Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone got SMS from a PrPrPr&#$275$; $to$ $transfer$ $to$ $a$ $TouchPad$? $I$ $got$ $the$ $phone$ $working$ $fine$. $Pairing$ $the$ $two$ $worked$, $but$ $has$ $an$ $exclamation$ $mark$. $When$ $I$ $tap$ $it$, $it$ $says$ $I$ $can$ '$view$ $error$ $message$', $tap$ $it$ &$gt$; $nothing$! $Any$ $thoughts$?
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
  2. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    interested in solution as well . . . First post from my touchpad . . .i'm login it!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    From what I understand you need webOS 2.2 and higher for that to work.
    Has anybody tried to share a profile on the TouchPad with the Pre-? I'd like to know how that goes down.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Has anybody tried to share a profile on the TouchPad with the Pre-? I'd like to know how that goes down.
    I'm using my TP after setting it up with my profile from my Day One Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5. Many of the apps came over, some did not. I have not taken a full inventory yet though.

I did answer a Pre phone call on the TP. SMS messages do not show up.

All of my e-mail accounts came over, I just needed to re-enter the passwords.
    Bookmarks did not come over, which is rather annoying.
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 07/01/2011 at 05:53 PM.
    the sms feature is not working but the update for sms will come later this month
    This is a very important question for many of us who were day1 Week 1 WebOS peeps. Please keep info comming in.
    About early Pre and the TP. How they work together.
    I have a TP on order, but am very curious.
  8.    #8  
    Ya I was very concerned it would wipe my phone. Nope, no problems at all. Apps that come over generally run in the emulator. Uhm, lets just say I dumped Carbon for Spaz on the TouchPad to avoid the emulator. I completely love this device though!
    - Jeff
    I have a veer and still cant sms pair...the voice calling works though...mind boggling
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    I have a veer and still cant sms pair...the voice calling works though...mind boggling
    The SMS forwarding works totally different than voice over bluetooth (essentially using the TouchPad as a bluetooth headset). SMS forwarding and TTS should be added to the Veer with webOS 2.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Ya I was very concerned it would wipe my phone. Nope, no problems at all. Apps that come over generally run in the emulator. Uhm, lets just say I dumped Carbon for Spaz on the TouchPad to avoid the emulator. I completely love this device though!
    Excellent news, and it certainly clarifies things. I didn't think it would work that well at all.

I'm guessing the emulator sucks? LOL.
    The SMS forwarding works totally different than voice over bluetooth (essentially using the TouchPad as a bluetooth headset). SMS forwarding and TTS should be added to the Veer with webOS 2.2.
    any date on the 2.2 update?
    assuming theres still no date on 2.2 release?
    any release date for 2.2? My veer is 2.1.2...
    Does anything continue to sync between devices? If you add a contact to the TP, for example, does it show up on the Pre? (wishful thinking)
  16.    #16  
    doodad, wishful thinking is right! That would be a nope so far...
    - Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    doodad, wishful thinking is right! That would be a nope so far...
    What about the other way around? Add on the Pre, does it show up on the TP?
    Excellent news, and it certainly clarifies things. I didn't think it would work that well at all.

I'm guessing the emulator sucks? LOL.
    actually the emulator isn't too bad. Very easy navigation.

now if they got th accelerometer to work with it, it would even be better
  19.    #19  
    The emulator works well, until you want to paste into it, ie, restore TrackMyTime data. It really is a Playbook solution, and my only complaint other than fingerprints from ghosts show up.

I am seriously thinking once both devices back up, the added to one should come to the other, just haven't attempted manual backup up. Call me scared...
    - Jeff
  20.    #20  
    BTW, anyone want a laptop?
    - Jeff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast