Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By capt4chris
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I tried hpplay and I tried copying files directly into a music fold on the TP but hpplay tells me songs were transfered but errors occurred (not sure how to find out what those errors were) and with both methods, the songs appear on the device but they don't play. they show album art etc but the song lengths are all 0.00 and nothing plays.

is there a method for moving songs onto the device that I'm not aware of or am I, as always, just technologically stunted?
    That's the two ways of adding music.

I think precentral's review mentioned some problems with transfering musics as well.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You can try good ole' drag and drop.

There is also a wonderful post that is being created to on the Palm forums by a user named Ridius that is a great read.

Ridius' TouchPad Media Guide - Support Community
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    thanks for the speedy responses
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Was just about to do this. Assuming HP Play works, can you automatically only sync everything or can you just tell it to sync some? I would like to try to use it but don't want to plug it in and have it automatically just start syncing everything.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just tried it and seemed to work fine. We'll see when it is done if it synced everything. I like the idea of HP Play. Can't wait to see how it develops.
    Last edited by lougw; 07/01/2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Tried using HP Play, syncing 1 playlist, 322 songs. According to Windows all 322 songs are on the TP hard drive now (and the memory stat would indicate that is correct), but only 32 show up in Music. Frustrating...
    try drag and drop then

I remember Derek said HP promised a patch very soon.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    That's the odd thing... it won't let me drag and drop in Windows because Windows seems to think that the file is already in the folder.
    Not a huge deal and yes, I think HP has said it is aware and will deal with, but I thought the problem was syncing and not reading what has synced.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    amazon cloud worked great but I really don't want to go and spend money on the cloud storage if I can get songs to play on the device directly.

audiophile plays everything just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    That's the odd thing... it won't let me drag and drop in Windows because Windows seems to think that the file is already in the folder.
    Not a huge deal and yes, I think HP has said it is aware and will deal with, but I thought the problem was syncing and not reading what has synced.
    still, you may want to put down a record in the sticky bug tracking post for future new users to check out.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Problem solved for me by doing a reboot. Suddenly it sees 318 songs. Not the 322 I synced, but I am guessing that is the original problem that HP knows about.
    Well I really hope they fix this soon....
    enice2 likes this.
    what format are the songs in? That would make a difference. HpPlay seems to be working for me.
    wow, adding songs to playlist is such a pain in the music app. Unless I'm not seeing an easier way, you have to drag the music one by one to the playlist you want.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have bout 5 albums in my touchpad I tranfered then nothing happens. I check internals pro app and they were there so I move all the music to downloads and its working on my remix app and the music app the comes with the touchpad
    I did a drag and drop of a bunch of jpegs and mp3s and they didn't seem to show up in the Touchpad apps as expected, but after spending some time on the live chat for support (from the Help app), the stuff started to show up. I think it may have needed some time for the OS to index everything I dragged over. All is working now.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i have a better way, unless u have google music of course -=P

download the Box app for TP. sign up for a new account from there, they will give u 50 gigs of cloud storage~!!! FREE!~!!

upload all the files u want to go there, including songs and pix. then when u feel like it just DL straight into your TP. its effortless and now everything u have is 100% backedup. plus u can share the files straight from there as well~!!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Has anyone just moved over the amazon mp3 folder over??? and I know its been a while since ive posted but have been a long time active WebOS diehard . I thought in all this news I saw Amazon MP3 would come with the TP is that where HP Play will come into taking that section over??
    I'm not sure why but HP Play works perfectly for me. I just cant get videos to load up on it.
    There's currently an issue with the OS seeing new media at times.

If you have Internalz from Chuck Coding, you can hide the folder containkng the media from the OS, restart the device and then un-hide the folder and the device will see the media!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums