Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By DataJog
  • 1 Post By shingi_70
  • 1 Post By dec
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I don't know what the 'reviewers' reviewed, but so far it's a much better experience than what they portrayed.

I just watched 4 full screen 1080p Youtube video's (including Jack Sparrow (feat. Michael Bolton)), with no jitter, frame loss, or any complaints. Smoooooooth and beautiful.

I fired up Google Music and streamed my music without a hitch. It does sound very good!

webOS has been great - a few little lags, but nothing major.

Keyboard is great for number row alone!

It does not feel like I'm going to drop it because of the finish.

My one complaint is the cut-outs for the speakers. But that is solved with a case or skin.

I'll play some more and provide more impressions later.

(Typed entirely from the Touchpad!)
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    DaveInFL, etx and sorli like this.
    Thats good to here. Im personally going tab 10 but its good to here that my webos bros aren't left in the dark on the tablet goodness.

Question does google music continue to play if you leave the card and go to the calendar or another browser card?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Thats good to here. Im personally going tab 10 but its good to here that my webos bros aren't left in the dark on the tablet goodness.

Question does google music continue to play if you leave the card and go to the calendar or another browser card?
    Yes - it does continue to play and while in standby (screen darkened).

Track just changed and the lock screen popped up...
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

Quote Originally Posted by SmartKidsOnTheRun View Post
    I don't know what the 'reviewers' reviewed, but so far it's a much better experience than what they portrayed.

I just watched 4 full screen 1080p Youtube video's (including Jack Sparrow (feat. Michael Bolton)), with no jitter, frame loss, or any complaints. Smoooooooth and beautiful.

I fired up Google Music and streamed my music without a hitch. It does sound very good!

My one complaint is the cut-outs for the speakers. But that is solved with a case or skin.

I am glad that you like it thus far!

If I may ask what were the lags that you have experienced?
    Thats cool. My uncle is about to get a tablet and i reccomended the touchpad/pre 3 combo.
    kchan283 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartKidsOnTheRun View Post

Videos jitter when switching back and forth from full screen to window-size. Worked fine as full screen for me, though.

I haven't had a problem with the finish or sharp edges either.

I do miss my Pre gestures for going back and forward.

I'm pretty ****ed about the kindle app not being live. That's what I really wanted a tablet for in the first place. I'm sure it'll be live soon enough.

Apps have left me wanting a bit. Netflix would be nice, as would an epub reader, facebook chat of some sort (preferably just through the messaging app), and I'd definitely love some navigation software.. but nav software is probably not going to be a reasonable hope.
    idk about most of the people who review the touchpad and gave it a low score but ive been playing with it at best buy and its a fast and responsive machine . I will be getting one when my checks come in .
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    I am glad that you like it thus far!

If I may ask what were the lags that you have experienced?
    Sometimes the activity indicator slows - but it was during initial loading, maybe it was syncing in the background. I'm going to keep on watching and see how it goes...

Ditto here. Only some minor hiccups, some weird things with the accelerometer. Nothing an ota won't fix. Love love LOVE it!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh4Sh0 View Post
    Videos jitter when switching back and forth from full screen to window-size. Worked fine as full screen for me, though.

I haven't had a problem with the finish or sharp edges either.

I do miss my Pre gestures for going back and forward.

I'm pretty ****ed about the kindle app not being live. That's what I really wanted a tablet for in the first place. I'm sure it'll be live soon enough.

Apps have left me wanting a bit. Netflix would be nice, as would an epub reader, facebook chat of some sort (preferably just through the messaging app), and I'd definitely love some navigation software.. but nav software is probably not going to be a reasonable hope.
    What there is no Kindle?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    What there is no Kindle?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Its supposedly in the work.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  12. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    mine is frickin awesome . . . exceeded expectations for sure. The nay-sayer reviews might have had me a bit leary, but I'm stoked about this product ~
    DataJog likes this.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post

Yes it does. In another thread, one of the guys posted a video of it. He must have had 20 other cards open, would shrink google music to a card, put it in a stack, go to other cards, etc & music never stopped.

Here is the link to the thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    Same here...

Youtube - perfect playback

Hulu - also smooth and not hesitation

ComingSoon.net - I'm having no problem with FLASH!

Few problems with some newer apps ported or recreated for the TP like Precentral.net (unofficial) is kinda buggy and I'm having problems with Precentral.net new interface in general and not acknowledging that I'm logged it to comment, thumbs up, or othewise.

Only problem so far, moving large files via USB...very slow and may have other problems coming from my Mac. I really need the ability to Stream video files (like DLNA, or maybe something like PlayOn, etc). Time to experiment. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    ... I'm having problems with Precentral.net new interface in general and not acknowledging that I'm logged it to comment, thumbs up, or othewise.
    Yup - funny the only site I had a problem with was logging into precentral.net!

I'm sure there are other little things out there - but all can be fixed with software so far that I've seen.