Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HardBeatZ
  • 1 Post By sjaakb
  • 1 Post By dnbernar
  1.    #1  
    Unless I'm blind, I do not see a way to take pictures using the front facing camera. There is no photo/video app.

Anyone?
    There is no camera application.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    thejasonhowell likes this.
    That's what reviewers said. No cam app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    There is no camera app yet.
  5.    #5  
    That seems crazy to leave that out. Only way to test the quality is to use skype. BOO
    I'm not concerned, have 3 digital cameras and one on my phone. I was at a car show last month and was watching a person awkardly trying to take pictures with his tablet, beyond hilarious.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I'm not concerned, have 3 digital cameras and one on my phone. I was at a car show last month and was watching a person awkardly trying to take pictures with his tablet, beyond hilarious.
    at least give us the option to take facial portraits but who knows how long it will take for something to show up. Hopefully the API's are already in place
    Take facial potrait with your phone, then email it to your email account and open it with your tablet.
    file a bug report then, maybe hp will include one in next system update.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Take facial potrait with your phone, then email it to your email account and open it with your tablet.
    Better yet, have a portrait of yourself printed and glue it to the back of the pad ;-)
    LordSecksie likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    Better yet, have a portrait of yourself printed and glue it to the back of the pad ;-)
    lol
    Are.you.really.serious? This was known before now. Research fully before you buy something next time.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I think it should have the camera app either way. Not much point of having photobucket app if cant upload new pics, but only pics I load to usb. But would only be able to take facebook style pics holding it away from you, otherwise would just have to blindly aim to take pics away from you.
    I had several sales associates at Best Buy stumped as they couldn't locate the camera app either. I figured it could test it out using skype, but that app wasn't set up and I wasn't too keen on logging into my skype account at the store.

I was dissapointed that the Facebook app wasn't included on the touchpad. There was no way to download it on the display models that I could find.

On a side note, I was able to link my pre- to the touchpad. It was able to receive calls, but the sound was very poor. Of course I was in the middle of a busy Best Buy store so I couldn't really attest to the quality. I tried to test out the notifications but when I had a friend send me a text message to my linked pre- it did not come through on the touchpad.

Internet load time seemed really slow. I'm sure the network wasn't the fastest, but it did seem to take a long time to load precentral.net. I'm still on the fence, but almost ready to shell out my $500 for the touchpad.

I just wish HP Webos was running on the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I love the feel and weight of that hardware, but I'm staying clear of android.

The good news! The sales associates all seemed really interested in the touchpad and were enthusiastic about WebOS.
    sparkspnt likes this.
    Update... I was at Best Buy again and this time the HP rep was there. I asked him about a camera app and he was stumped as well. He hadn't had his training on the touchpad yet and I noticed he had an android phone. I think I knew more about the phone than he did.

I was a bit dissapointed in the performance of the touchpad. The store I stopped at had at least 3 on display. I wish they would have one set up without the demo app. I think it really is affecting the performance.

One of them would not connect to the map app, one would not connect to HP Help and said the wifi connection kept dropping. The thrid one I tried worked better, bue when I tried logging into my skype account to test the camera the login timed out. I gave up and decided to check out the other tablets. I have no interest in the android platform so the galaxy tab is out for me, but that iPad2 is still looking pretty sweet. It's so polished and smooth operating at least compared to the store touchpad displays.

How are the touchpads out there running? On the displays I noticed the calendar's loaded really slowly. Youtube videos were a bit choppy and sound was not synced with the video. I thought it might be the connection but the same video on the iPad2 played just fine.

I'm still on the fence as I know HP will be updating soon. I'm a huge webOS fan, but I'm nervous about taking the plunge... I'm holding out for the first software update, but I'll keep visiting my lovely touchpads and let you know if I discover anything else.

Oh, on a sidenote. You can't put the touchpad displays to sleep and wake them up using the power button. I was currious how fast they would sleep and wake up, but the display models have this disabled. Does it sleep and wake as quick as the iPad2?

How long can I hold out?
    I do have a bit of hope to this bad cup of coffee. If you look at HP's website you will find a screen shot of a TouchPad taking a picture with its camera app. Well its a little bit more than that, just go check it out below
    HP TouchPad Tablet | HP Official(R) Site (just scroll down and you will see what I mean to the right)
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I think it should have the camera app either way. Not much point of having photobucket app if cant upload new pics, but only pics I load to usb. But would only be able to take facebook style pics holding it away from you, otherwise would just have to blindly aim to take pics away from you.
    I couldn't sign into my photobucket account from the TouchPad. It worked ok on the Pre, though.

EDIT: photobucket on the Pre allowed me to enter the email account associated with the account, but the TouchPad will only work with the username.
    Last edited by hrminer92; 07/06/2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Rennat, all I see on the site is the Skype call. Unless I am completely missing it.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    haha... I posted in another thread about this yesterday. It showed the phone's camera app on the TP... HP really IS reading these posts; it's changed today to the Skype call.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    there is nothing there indicating TAKING a picture, only the obvious skype webcam feature