Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #21  
    demo unit at wal-mart earlier this week was, I believe, completely drained. They also had an adapter connected between the HP AC/USB cable and the TP, and it did not provide enough voltage.

    As soon as they plugged the HP AC/USB cable directly into the TP, the "low battery" icon (similar to Pre's) popped on the screen. No buttons pushed.

    Sounds like something not quite right with your TP. Maybe they forgot to put the battery in? Or it's in wrong?
    I see pandas.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    But wait there's more one last thing to try before you do this...

    Press and hold the power button. While pressing and holding the power button press the home button (it's the center button on the bottom of the device) 10 - 15 times once you are done pressing the center button continuing holding the power button a couple seconds.

    After that let go of the power button then wait a few more seconds and press and hold the power button for about 5-7 seconds and see if it boots up.
    Tried 4 times at varying speeds for the 10-15 presses of the home button. Still dead
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoTreoGurl View Post
    Tried 4 times at varying speeds for the 10-15 presses of the home button. Still dead
    Go get a replacement, you don't want to go there late and find they are out of stock.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4. #24  
    Ack, store near doesn't have them yet, I hope there are still some left by the time I get across town.
  5. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Is it possible, I just got mine at BB (first person to buy one there - no line or anything), unwrapped it, plugged it in and nothing.

    Zip.

    Held the power in for many seconds but nothing.

    Is there a power charging indicator?

    HELP!
    Interesting. I just got back from my local BB (Rogers, MN), and one of their display models is completely dead.
  6. #26  
    My Touchpad stopped working after I left and came back 30 mins later. I tried the HardBeatZ post of Power/Home Button 10 - 15 times - then it rebooted and working fine... so far.
  7. #27  
    I'll be sending the two of you a private message in regards to this issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Jake_M and thejasonhowell like this.
  8. #28  
    Thanks for watching out for us, HardBeatz.
    thejasonhowell likes this.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I'll be sending the two of you a private message in regards to this issue.
    if there is a technical tip, please do share.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    if there is a technical tip, please do share.
    If there was I'm always willing to share, but at this point everything but coordinating the aligning of the sun and moon has been tried. I don't like when a conversation has to be diverted to a Private message, but when personal information begins to have to be exchanged it has to be the case.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If there was I'm always willing to share, but at this point everything but coordinating the aligning of the sun and moon has been tried. I don't like when a conversation has to be diverted to a Private message, but when personal information begins to have to be exchanged it has to be the case.
    i c, thanks
  12. #32  
    HardBeatZ, any idea if plugging a Pre in to the 4 amp charger will hurt the Pre? Also I am wondering if the charger is putting out the full amperage needed. I am very sorry to hear anyone with an issue.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    But wait there's more one last thing to try before you do this...

    Press and hold the power button. While pressing and holding the power button press the home button (it's the center button on the bottom of the device) 10 - 15 times once you are done pressing the center button continuing holding the power button a couple seconds.

    After that let go of the power button then wait a few more seconds and press and hold the power button for about 5-7 seconds and see if it boots up.
    Wait - what?

    Jump down, turn around, pick a bail of cotton?!?
    threed61#WN and jtfolden like this.
  14. #34  
    LOL PF, that IS quite the recovery procedure...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    HardBeatZ, any idea if plugging a Pre in to the 4 amp charger will hurt the Pre? Also I am wondering if the charger is putting out the full amperage needed. I am very sorry to hear anyone with an issue.
    Plugging your Pre in with the 4am charger will not hurt it. The device will only allow so much juice to keep it's internals from frying.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dougnail View Post
    My Touchpad stopped working after I left and came back 30 mins later. I tried the HardBeatZ post of Power/Home Button 10 - 15 times - then it rebooted and working fine... so far.
    That had to be scary. Glad the reboot worked!!! I've exchanged mine and the new one is working perfectly and all is good!
  17. #37  
    I seem to be having the same issue. No response when I plugged it via the wall charger. However, when I plugged it in to my laptop via USB, it came on no problem.
  18. #38  
    Here's a tip from Arthur Thornton on Twitter: Hold down both the Power and Home buttons together for at least 15 seconds. (Not the Up button too, and hold them both rather than repeatedly press either.) It's what Arthur called a "Hard Reset," although it doesn't actually erase anything. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  19. #39  
    are you using the USB to AC that came with the TP, or the one you use on your Pre? When I plugged the TP into the USB that I use with my Veer's Touchstone I got an error message that it didn't have enough juice to charge the TP. The TP's wall plug is bigger and easy to distinguish from earlier Palm plugs.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    are you using the USB to AC that came with the TP, or the one you use on your Pre? When I plugged the TP into the USB that I use with my Veer's Touchstone I got an error message that it didn't have enough juice to charge the TP. The TP's wall plug is bigger and easy to distinguish from earlier Palm plugs.
    The cable itself shouldn't matter. It's the barrels that really matter. You can use the Veer barrel with the Veer only, but you can use the Touchpad barrel with both devices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions