Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spare
  1.    #1  
    I am reading all your posts and some are saying some lag. If I may ask what were some of the lag?

Browser? Music?

I just hope it is minor and nothing major.
  2. macdavepro
    So far the only time I'm experiencing lag is when it's requesting data that hasn't yet been cached. The app store has a little lag, but I'm guessing it's because the app rankings have been changing throughout the day.
    Demo unit @ BB lagged, and locked, w/browser launch...I kept with it, and restarted it (twice), but got tired of it. *sigh* Next, I sauntered over to the ipad2 display, and with the exception of the less-than-webos-os, it was buttery smooth.

Too bad...high hopes for the TP...fingers crossed for the promised update.
    app store here. Also some lag in the facebook app when sliding panes back and forth. A tad in the music list (although it was my first time through it), and some weird accelerometer changes every once in awhile. Overall, I love it. Some ota updates will do wonders.

My iPad2 owning friend was thoroughly impressed. Said it was just about as smooth and responsive has his ipad2
    Not much at all.

Try YouTube 1080p... it runs like a BEAST. Let's see Honeycomb do that, or even the iPa- OH, wait.

:-D
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Just set mine up and was getting some lag. Then I went to the launcher and under Downloads it was getting all the apps I had on my phone, which was a lot. Yeah, that will cause lag until it's finished.
    Ziplock likes this.
    I must say after visting best buy a few minutes ago the touchpad is def top notch. The lag I saw at times was minimal and I tested others ipad 2 galaxy tab 10 and all had there lag issues from time to time. I was there for a hour and not only did 3 BB reps know everything about it (1 went to HPs seminar) they also recommended it over the ipad2 and galaxy tab. Mind you there were 10 of us there wanting to buy 1but was told not until Sunday. So my verdict is the reviewers are wrong, and I would recommend the touchpad over all others period .
    Why are they hoarding it till Sunday? Wasn't 7/1 supposed to be the launch date?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    my touchpad has been lagging all over the place. While I type , browsing, switching between apps and has already rebooted itself twice in the last hour.
    I'll probably return for another after I play with it a little more
    SI app was lagging at first. Closed it and reopened and it worked. You have to buy a subscription to it so I really didn't mess with it afterwards. Would have liked an article or two, maybe a trial.
    So far the App Catalog feels slow, and I had problems with the Memo app not responding to touch for a while and Mosaic reader seems a bit sluggish. And I can't quantify it but touch seems to be a hair more responsive on my first gen iPad. I also played with the demo in the store, they need to do something about that demo app. It makes the TP feel really sluggish, it even froze up on me a few times while I was playing with it. I tried to turn the screen off after that and no dice, it just sat there... Not the type of experience you want someone to have while they're playing with your tablet and the myriad other tablets in the store.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    Demo unit @ BB lagged, and locked, w/browser launch...I kept with it, and restarted it (twice), but got tired of it. *sigh* Next, I sauntered over to the ipad2 display, and with the exception of the less-than-webos-os, it was buttery smooth.

Too bad...high hopes for the TP...fingers crossed for the promised update.
    I went to a BestBuy today and the demo unit was slow until the demo was loaded--took quite a while (3 minutes?). I think every time you reboot the device, the demo has to reload, though I could be wrong. Once the demo had been downloaded, TouchPad worked great. I had to show the BB employees how to pair it w/my phone, had one of them call me & they realized even the "buttery smooth" ipad2 couldn't do that!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    The pinch to zoom is a little jittery. Not sure if I have a bad unit. The sliding between cards is VERY smooth.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    scrolling is a little jittery too.
    mine has VERY little lag every now and then. Nothing that would make me wish for a different tablet OS though...The Touchpad is amazing, but like anything else, not perfect.