Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Fyi, give your tp a day or 2 to download & sync all your data & contacts because it links peoples data from multiple places, just so you know & don't jump the gun thinking it's being glitchy when it really hasn't fully baked in the synergy setup and fully installed & ready to run like it will when your profile is fully synced & all. As for mlb - it works, & I think that's more of a data connection issue.. While I don't have mlb.tv, I do have hulu + & hbogo, and I have a solid connection speed at home & it hums along wonderfully , though it can be a bit wonky when you first access streaming video sites, but usually works smooth as can be in less than a minute if that...
    Quote Originally Posted by vibe2.0 View Post
    So I have a TP 32GB due tomorrow and MLB TV ( video ) is of specific concern to me. I see posts saying it works, it doesn't work, it's choppy, and so forth. Can anyone verify that video ( I have a MLB TV acct ) works and if so exactly how well when "blown up" full screen?
    This may very well determine if I keep my TP or put it on EBay.
    Another question I have and forgive me if off topic but I think it is related is, will the TP be able to receive future Flash version updates?
    This is helpful because this is a specific feature that matters a lot to me. I see others had posted about MLB TV video but it was not real clear if worked well or hardly worked at all.

Is the hulu you use just through the regular website?
    Last edited by vibe2.0; 08/24/2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Just go to the MLB.com site and click on the Free Game of the Day and you'll have a good idea what to expect.
    I tried it today, the video was choppy and froze.
    But that may have been my wifi affecting it.
    The picture quality is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Just go to the MLB.com site and click on the Free Game of the Day and you'll have a good idea what to expect.
    I tried it today, the video was choppy and froze.
    But that may have been my wifi affecting it.
    The picture quality is amazing.
    Thanks for the input. I seem to see lots of conflicting accounts of how well it works or doesn't. I would hope people would be honest and not say it works well just because of personal bias in favor of the TP.
    Can I ask did you use the tip mentioned before about tapping the Flash content and bringing it full screen?
    If it is choppy and freezes I will likely not even unbox my TP32, due today.
    I tried to access video on my MLB.com account and no go. Just a circle of balls making a bigger ball rotating.
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    I tried to access video on my MLB.com account and no go. Just a circle of balls making a bigger ball rotating.
    Appreciate the feedback.
    Has anyone tried remote desktop applications to access MLB.TV / HULU, etc?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    im wondering about this.. On my Xoom it is a hit or miss most of time.. If it does not connect the first time, i have to close and reopen.. usually works after 2 or 3 tries though. Also I have noticed that it takes a few minutes to fully connect. so do not give up after 30 seconds. Looking forward to trying it on the TP
    Quote Originally Posted by vibe2.0 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I seem to see lots of conflicting accounts of how well it works or doesn't. I would hope people would be honest and not say it works well just because of personal bias in favor of the TP.
    Can I ask did you use the tip mentioned before about tapping the Flash content and bringing it full screen?
    If it is choppy and freezes I will likely not even unbox my TP32, due today.
    I just watched some clips from MLB.com, I double tapped, it went full screen, it wasn't as smooth as if it was on my laptop. It didn't freeze.
    I would unbox your TP, your wifi may be faster than mine and it may work better.
    I was also watching the a bunch of live lookins from the MLB gameday and they seemed fine. It was a little choppy as it cached the stream but once the stream was going it seemed pretty stable.
    Interesting result seems to be quite varied. Making it a bit difficult for me to decide if my TP32 will be a keeper. My wifi is just a standard Verizon Fios Router / Modem "G"". Curious if issue is bandwidth or flash related. Does the TP browser have a way to select "Desktop" mode? If so do you use that when accessing MLB site? Any remote desktop apps for TP? Any experience with those?
    I can provide some further feedback when I get back home this weekend and test some more mlb.tv. I dont see why it would have problems if all other streaming movies and flash videos are fine as long as you have a decent internet connection and your router is configured correctly (e.g. dont use WEP encryption, use WPA).

I dont know what 'desktop' mode is for a browser unless you mean full screen. Its not part of the default browser but could be part of the Advanced Browser 3rd party app but I have not used it so you can ask the questions in other threads dedicated to it.
    vibe2.0 likes this.
    MLB.tv wasn't always the smoothest feed even on a desktop.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    wonder if nfl ticket to go will work or if they will put out an app?
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    MLB.tv wasn't always the smoothest feed even on a desktop.
    That I can confirm is untrue at least for me. Have never had an issue in 4 years of subscribing. Also works beautifully on my LG Bluray player and Ipod.
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    I can provide some further feedback when I get back home this weekend and test some more mlb.tv. I dont see why it would have problems if all other streaming movies and flash videos are fine as long as you have a decent internet connection and your router is configured correctly (e.g. dont use WEP encryption, use WPA).

I dont know what 'desktop' mode is for a browser unless you mean full screen. Its not part of the default browser but could be part of the Advanced Browser 3rd party app but I have not used it so you can ask the questions in other threads dedicated to it.
    Desktop mode I am referring to is a way to cause the visited website to "see" you as a conventional "desktop" browser not a mobile device browser. As so many sites restrict mobile access this is sometimes a method to view the "full" website without restrictions. I am unsure if such a feature is available in the WEB OS TP browser or if any 3rd party browsers that support this feature are available for TP.
    so I used mlb.tv for a while last night...very bad stutter etc on my end. However with playon installed on my pc and going to m.playon.tv it worked perfect. Now I just need a way to accessplayon from other WiFi networks
    Appreciate the info regarding playon. Having to pay for playon to access it is not something I am willing to do. Why not a remote desktop app? Are there none available for Web OS / TP ?
  18. DS3
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    MLB has separate subscriptions for regular access and mobile access. Yeah, not cool.
    Pretty sure the full version stll works on mobiles.. they just offered the mobile version as a cheaper option for phones only.
    Quote Originally Posted by DS3 View Post
    Pretty sure the full version stll works on mobiles.. they just offered the mobile version as a cheaper option for phones only.
    The mobile version ( for video) is called AT BAT ( IPAD/ phone And select droid devices) and is a separate purchase IN ADDITION to the regular MLB TV subscription.

The AT BAT app for WEB OS DOES NOT SUPPORT VIDEO - it is basically a scoreboard application.

What we are discussing here is accessing MLBTV via the web browser, which other than the free game requires an MLB TV subscription and a device that is capable of playing the video. According to some the TP can play the flash based video, but more seem to mention choppy or unwatchable quality.
    I'm able to watch mlb.tv without it being choppy. I would recommend that you install preware and its patches and also overclock to 1.5 GHz. I just make sure that no other cards are open while I watch so that all resources are devoted to mlb.tv's card. When the video loads, lower the video quality to 0 or 1. If you have the bar all the way to the right (HD), it will be choppy.

So it works, but not in HD. I'm a huge baseball fan and being able to watch mlb.tv was a big deal to me. I'm very satisfied that it works on the touchpad.

Now, if only I could get YouTube to play smoothly
    vibe2.0 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast