Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone find a work-around for WiFi networks requiring HTTP Proxy to access the internet? i.e. Enterprise networks.

Or will this perhaps be included in the big 'update' that's coming in the coming weeks?

Thanks in advance.
    I think I'm hitting the same issue...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    My company routes everyone through a cloud of proxies, so I do not have the browser configuration requirement you seem to have.

But it would be good to know if something of this nature is coming soon or not since the Touchpad wants to be business class and general user friendly.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Agreed, if HP wants to see the TouchPad in the Enterprise they have to be able to support the ability to point to a proxy server. Hopefully this will be coming soon as this is a huge miss in WebOS
    I worked with my IT to attempt to do a manual address and use a static proxy stored address and it didn't seem to work.

called the helpdesk from HP and they do not support currently HTTP manual proxy setup.

If you have issues with this, please call it in so they create tickets and it can be added in the future.

my work around: pre plus hotspot when I need the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by firebymike1111 View Post
    I worked with my IT to attempt to do a manual address and use a static proxy stored address and it didn't seem to work.

called the helpdesk from HP and they do not support currently HTTP manual proxy setup.

If you have issues with this, please call it in so they create tickets and it can be added in the future.

my work around: pre plus hotspot when I need the web.
    Yeah I also use my Pre- as a hotspot to workaround the issue, but it kills the battery and is, in my opinion, an absurdity more than a workaround.

This has been an issue in webOS for years. . .should have been solved in 2009
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Ouch! I just ordered my TouchPad from Amazon (here today!). I was prepared to use Google Docs and Evernote via the public(ish) wifi to get around the whole QO editing issue. If I can't do that, though, I'm afraid the TouchPad is going to have to go back. I'll give it a try, though. Hopefully, my proxy set-up at work is different than your guys'.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Anyone have information on this? I brought my TouchPad into work, today and ran into the proxy issue. Considering half the reason I got a tablet was work-related, this is kind of a deal killer, for me. After working with it all weekend, I can't imagine how much less pleasant it would be to go to Android or iOS. Unfortunately, an enterprise device I can't use in the enterprise is just a pretty paperweight.

*sigh*
  9.    #9  
    Yeah...I had to return mine. I'll just wait for a couple years for a future iteration. It's an iOS tablet for me for now, unfortunately. Will def. still use Palm phones, though.
    For many in the enterprise environment this will be a none starter for the TouchPad. Sure hope HP makes this a priority in a future update or they will be bust in the enterprise market.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    With the "OTA in ten(ish) days" announcement, I'll wait a bit. This must be one of the fixes pushed, though.

Alternatively, if ten days really is ten days, I'll have enough faith in HP that I'll keep it if they tell me when the fix is coming at that point.
    This has been driving me crazy. Completely unacceptable. I really don't know what HP is thinking here.
    wow, what a joke.. HP you are sad, very sad.. I just ran into this today. Im really starting to hate this thing..
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I heard somewhere it's in webOS 3 but not in it's GUI for some reason. Anyone worked out how to get it going?

This is quite ridiculous.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    With the "OTA in ten(ish) days" announcement, I'll wait a bit. This must be one of the fixes pushed, though.

Alternatively, if ten days really is ten days, I'll have enough faith in HP that I'll keep it if they tell me when the fix is coming at that point.
    I wouldn't bank on an OTA. I've use webOS through 1.4.5 and now 2.1, still no such option.
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    I heard somewhere it's in webOS 3 but not in it's GUI for some reason. Anyone worked out how to get it going?
    Not for the timid (if you don't know how to obtain root access on your TouchPad via a terminal, this isn't for you), but take a look at this:

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=63186#p63186

--John
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    Not for the timid (if you don't know how to obtain root access on your TouchPad via a terminal, this isn't for you), but take a look at this:

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=63186#p63186

--John
    Surely putting a UI on this couldn't be mega hard and with the demand, have I missed someone actually doing it?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Well there you go, the solution is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...oxyswitch.html
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    There is another which got uploaded a few days ago, I used it today at Uni and it worked perfectly.

Proxy Set Basic it has more options than "Proxy Switch".
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    As far as I can tell none of the 4 proxy setting application will allow the HP App Catalog application to communicate. When the app is launched it reports that there is no network. Other apps that use the internet, not thru a web browser, have the same issue. The proxy setting apps that have been developed so far seem to only support web browsers and not internet access in general.

I am very happy with ProxySwitch by Robert Hesse. I am still hoping that someone will figure out an overall Proxy solution and not just a Web solution.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast