Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    <<thread cleaned>> Please stay on-topic about Beats Audio on the TouchPad. Thanks
  2. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    legit he!! . . .its uberlegit. Impressive no doubt ~
    I've got a pair of Beats Studio headphones, and they are amazing with just about any device, and miles above most headphones. There are exceptions of course, but as a general rule Beats Headphones provide a much higher quality auditory experience.

I've been using them with my pre- for about 8 months, but today I got the Touchpad and started using the headphones with it. I used the exact same music files as from my pre- on the Touchpad and compared a number of different songs. The Touchpad did indeed sound better.

Another thing I tested was in the Sounds $ Ringtones settings, with turning on and off Beats Audio.( I didn't realize Beats had much of a software component to it until I saw this, I was under the impression it was hardware and internal wiring.) Anyway, I toggled it while listening to a few different songs, and I again noticed a difference in sound quality.

While the differences in sound quality were noticeable when I switched back and forth between the pre- and Touchpad, and while on the Touchpad Beats audio toggled on and off, I honestly don't know that I would notice the slight change in quality if I didn't have them available to readily compare. This may be because I'm not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination.

Essentially, Beats Audio does make a difference, though how much that difference will be appreciated by the average consumer (i.e.; Me.) I can't say.
    Stay Hungry. Satisfied people never change the World.
    To most people the difference is negligible.

To the .01% that can tell the difference, the difference is huge.

You have to have a trained ear to notice it.

The thing is, however, that people without trained ears will still benefit from it every single day, whether they admit it or not, whether they realize it or not. Ear fatigue is proven time and time again to be one of the most important factors of how much one appreciates and/or listens to media.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I used my beats by dre with my Touchpad while listening to pandora and the sound was in my headphones and coming out of the Touchpad speakers at the same time. I tried regular headphones and didnt have that problem. Dont know what the deal is.

just figured it out I had to switch my cable it seems like the cable with the mic doesnt work to well.
    Last edited by krisnicaj; 07/01/2011 at 11:11 PM.
    I'd be curious to see what Beats audio on the Touchpad would sound like through my Shure earbuds.
    Its all stereotypes. Apple "invents new technology beyond everyone imagination" while everyone else plays catchup are goes off on their own tangent of innovation. HP innovates, Apple invents. Innovation sounds cool but invention seems more amazing. Apple is Apple. And we can expect to be treated such even though we do.

Beats Audio is a great technology that I am more than glad (supa excited!!) to see in the TouchPad. Beats Audio, WebOS, Tablet, Touch-to-Share = unmatchable buy despite what the technical reviews say. I think the reviews todays are to technical. We aren't technical and we don't think technical.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    To most people the difference is negligible.

To the .01% that can tell the difference, the difference is huge.

You have to have a trained ear to notice it.
    But to the trained ear, you know that the original mp3 source is going to throw out so much valuable information that no magical amplifier and speaker combination is going to rescue that. Even the cheapest sound card is going to have capabilities that exceed the dynamic range crippled mp3 file.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    But to the trained ear, you know that the original mp3 source is going to throw out so much valuable information that no magical amplifier and speaker combination is going to rescue that. Even the cheapest sound card is going to have capabilities that exceed the dynamic range crippled mp3 file.
    I know this but it doesn't matter. The extra power and thought that went into it makes it easier to listen to. Anyone who listens to music on the TouchPad was going to have the same quality music whether Beats was on it or not.

I enjoy listening to 24 bit 192khz, or 96khz depending on if I want audessy on or not, digital PCM from my computer. None of my music goes comes close to that quality, but it sounds better and is easier to listen to for longer periods of time I.E. all day long than 16 bit 44 / 48khz. It's not a huge difference and most people don't even know their computer can output that. I take advantage of it.

I'd rather have a container that fits all my spaghetti with room to spare than to try and smush it all into one. That way, I can have meatballs whenever I want.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

cobrakon likes this.
    Please, stop using the 'crippled MP3' excuse. I don't want to hear it anymore.

There's albums out there that do 24bit 176khz (Rolling Stones) and anyone who has it will love this feature.

It's not the TouchPad's fault that there are bad quality mp3's in existence.

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Please, stop using the 'crippled MP3' excuse. I don't want to hear it anymore.

There's albums out there that do 24bit 176khz (Rolling Stones) and anyone who has it will love this feature.

It's not the TouchPad's fault that there are bad quality mp3's in existence.
    But you also have to stop talking like all the other tablets have ultra cheap sound as well --- they all have 24 bit sound cards and they all come from the same audio chipset manufacturer.

The difference between the two audio chips is 80 cents --- 1 less audio feature and 1W less power. If you turn off Beats Audio profile on your TouchPad (which uses the hardware dynamic range compressor) --- you have feature parity with all the other tablets' sound card.
    Last edited by samab; 07/02/2011 at 02:08 AM.
    I like the sound quality but the amp sucks. My moto xoom puts out twice the volume. I have to put the stereo at 50 on my touchpad to match The volume my girlfriend's xoom gets at 30.
    I haven't made a single post about any tablet other than the TouchPad. Anywhere on the internet.

-.-

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    But if all of them sport the basically the same audio chip --- then you can't hear the difference then.

If there was any thought into it --- we wouldn't have reviewers talking about speaker grill, speaker orientation and volume. But look at our headphone jack --- it's all plastic with no metal parts which will mininize signal noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    I like the sound quality but the amp sucks. My moto xoom puts out twice the volume. I have to put the stereo at 50 on my touchpad to match The volume my girlfriend's xoom gets at 30.
    I wonder if there will be a patch for that...
    the exterior speakers are pretty good too imo.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    If you turn off Beats Audio profile on your TouchPad (which uses the hardware dynamic range compressor) --- you have feature parity with all the other tablets' sound card.
    Wait, so the "Beats Audio" technology is essentially the same as the "loudness" button on my stereo?
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    I would say that "Beats Audio" profile is similar to SRS WOW/TruBass (in Microsoft's Windows Media Player) and BBE Sonic Maximizer.

If you have an old xp computer using whatever built-in ac97 sound card in the motherboard and you turn on SRS effects in WMP, it slows down the whole computer because it is doing it in software. You can do it in hardware with the TouchPad --- because the audio chip has it. Other tablets don't have this function in their audio chip --- a 80 cents savings in component cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    I agree that the loudness (or lack of) is a problem. The highest level is about 70% of where I wish it was. The fidelity does seem good, though I'm no audiophile.
    Beats Headphones are amazing! If anyone is saying they are not they havent tried them. It sounds as if the artist is playing ten feet in front of you.

Im not sure how the beats audio is on the touchpad though.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast