1.    #1  
    The phones are linked via Bluetooth and my text message history (up to last night) imported to the TP just fine, but new texts aren't being delivered to the TouchPad. They come in on the Veer fine, but nothing shows up on TouchPad.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Veer needs S/W update according to HP.
    Last edited by VCI_Cell; 07/01/2011 at 04:49 PM.
    how far away are they? bluetooth has certain range
    I was having the same issue last night, but didn't mess with it much to try and fix. I could make calls just fine, but couldn't send or receive txt messages.

I guess I should add that I was trying it with Franken Pre 2 and TouchPad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #4  
    Should have specified that I was right next to the Veer with my TouchPad when I was trying this.

Just did a re-boot on both devices to try to fix, but no joy.
    If i'm not mistaken, the Veer is on webOS 2.1, which does not support sending text messages to the TouchPad. From my understanding, you must be on 2.2 to be able to forward the messages.
  6.    #6  
    Just called the webOS butler service, and they agreed with you, estebancam. Veer "does not currently support SMS mirroring." Mystery solved.
    I just went throw mobile chat on my touchpad to find out it doesnt work with the veer yet, so sad, how am i supposed to show off now?
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    I'm pretty sure text forwarding needs an update on phones. If you check the Touchpad, it supports the Message Access Protocol (MAP) for bluetooth, but none of the phones do yet.

I know it doesnt work on my Veer or Pre 2 yet.

Of course, I wish that was my only issue with Messaging, IM almost never works either, but that's for another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm pretty sure text forwarding needs an update on phones. If you check the Touchpad, it supports the Message Access Protocol (MAP) for bluetooth, but none of the phones do yet.

I know it doesnt work on my Veer or Pre 2 yet.

Of course, I wish that was my only issue with Messaging, IM almost never works either, but that's for another thread.
    It will probably never work with the Pre 2. Has anybody heard about the Pre 2 getting an official webOS 2.2+ release? I'm guessing HP's going to discontinue support for the Pre 2 now that webOS 2.1 has been rolled out to it. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    It will probably never work with the Pre 2. Has anybody heard about the Pre 2 getting an official webOS 2.2+ release? I'm guessing HP's going to discontinue support for the Pre 2 now that webOS 2.1 has been rolled out to it. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    There is no information available about this. Currently the Veer and Pre 3 are the only announced devices, but that doesn't mean much...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    There is no information available about this. Currently the Veer and Pre 3 are the only announced devices, but that doesn't mean much...
    yeah, hehe, one doesn't have update, the other has yet to be released.... hopefully soon tho.