared before it even hits the display. I visit this BB every week so I will make sure it is taken off...not just a normal consumer so I knew what I was doing just wanted to give a heads up to everyone else!
    What about the Bluetooth? I synced my phone with the Demo unit to test it. Does that stay there too?
  8.    #8  
    You have to choose to remove that device I believe. Also I just turned my bluetooth off from my phone when I was in the store so it wouldn't always pair with it. Also found difficulty syncing my phone with the demo unit...had no problem syncing it with the real version that I got my hands on a couple of days ago.
    I can see why you did that, because you wanted to try the facebook app but wize to warn everyone else here. Thanks!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    somline likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    Do not sync your Facebook account onto the Demo unit. I made the mistake of doing this and the demo unit is not capable of deleting photos, fortunately the demo unit wipes itself of all memory every 6 hours but still for 6 hours after you sync your Facebook account even if you remove that account the pictures will be there for everyone in the store to view.
    You should have been able to remove the facebook account from the Accounts app, shouldn't you?
    the DEMO app should clear information fairly frequently (i'm pretty sure its way less then 6) including paired devices, account logins, messages, contacts, etc.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Yeah, I can't even count the number of times I've walked into a Sprint store & have played around with phones that people have logged into the Facebook app with. I usually post a status update from their account saying something like: "I can't believe I left my FB account logged on the phone in the Sprint store, now everyone's looking through my account & laughing at my silly pictures." Then I'll do them a favor & log them out. Hopefully they learned a lesson.